Ince's agent (or is it his dad) marketing technique

SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4293
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Ince's agent (or is it his dad) marketing technique

Post by SawleyRam on Mon 10 Apr 2017, 10:06 pm

I don't recognise him from this description...............

http://the4thofficial.net/2017/04/west-bromwich-albion-leave-no-stone-unturned-sign-derby-county-midfielder/
    RRC
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15657
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Re: Ince's agent (or is it his dad) marketing technique

Post by RRC on Mon 10 Apr 2017, 11:50 pm

SawleyRam wrote:I don't recognise him from this description...............

http://the4thofficial.net/2017/04/west-bromwich-albion-leave-no-stone-unturned-sign-derby-county-midfielder/

I wouldn't set much store by anything on that website. I'm sure that players' agents wouldn't waste their
    time planting stories on this type of site, when there are so many newspaper journalists eager for stories
    for the press and the bigger, more reputable websites.

That is one of many sites with new articles every day about lots of clubs saying who they should buy and sell.
    It's pretty obvious that the writers just make up stuff as "click bait". The number of visits pays for the site,
    because they get a small sum from each advertiser. It must produce some profit or they wouldn't keep on
    posting this drivel.

asotrsott

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Derby V Telford Utd 1984
    Number of posts : 359
    Registration date : 2013-07-05

Post by asotrsott on Tue 11 Apr 2017, 4:57 am

Work Rate???.... Whatever Stirring the pot
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13320
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Tue 11 Apr 2017, 7:49 am

Even if we forget the reason behind bullshit stories to generate internet views (aka advertising revenue), there is one glaring reason why this has to be taken with a gritting lorry load of salt..... with the best will in the world there is no way you could brand Ince as a "Pulis type of player".

Whether it's football,politics or whatever, these days the mantra is not find the truth and publish it, it has become think of something and publish it. It doesn't have to be true. All that matters is that you are first. There are enough eejits out there who will believe it.

Gary Rowett's black & white army! The only certainty is we're all barmy LOL roll
    Sydney Smooth

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1946
    First ever game : 26th January 1946 - Rams 1-0 WBA
    Number of posts : 1086
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

Post by Sydney Smooth on Tue 11 Apr 2017, 11:48 am

What a load of Grade 'A' crap, in my opinion Incey Wincey will never be a 100% committed team player as long as he has a hole in his backside, he may occasionally score goals but he is so predictable, 99% of the time he will shoot rather than pass to a team-mate, if confronted by an opponent he will invariably move the ball on to his left foot and endeavour to come inside the opponent and is therefore easily sussed by opponents.

He tracks back and helps out the defence when it suits him, his heading ability is virtually non-existent and his general attitude appears to me to be 'I'm Mr Wonderful pass it to me', if things are not going right for the team he is one of the first to go missing.

So, get in there Mr Pulis, fill yer boots and take the Prima Donna off our hands, I'm sure there are many players out there who could take his place in our team at a fraction of his wages.

Stockport Ram

First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5116
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Tue 11 Apr 2017, 12:07 pm

Sydney Smooth wrote:What a load of Grade 'A' crap, in my opinion Incey Wincey will never be a 100% committed team player as long as he has a hole in his backside, he may occasionally  score goals but he is so predictable, 99% of the time he will shoot rather than pass to a team-mate, if confronted by an opponent he will invariably move the ball on to his left foot and endeavour to come inside the opponent and is therefore easily sussed by opponents.

He tracks back and helps out the defence when it suits him, his heading ability is virtually non-existent and his general attitude appears to me to be 'I'm Mr Wonderful pass it to me', if things are not going right for the team he is one of the first to go missing.

So, get in there Mr Pulis, fill yer boots and take the Prima Donna off our hands, I'm sure there are many players out there who could take his place in our team at a fraction of his wages.

