COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    Derby transfer rumours Summer 2017

    Share
    avatar
    RRC
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15657
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Points : 19271

    Derby transfer rumours Summer 2017

    Post by RRC on Sat 22 Apr 2017, 8:19 am

    Please post the latest transfer rumours involving Derby in Summer 2017 in this thread.

    Here's one to start with -

    Wolves may want to sign £7m-rated Chris Martin (Sunday People)

    I'd grab the cash and run if they offer £7m



    avatar
    bramhallram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3587
    Registration date : 2010-10-05
    Points : 3809
    Age : 67
    Location : Bramhall

    Re: Derby transfer rumours Summer 2017

    Post by bramhallram on Sat 22 Apr 2017, 10:35 am

    RRC wrote:Please post the latest transfer rumours involving Derby in Summer 2017 in this thread.

    Here's one to start with -

    Wolves may want to sign £7m-rated Chris Martin (Sunday People)

    I'd grab the cash and run if they offer £7m

    Who's doing the rating ? Probably some journo from the Sunday People with column inches to fill.

    It would be interesting to know whether Martin figures in GR's plans.

    .
    avatar
    RRC
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15657
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Points : 19271

    Re: Derby transfer rumours Summer 2017

    Post by RRC on Mon 24 Apr 2017, 10:41 am

    It appears that, when DCFC loaned Weimann to Wolves, they included a buy out
    clause for just £1.5m.

    That's a loss of £1.25m to Derby, if Wolves decide to sign him, which looks very likely.

    Rowett has no control over Andreas Weimann's future



    avatar
    Stockport Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5123
    Registration date : 2010-03-22
    Points : 5656
    Age : 51
    Location : That's a toughie.......

    Re: Derby transfer rumours Summer 2017

    Post by Stockport Ram on Mon 24 Apr 2017, 10:53 am

    bramhallram wrote:
    RRC wrote:Please post the latest transfer rumours involving Derby in Summer 2017 in this thread.

    Here's one to start with -

    Wolves may want to sign £7m-rated Chris Martin (Sunday People)

    I'd grab the cash and run if they offer £7m

    Who's doing the rating ? Probably some journo from the Sunday People with column inches to fill.

    It would be interesting to know whether Martin figures in GR's plans.

    .

    Especially if he scores the winner in the Play Off final....
    avatar
    valakari

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1214
    Registration date : 2011-10-22
    Points : 1298
    Age : 50
    Location : Derby

    Re: Derby transfer rumours Summer 2017

    Post by valakari on Mon 24 Apr 2017, 11:02 am

    FFS. Chris Martin has a new contract with us.
    He scores 20 goals per season.
    He is a clever player who brings others into the game.
    He is good in the air, which would be benefical in both boxes.
    He is the right age.
    To get a top quality striker better than him, would cost a small fortune...
    No brainer...KEEP CHRIS MARTIN
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13333
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 14876
    Age : 63
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: Derby transfer rumours Summer 2017

    Post by MadAmster on Mon 24 Apr 2017, 11:13 am

    RRC wrote:It appears that, when DCFC loaned Weimann to Wolves, they included a buy out
    clause for just £1.5m.

    That's a loss of £1.25m to Derby, if Wolves decide to sign him, which looks very likely.

    Rowett has no control over Andreas Weimann's future

    Saw that on Derby County Mad. What was the loan fee? We have also saved on his wages since January. Any loss will be minimal and he didn't figure in plans at the time or the club would not have planned to cut their losses on him.

    Apparently it was in some of the Sunday papers, IMO nothing more than lazy journalism. Column inches to fill.



    Gary Rowett's black & white army! The only certainty is we're all barmy LOL roll
    avatar
    RRC
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15657
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Points : 19271

    Re: Derby transfer rumours Summer 2017

    Post by RRC on Mon 24 Apr 2017, 11:17 am

    valakari wrote:FFS. Chris Martin has a new contract with us.
    He scores 20 goals per season.
    He is a clever player who brings others into the game.
    He is good in the air, which would be benefical in both boxes.
    He is the right age.
    To get a top quality striker better than him, would cost a small fortune...
    No brainer...KEEP CHRIS MARTIN

    If Fulham get promoted, they may want to keep him, or some other EPL side
    may make a decent offer for him.

    Given how Martin acted up at Fulham this season, does anyone think his loyalty
    to Derby wouldl triumph over the chance to play in the Prem and get Prem wages?

