a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life

Whatever happened to..........

MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13320
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Whatever happened to..........

Post by MadAmster on Mon 03 Apr 2017, 3:54 pm

.............tolerance. Even here in the Netherlands.

In the same weekend a gang attacked an asylum seeker in the UK, two gay men were walking, hand in hand, down the street in Holland. They were attacked by a large number of people. Six attackers are already in custody. Aged? One is 20, one is 16. The other 4 are 14. More arrests are envisaged.

WTF??

Gary Rowett's black & white army! The only certainty is we're all barmy LOL roll
    prideParkhead

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    First ever game : Derby 2 v 0 Liverpool 1975
    Number of posts : 507
    Registration date : 2011-01-08

Re: Whatever happened to..........

Post by prideParkhead on Mon 03 Apr 2017, 4:11 pm

Brexit, Putin, Trump, The Daily Mail & the rise of right wing Nationalistic & Facist political organisations, including ISIS, around the World, have let the genie out the bottle for some scumbags to start behaving like Barbarians. Simple as that. A depressing state of affairs

Pray
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 22912
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Mon 03 Apr 2017, 4:43 pm

The world is a pretty fekin grim place right now.

norfolkram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : Watney Cup Final
    Number of posts : 497
    Registration date : 2014-11-19

Post by norfolkram on Mon 03 Apr 2017, 5:50 pm

prideParkhead wrote:Brexit, Putin, Trump, The Daily Mail & the rise of right wing Nationalistic & Facist political organisations, including ISIS, around the World, have let the genie out the bottle for some scumbags to start behaving like Barbarians. Simple as that. A depressing state of affairs

What about all the leftie hate filled scumbags.As for the attack in holland that was carried out by Morrocans and the Croydon attack which was called a hate crime by the leftie media has now been back tracked since it became clear the perpetrators where black.
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Tue 04 Apr 2017, 7:05 am

Was just about to post that about the Moroccans Norfolk. What I haven't yet read is where the little darlings were actually born. Based on having lived here since 1984, having taught for 10 years in schools and having followed Dutch society quite closely, my money is on them having been born in the Netherlands and that they are 3rd, maybe 4th, generation.

They have been born here, attended school here, been taught Dutch values. In all too many cases it is the values they learn at home, in the Mosque and on the streets that take precedence. By the end of Junior School, aged 12, they leave speaking accent-less Dutch. By 14 a good % of them will be speaking Dutch in a very heavy Moroccan accent. More switch accents, depending on their "audience".

They are failing to assimilate into the most lauded multi-culti country around. All is not lost but all is far from well in Utopia. In the recent elections, a new party called Denk took part and won 3 of the 150 seats. They are a predominately Moroccan/Turkish backed party. They did so "well" because of the political row that blew up the weekend prior to the election between Erdogan and the Dutch government. An aside is that they may have broken the rules. You are allowed to place a maximum of 2 proxy votes for others. There a stories, as yet unproven, that people were turning up with as many as 20 proxy papers and that backers of Denk had gone round houses picking up the proxy papers. This is also against the rules. If the stories are proven, they will not lose a single seat.

There is a lot of work to be done and that work needs to start yesterday. It didn't. it won't start today and I have no idea when it will start.

It's a shame because this has been a great place to live for the past 30 odd years and I want it to remain so for my kids and any grandkids I may be privileged to have.

Gary Rowett's black & white army! The only certainty is we're all barmy LOL roll
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Tue 04 Apr 2017, 8:35 am

Update. One of the 6 was carrying a pair of bolt cutters inside his coat. He used them to knock 5 teeth out of the mouth of one of the gay lads.

Why would you be carrying bolt cutters at 4 AM? Most Dutch would guess to cut padlocks and steal bikes...... OR to hit somebody with.

An extra dimension has now been added. One of the 6 has filed a complaint against the 2 gay lads, claiming the gays started it and threw the first punch.

bramhallram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3581
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Post by bramhallram on Tue 04 Apr 2017, 4:20 pm

MadAmster wrote:
    An extra dimension has now been added. One of the 6 has filed a complaint against the 2 gay lads, claiming the gays started it and threw the first punch.

Sounds about par for the doublespeak course. A bit like Nazi Germany's claim that the Poles started WW2 by attacking them in September 1939.

MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Tue 04 Apr 2017, 7:40 pm

Sounds far fetched. Hard to imagine two gay lads, neither of whom looks or sounds like a fighter, wading into half a dozen Moroccans.

We will have to wait and see.

KeoghKeogh

First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 444
    Registration date : 2015-12-30

Post by KeoghKeogh on Wed 05 Apr 2017, 6:11 am

MadAmster wrote:Was just about to post that about the Moroccans Norfolk. What I haven't yet read is where the little darlings were actually born. Based on having lived here since 1984, having taught for 10 years in schools and having followed Dutch society quite closely, my money is on them having been born in the Netherlands and that they are 3rd, maybe 4th, generation.

They have been born here, attended school here, been taught Dutch values. In all too many cases it is the values they learn at home, in the Mosque and on the streets that take precedence. By the end of Junior School, aged 12, they leave speaking accent-less Dutch. By 14 a good % of them will be speaking Dutch in a very heavy Moroccan accent. More switch accents, depending on their "audience".

They are failing to assimilate into the most lauded multi-culti country around. All is not lost but all is far from well in Utopia. In the recent elections, a new party called Denk took part and won 3 of the 150 seats. They are a predominately Moroccan/Turkish backed party. They did so "well" because of the political row that blew up the weekend prior to the election between Erdogan and the Dutch government. An aside is that they may have broken the rules. You are allowed to place a maximum of 2 proxy votes for others. There a stories, as yet unproven, that people were turning up with as many as 20 proxy papers and that backers of Denk had gone round houses picking up the proxy papers. This is also against the rules. If the stories are proven, they will not lose a single seat.

There is a lot of work to be done and that work needs to start yesterday. It didn't. it won't start today and I have no idea when it will start.

It's a shame because this has been a great place to live for the past 30 odd years and I want it to remain so for my kids and any grandkids I may be privileged to have.

as you said................'what happened to tolerance. Even here in the Netherlands.'

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 23 Jun 2017, 8:05 am