Once again Sir Sydney.... Respect Respect Respect Respect
    Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 10981
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram on Tue 11 Apr 2017, 2:42 pm

It's so poorly written, it reminded me of one of those e-mails you get from a nigerian prince who wants your bank details so that he can transfer you £100m
    Stockport Ram

Post by Stockport Ram on Tue 11 Apr 2017, 2:45 pm

Loughborough Ram wrote:It's so poorly written, it reminded me of one of those e-mails you get from a nigerian prince who wants your bank details so that he can transfer you £100m

...He seemed a nice enough chap, AND he promised me a receipt... Waiting
    Rams bottom

First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 33
    Registration date : 2016-10-07

Post by Rams bottom on Tue 11 Apr 2017, 2:50 pm

Stockport Ram wrote:
    Sydney Smooth wrote:What a load of Grade 'A' crap, in my opinion Incey Wincey will never be a 100% committed team player as long as he has a hole in his backside, he may occasionally  score goals but he is so predictable, 99% of the time he will shoot rather than pass to a team-mate, if confronted by an opponent he will invariably move the ball on to his left foot and endeavour to come inside the opponent and is therefore easily sussed by opponents.

Rams bottom

Number of posts : 33
    Registration date : 2016-10-07

Post by Rams bottom on Tue 11 Apr 2017, 2:58 pm

]
    Stockport Ram wrote:

[/quote] Thumbs up
    valakari

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1210
    Registration date : 2011-10-22

Post by valakari on Tue 11 Apr 2017, 3:24 pm

I bet all you Ince haters are the same Russell lovers....
    FFS...14 goals v 2
    5 assists v 1
    Blinded by appearing to run more..which actually i doubt as well.
    When running becomes your major asset, go to the olympics Bang head Bang head Bang head
    Stockport Ram

Post by Stockport Ram on Tue 11 Apr 2017, 3:38 pm

valakari wrote:I bet all you Ince haters are the same Russell lovers....
    FFS...14 goals v 2
    5 assists v 1
    Blinded by appearing to run more..which actually i doubt as well.
    When running becomes your major asset, go to the olympics Bang head Bang head Bang head

I don't hate him Val. I love DCFC and my (often misguided) opinion is that we will make no progress to the promised land with players, however talented, who have insufficient heart, desire and, more importantly, team ethic.

Even his post match comments about Carson on Saturday had an edge to them - he could easily have said "It was a very brave thing for Scotty to do in added time, to go for the clearance and not play out time,", but no, what he actually said was along the lines of "I wondered if Scotty would be brave enough to go long". My inference on his slant was that he was as demeaning as complimentary,.... he could have chosen words which were unequivocal.

He has been our best player this season, (but not most consistent, that honour goes to Baird), and I wish him well. I would lbe happy to see him in the Prem with Derby, but everything that I have ever witnessed about him says he won't be happy as "just" a part of a really good team, rather than the main attraction - and if that's the case, then you only need one disruptive influence in the dressing room to ruin things.

I really hope that Rowett can sort him out - if he can we will have a gem on our hands.

chicken
    Admin

First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14447
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by chicken on Tue 11 Apr 2017, 6:05 pm

I like Ince and think he is a quality player. The fact he is inconsistent is the reason why he's playing for Derby County in the Championship and not in the Premier League.
    CornwallRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6177

Post by CornwallRam on Tue 11 Apr 2017, 8:07 pm

This is the bit that I don't get. I fully agree that 99% of the time he moves the ball onto his left peg and comes inside. The odd thing is though, that he doesn't seem to have been sussed by opponents.

I'm nearly 50 and was never a very good player even 25 years ago. However, I reckon that I could mark Ince out of the game even now because I'd know exactly what he was going to do. Yet, highly paid, professional defenders can't seem to stop him (when he's not sulking). Either they just don't do their home work, or Ince must do something really special in the process of cutting inside.
    rjrules71

First ever game : plymouth argyle 1964-65
    Number of posts : 4219
    Registration date : 2009-05-15

Post by rjrules71 on Tue 11 Apr 2017, 8:27 pm

14 goals 5 assists 54 shots on target, besides learning that you also have to track back

I would call that a good season for any ostensibly wing player.

He still has a few petulant moments, but he has undoubtedly got the talent, and if he could reproduce this form year on year, he will no longer be a passenger with benefits, but a solid and occasionally spectacular player.

