a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life

Bye Bye to Ten Players !

Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 10994
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Re: Bye Bye to Ten Players !

Post by Loughborough Ram on Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:55 pm

Who the f*ck would give £500,000 for Blackman, he is a complete waste of space
    valakari

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1214
    Registration date : 2011-10-22

Post by valakari on Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:56 pm

totally disagree..i'd keep
    Carson
    Forsyth
    Keogh
    Hughes
    Ince
    Bryson
    Thorne
    Martin
    Nugent
    Vydra
    Johnson
    and i dont care if we lost all of the rest of them..
    rjrules71

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : plymouth argyle 1964-65
    Number of posts : 4221
    Registration date : 2009-05-15

Post by rjrules71 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:03 pm

Time we moved Hughes on before the boat sails, not good enough for me, and change might do the lad good as well.

Move on all the cripples and bring in the young guns, okay so we lose a few games but they need the games and now is the perfect opportunity.

Leave Martin at Fulham to rot, not the sort I would want near the kids likewise with Shackell.

Lets get these swathing cuts sorted as fast as possible then move on with what we have.

Every man dies, not every man truly lives.

Braveheart
    rob

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 1898
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Post by rob on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:31 am

I think what we all agree on is we need massive change in this squad and it is going to cost a few quid
    Angus1

First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 54
    Registration date : 2017-02-15

Post by Angus1 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:32 am

Jackal wrote:
    valakari wrote:You're all still forgetting FFP.....its ok if clubs want to pay us the ammortised value of the player...but if not, we could be stuck with them, regardless of whether Rowett wants them or whether Mel wants them out.
    And, if we do sell at losses, we won't be able to buy replacements..
    so anyone who thinks selling our better players is a good idea, think again.
    This is why Bent,Baird and Christie will have to go..they are out of contract...but it does leave us without a right back (sign Wisdom)!
    Transfer fees in the Championship have also increased wildly out of proportion with interest rates of the real world since the new Sky deal. So a player we paid £3 million for (if they were still on-form, which i know ours aren't) would maybe be worth about £4.5 million in today's market. Take into account many of our players are out of form and we may get something a bit nearer to what we paid for them than you think. We still need to find buyers though.

You never know in football and there is a market of relegated clubs who have some money, most of our players are on the way down their best days are gone, shifting them looks a difficult prospect because the vast majority of footballers would see their contract out rather than take any reduced contracts elsewhere.
    Angus1

First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 54
    Registration date : 2017-02-15

Post by Angus1 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:40 am

rjrules71 wrote:Time we moved Hughes on before the boat sails, not good enough for me, and change might do the lad good as well.

Move on all the cripples and bring in the young guns, okay so we lose a few games but they need the games and now is the perfect opportunity.

Leave Martin at Fulham to rot, not the sort I would want near the kids likewise with Shackell.

Lets get these swathing cuts sorted  as fast as possible then move on with what we have.

This is Hughes worst season, which isn't really surprising given the injury he had and the type of player he is. Inevitable he was going to take time to adapt to the new knee. I think he is intelligent enough to make the adjustments he needs to.

I think Shackell and Martin are the type of guys who need proper management, they may not be the nicest lads but from what I hear they are up front, better than the devious sly ones in my opinion. Both are strong leaders on the pitch and we need that.
    bramhallram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3587
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Post by bramhallram on Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:19 pm

Angus1 wrote:
    rjrules71 wrote:Time we moved Hughes on before the boat sails, not good enough for me, and change might do the lad good as well.

Lets get these swathing cuts sorted  as fast as possible then move on with what we have.

This is Hughes worst season, which isn't really surprising given the injury he had and the type of player he is. Inevitable he was going to take time to adapt to the new knee. I think he is intelligent enough to make the adjustments he needs to.

Hughes is our most talented player. I hope GR builds our new team around him, and provides him with a hard-nosed b*stard for protection. What we need is a modern version of Arthur Cox's team where we had the George Williams/John Gregory partnership running midfield, with George under strict orders to just win the ball and pass it ten yards to Gregory. It worked perfectly and we were very successful at it.

Oh, and if we can find a new leader like Rob Hindmarch that will do nicely.

New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 22920
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:16 pm

Seems Man City are having a eighteen player clear out !!
    Swopsies !!! LOL

Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5123
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:41 am

bramhallram wrote:
    Angus1 wrote:

Hughes is our most talented player. I hope GR builds our new team around him, and provides him with a hard-nosed b*stard for protection. What we need is a modern version of Arthur Cox's team where we had the George Williams/John Gregory partnership running midfield, with George under strict orders to just win the ball and pass it ten yards to Gregory. It worked perfectly and we were very successful at it.

