First ever game : 26th January 1946 - Rams 1-0 WBA
    Number of posts : 1086
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

Re: Chris Martin for sale?

Post by Sydney Smooth on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 2:23 pm

whestonram wrote:
    Sydney Smooth wrote:
    chicken wrote:Just scored for Scotland.

An absolute gift from the Slovenia keeper, in the same situation I could have scored and I'm heading towards 81.

Obviously the Worm Worrier had his earplugs in as he reckons he didn't hear the canny Scots booing him.

I've always maintained that he is a cheat and as far as I'm concerned the sooner he goes the better.

I agree the keeper could have done better, but its a tad unfair to suggest an 80 year old could have scored!

I'd have done my Dally Duncan shimmy and then a right foot dink over the keeper, no problem.

Wink Thumbs up
    Mitten State Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : Rams 0 - 2 Norwich, 21/04/1990 BBG
    Number of posts : 636
    Registration date : 2014-05-23

Post by Mitten State Ram on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 4:25 pm

Ram78 wrote:Makes that contract seem a farce

At what point did that contract saga not appear a farce?!

"Of all the unimportant things in life, football is by far the most important."

--attributed to Pope John Paul II; said to me many times by my old man.
    MadAmster

Number of posts : 13320
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 10:21 am

[quote="Sydney Smooth"]
    whestonram wrote:
    chicken wrote:Just scored for Scotland.

An absolute gift from the Slovenia keeper, in the same situation I could have scored and I'm heading towards 81.

Obviously the Worm Worrier had his earplugs in as he reckons he didn't hear the canny Scots booing him.

I've always maintained that he is a cheat and as far as I'm concerned the sooner he goes the better.

Then you don't know our Syd, Wheston Wink

Gary Rowett's black & white army! The only certainty is we're all barmy LOL roll
    ShardlowSheep

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1985
    First ever game : Middlesborough at Home first game of 88 - 89 season
    Number of posts : 3904
    Registration date : 2009-03-27

Post by ShardlowSheep on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 6:32 pm

I would much rather see Chrissy Martin back in a Derby shirt than join someone else and bang loads of goals in. Easily the best centre forward that we have had at the club for at least 10 years. Hopefully playing at Fulham has also taught him how to play a different way to being the pivot in a 4-5-1
    RRC
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15657
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Post by RRC on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 7:19 pm

I've always wondered why Norwich kept sending Martin out on loan.

He had one good season for them with 23 goals in League 1 in 2009-10, the season that
    they won promotion, followed by just 6 goals in the next season in the Championship and
    little success in the Prem.

After that he's had loan spells at Palace, Swindon, Derby and now Fulham and he had an earlier
    spell at Luton. That doesn't strike me like a player who is willing and able to adapt and fit in
    unless it suits him.

Obviously playing in SM's 4-3-3 was perfect for him and he thrived. Whether he can adapt fully
    to different roles and different systems remains to be seen. He isn't the quickest, so maybe he
    won't be as effective if Rowett's aim is to move the ball forward swiftly. Perhaps he'd do better
    as a number 10, rather than as the main striker.

SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4293
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Sat 01 Apr 2017, 1:15 am

RRC wrote:I've always wondered why Norwich kept sending Martin out on loan.

He had one good season for them with 23 goals in League 1 in 2009-10, the season that
    they won promotion, followed by just 6 goals in the next season in the Championship and

After that he's had loan spells at Palace, Swindon, Derby and now Fulham and he had an earlier
    spell at Luton. That doesn't strike me like a player who is willing and able to adapt and fit in
    unless it suits him.

Obviously playing in SM's 4-3-3 was perfect for him and he thrived. Whether he can adapt fully
    to different roles and different systems remains to be seen. He isn't the quickest, so maybe he
    won't be as effective if Rowett's aim is to move the ball forward swiftly. Perhaps he'd do better

I can see your point about number 10 for Martin but after tonight Vydra has shown that it is his position to be lost. Martin (If coming back into the team) should be the main striker, perhaps shared by Nugent coming off the bench, therefore, bye bye Bent.
    MadAmster

Number of posts : 13320
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Sat 01 Apr 2017, 9:59 am

SawleyRam wrote:
    RRC wrote:I've always wondered why Norwich kept sending Martin out on loan.

unless it suits him.

I can see your point about number 10 for Martin but after tonight Vydra has shown that it is his position to be lost. Martin (If coming back into the team) should be the main striker, perhaps shared by Nugent coming off the bench, therefore, bye bye Bent.

I could live with that scenario Sawls.

Gary Rowett's black & white army! The only certainty is we're all barmy LOL roll
    valakari

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1210
    Registration date : 2011-10-22

Post by valakari on Sun 02 Apr 2017, 11:43 pm

Me too....Martin, Nugent and Vydra as strikers for next season....get rid of Bent and Blackman!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 23 Jun 2017, 8:03 am