Rock on Tommy Hug

Every man dies, not every man truly lives.

Braveheart
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4293
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Tue 11 Apr 2017, 11:56 pm

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."
    valakari

Post by valakari on Wed 12 Apr 2017, 12:23 am

CornwallRam wrote:

This is the bit that I don't get. I fully agree that 99% of the time he moves the ball onto his left peg and comes inside. The odd thing is though, that he doesn't seem to have been sussed by opponents.

I'm nearly 50 and was never a very good player even 25 years ago. However, I reckon that I could mark Ince out of the game even now because I'd know exactly what he was going to do. Yet, highly paid, professional defenders can't seem to stop him (when he's not sulking). Either they just don't do their home work, or Ince must do something really special in the process of cutting inside.
    so does Messi....but you can't stop him..
    valakari

Post by valakari on Wed 12 Apr 2017, 12:24 am

...or maybe you can... celebration
    RRC
    Admin

Post by RRC on Wed 12 Apr 2017, 1:41 am

SawleyRam wrote:There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

So the goals' column in the Championship table and the lists of top scorers and assists are
    irrelevant statistics? I think we'd be in or very near the drop zone without Ince's efforts
    in front of goal. He's contributed to 19 of our 48 goals. Without them we'd have F-A of 29-41
    and a GD of -12, on a par with Burton, Blackburn and Bristol.

In contrast, Russell's 2 goals and 1 assist don't make very good reading, but I suppose he's
    too busy tracking back to have much end product as an attacker. Another damned statistic
    for you -- Ince averages almost twice as many tackles per game as Russell this season.

I think some fans only see what they want to see -- Russell good, Ince bad -- but I want to
    see quality, vision and intelligence, because that's what wins the difficult matches. I do like
    Russell but I wouldn't want Derby to rely on him for goals or for making the right decisions.

rjrules71

First ever game : plymouth argyle 1964-65
    Number of posts : 4219
    Registration date : 2009-05-15

Post by rjrules71 on Wed 12 Apr 2017, 6:19 am

SawleyRam wrote:There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

SR
    That phrase has been bent out of shape since the 1800's, these are facts, simple facts, not embellished facts.

JR's goal attempts, his primary aim, is pale in comparison.

Whilst I like Russell for his endeavour, it seems much of it comes to nought.
    That said if GR can get Ince to pass a little more to colleagues in a far better position he too will have improved his game.

Perhaps inter changing of the "wingers" during the game may help, god knows we have said it enough on here. Dunno

Every man dies, not every man truly lives.

Braveheart
    KeoghKeogh

Number of posts : 444
    Registration date : 2015-12-30

Post by KeoghKeogh on Wed 12 Apr 2017, 7:55 am

How many times have we seen...

1. Ince position himself so that he can receive the ball. In some cases he got it and scored.

2. Ince charge back, put in a decent challenge to win back the ball. Sometimes this has led to him or us scoring.

3. Ince wander around without picking up a player when the other team is pressing. Sometimes this has meant that the MF or back 4 have been overrun and they have scored.

4. Ince position himself so that he cannot receive the ball. In some cases this has meant that Christie or Baird or the MF having to stop and go backwards or sidewards. At worst it has meant that the ball has been intercepted and the other team has scored.

He is an outstanding player. But it's not acceptable that he chooses when he can and cannot be bothered to do the basics. It doesn't matter that he would be prem quality if he was consistent. The thing is that he isn't consistent and needs to put that right or be moved on.
    MadAmster

Number of posts : 13320

Post by MadAmster on Wed 12 Apr 2017, 8:09 am

RRC wrote:

So the goals' column in the Championship table and the lists of top scorers and assists are
    irrelevant statistics? I think we'd be in or very near the drop zone without Ince's efforts
    in front of goal. He's contributed to 19 of our 48 goals. Without them we'd have F-A of 29-41
    and a GD of -12, on a par with Burton, Blackburn and Bristol.