Oh, and if we can find a new leader like Rob Hindmarch that will do nicely.

I attended a Central league game at Anfield in the late eighties while at Liverpool Uni - it must have been one of Rob's rehab games - towards the end of his Rams career.

As it happened, I was sat next to a fellow with whom I exchanged views on various aspects, including Rob. He let it slip that he was at the game to report on our Man Mountain of a leader for the hierarcy at Molineux.

We both agreed that, at that stage of his career, Rob had the turning circle of a medium sized juggernaut, but that, in the grand scheme of things he was exactly what a second tier Black Country team needed.

The rest is history.

RIP Rob.

How we need someone like you today.
    MadAmster

Number of posts : 13335
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:48 am

New England Ram wrote:Seems Man City are having a eighteen player clear out !!
    Swopsies !!! LOL

That will leave them with about 60 players then.......

Gary Rowett's black & white army! The only certainty is we're all barmy LOL roll
    ShardlowSheep

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1985
    First ever game : Middlesborough at Home first game of 88 - 89 season
    Number of posts : 3904
    Registration date : 2009-03-27

Post by ShardlowSheep on Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:21 am

the 10 I would ship out would be Baird, Bent, Blackman, Butterfield, Shackell, Russell, De Saart though not sure if he counts as he is only on loan, Camara, Weimann, one of the left backs and Mason Bennett.
    That would leave us with:

Carson and Mitchell
    Christie, 2 leftbacks, Keogh, Pearce
    Anya, Ince, Thorne, Johnson, Hughes, Bryson
    Vydra, Martin, Nugent
    Some youngsters and whoever Rowett chooses to bring in
    valakari

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1214
    Registration date : 2011-10-22

Post by valakari on Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:58 am

ShardlowSheep wrote:the 10 I would ship out would be Baird, Bent, Blackman, Butterfield, Shackell, Russell, De Saart though not sure if he counts as he is only on loan, Camara, Weimann, one of the left backs and Mason Bennett.

Carson and Mitchell
    Vydra, Martin, Nugent
    Totally agree...as long as the left back we get rid of is Olsson....
    quite unique on this forum, absolutely the same players i would get out and the same ones i would keep!
    RRC
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15657
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by RRC on Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:04 pm

valakari wrote:
    ShardlowSheep wrote:the 10 I would ship out would be Baird, Bent, Blackman, Butterfield, Shackell, Russell, De Saart though not sure if he counts as he is only on loan, Camara, Weimann, one of the left backs and Mason Bennett.

Carson and Mitchell
    Vydra, Martin, Nugent
    quite unique on this forum, absolutely the same players i would get out and the same ones i would keep!

Only problem might be keeping too many of the highest earners, which won't help FFP.

Realistically at least 6 of these need to go -

Carson, Keogh, Hughes, Ince, Anya, Martin, Nugent, Bent, Vydra, Johnson, Bryson, Baird, Shackell

Not so easy?

Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5123
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:18 pm

RRC wrote:
    valakari wrote:

Carson and Mitchell
    Vydra, Martin, Nugent

Only problem might be keeping too many of the highest earners, which won't help FFP.

Realistically at least 6 of these need to go -

Carson, Keogh, Hughes, Ince, Anya, Martin, Nugent, Bent, Vydra, Johnson, Bryson, Baird, Shackell

Not so easy?

Would be quite happy to see five of them leave.

One out of contract, a defender who has had his transfer fee amortised already and will have willing suitors (FFP net gain), a trouble making centre half out on a free (wages FFP net loss, probably easily covered by the fee for the other centre half), a £6m midfielder probably losing us £1-£1.5m after small fee (on FFP), our top scorer wipes this out, probably a £4m FFP net gain.

Does the last £4m cover a £1m fee and Martin's new improved contract? If so, then there's your sixth, and we break even.
    Ram78

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1989
    First ever game : vs Arsenal at BBG
    Number of posts : 2287
    Registration date : 2011-01-17

Post by Ram78 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:31 am

Huddersfield have signed there top scorer on a permanent deal for £1.1mill, kachunga, again a baffling fee with Blackman, butterfield etc to what we paid

Super Rams The quest for premiership continues.............
    thatguyfromderby

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1994
    Number of posts : 4253
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by thatguyfromderby on Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:16 am

FFP won't be so bad if we can sell off someone like Hughes or Martin for a decent chunk of change.. however, with the form of Hughes and the attitude of Martin.. it seems unlikely.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:57 am