In contrast, Russell's 2 goals and 1 assist don't make very good reading, but I suppose he's
    too busy tracking back to have much end product as an attacker. Another damned statistic
    for you -- Ince averages almost twice as many tackles per game as Russell this season.

I think some fans only see what they want to see -- Russell good, Ince bad -- but I want to
    see quality, vision and intelligence, because that's what wins the difficult matches. I do like
    Russell but I wouldn't want Derby to rely on him for goals or for making the right decisions.

Russell's stats this season are poor. In the previous two seasons he was towards the top of our goals scored and assists stats.

He has admitted he hasn't been good enough this season. When did any player at any club last do that.

We need a better player, agreed, but we shouldn't get rid until we have that better player.

Gary Rowett's black & white army! The only certainty is we're all barmy LOL roll
    RRC
    Admin

Post by RRC on Wed 12 Apr 2017, 8:17 am

KeoghKeogh wrote:How many times have we seen...

1. Russell wasting good chances, blasting the ball far too high or wide.

2. Russell crosses going straight to the first defender.

3. Russell utterly failing to control a pass and giving the ball straight to an opponent.

4. Russell running into a blind alley without ever looking up to see if a pass is on.

Ince and Russell both have good points and faults - no need to write off Ince because
    you like Russell. Work rate is good but there's got to be a substantial end product --
    goals and assists in the case of attackers. As he said himself, Russell hasn't produced
    enough this season.

Stockport Ram

Post by Stockport Ram on Wed 12 Apr 2017, 8:43 am

1. Ince position himself so that he can receive the ball. In some cases he got it and scored.

2. Ince charge back, put in a decent challenge to win back the ball. Sometimes this has led to him or us scoring.

3. Ince wander around without picking up a player when the other team is pressing. Sometimes this has meant that the MF or back 4 have been overrun and they have scored.

4. Ince position himself so that he cannot receive the ball. In some cases this has meant that Christie or Baird or the MF having to stop and go backwards or sidewards. At worst it has meant that the ball has been intercepted and the other team has scored.

He is an outstanding player. But it's not acceptable that he chooses when he can and cannot be bothered to do the basics. It doesn't matter that he would be prem quality if he was consistent. The thing is that he isn't consistent and needs to put that right or be moved on.

He has done a lot more of 2. this season.

I'm also pleased that someone else has made point 4, because I was beginning to think I was imagining it.

The highlighted bit nails it for me. Very few players can afford to do that - Cruyff, Best, Pele, Maradona.

The bigger point is, they didn't. That's why they were the best.

Ince has so much talent that perhaps we ask too much of him - or perhaps we don't.`

KeoghKeogh

Number of posts : 444
    Registration date : 2015-12-30

Post by KeoghKeogh on Wed 12 Apr 2017, 9:55 am

Stockport Ram wrote:

He has done a lot more of 2. this season.

I'm also pleased that someone else has made point 4, because I was beginning to think I was imagining it.

The highlighted bit nails it for me. Very few players can afford to do that - Cruyff, Best, Pele, Maradona.

The bigger point is, they didn't.  That's why they were the best.

Ince has so much talent  that perhaps we ask too much of him - or perhaps we don't.`

yes. When he can't be bothered Ince doesn't 'show' for the ball. Worse still, he does one of two things:

He puts (and keeps) himself in a position so that one of their players is in a line between our player with the ball and himself (usually our full back, sometimes our MF). This means that our player can't get the ball to him.

He drops back into a position that goes against the momentum of our play - usually out of the eye line of our man with the ball. This means that he becomes 'invisible' to our man, or becomes irrelevant to the move forward.

When he can be bothered he shows for the ball, he 'demands it' and puts himself in a position where he is the 'out ball' for our man in possession... and we are a far better side for it.

Part of the problem is that his team mates can't rely on him to make the effort - which in part leads to Christie being isolated when he presses, Baird not pressing (so as not to become isolated), Keogh running into blind alleys even more that he would naturally do anyway, Butterfield looking sidewards and (in part led to) Martin getting little service.

All Ince needs to do is to make a consistent effort and then he would be priceless.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 23 Jun 2017, 8:03 am