    Can any club keep players who want to leave? The players have the whip hand,
    unless clubs are willing and able to pay them while they refuse to play.



    avatar
    valakari

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1214
    Registration date : 2011-10-22
    Points : 1298
    Age : 50
    Location : Derby

    Re: Derby transfer rumours Summer 2017

    Post by valakari on Mon 24 Apr 2017, 12:10 pm

    RRC wrote:
    valakari wrote:FFS. Chris Martin has a new contract with us.
    He scores 20 goals per season.
    He is a clever player who brings others into the game.
    He is good in the air, which would be benefical in both boxes.
    He is the right age.
    To get a top quality striker better than him, would cost a small fortune...
    No brainer...KEEP CHRIS MARTIN

    If Fulham get promoted, they may want to keep him, or some other EPL side
    may make a decent offer for him.

    Given how Martin acted up at Fulham this season, does anyone think his loyalty
    to Derby wouldl triumph over the chance to play in the Prem and get Prem wages?

    Can any club keep  players who want to leave? The players have the whip hand,
    unless clubs are willing and able to pay them while they refuse to play.
    Don't think he does want to leave...as long as Rowett wants him...which he says he does..
    avatar
    thatguyfromderby

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1994
    Number of posts : 4253
    Registration date : 2009-02-25
    Points : 4549

    Re: Derby transfer rumours Summer 2017

    Post by thatguyfromderby on Mon 24 Apr 2017, 12:57 pm

    valakari wrote:
    RRC wrote:
    valakari wrote:FFS. Chris Martin has a new contract with us.
    He scores 20 goals per season.
    He is a clever player who brings others into the game.
    He is good in the air, which would be benefical in both boxes.
    He is the right age.
    To get a top quality striker better than him, would cost a small fortune...
    No brainer...KEEP CHRIS MARTIN

    If Fulham get promoted, they may want to keep him, or some other EPL side
    may make a decent offer for him.

    Given how Martin acted up at Fulham this season, does anyone think his loyalty
    to Derby wouldl triumph over the chance to play in the Prem and get Prem wages?

    Can any club keep  players who want to leave? The players have the whip hand,
    unless clubs are willing and able to pay them while they refuse to play.
    Don't think he does want to leave...as long as Rowett wants him...which he says he does..

    But if Fulham get promoted and decide to actually exercise their right to buy Martin, he will bite their hands off to play in the top flight. It would be folly to believe otherwise.
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13333
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 14876
    Age : 63
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: Derby transfer rumours Summer 2017

    Post by MadAmster on Mon 24 Apr 2017, 4:02 pm

    thatguyfromderby wrote:
    valakari wrote:
    RRC wrote:
    valakari wrote:FFS. Chris Martin has a new contract with us.
    He scores 20 goals per season.
    He is a clever player who brings others into the game.
    He is good in the air, which would be benefical in both boxes.
    He is the right age.
    To get a top quality striker better than him, would cost a small fortune...
    No brainer...KEEP CHRIS MARTIN

    If Fulham get promoted, they may want to keep him, or some other EPL side
    may make a decent offer for him.

    Given how Martin acted up at Fulham this season, does anyone think his loyalty
    to Derby wouldl triumph over the chance to play in the Prem and get Prem wages?

    Can any club keep  players who want to leave? The players have the whip hand,
    unless clubs are willing and able to pay them while they refuse to play.
    Don't think he does want to leave...as long as Rowett wants him...which he says he does..

    But if Fulham get promoted and decide to actually exercise their right to buy Martin, he will bite their hands off to play in the top flight. It would be folly to believe otherwise.

    Is it a right? Is it a given that he will have to go there if they decide they still want him?

    For a possible return in January, the loan agreement said all 3 parties had to be in agreement. Fulham weren't and he stayed there.

    There is an option to buy, at a fixed price, in the loan agreement. However, Martin would still have to sign any contract and, if he wants to stay at Derby, Fulham can't force him to sign, can they?



    Gary Rowett's black & white army! The only certainty is we're all barmy LOL roll
    avatar
    thatguyfromderby

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1994
    Number of posts : 4253
    Registration date : 2009-02-25
    Points : 4549

    Re: Derby transfer rumours Summer 2017

    Post by thatguyfromderby on Mon 24 Apr 2017, 7:31 pm

    MadAmster wrote:
    thatguyfromderby wrote:
    valakari wrote:
    RRC wrote:
    valakari wrote:FFS. Chris Martin has a new contract with us.
    He scores 20 goals per season.
    He is a clever player who brings others into the game.
    He is good in the air, which would be benefical in both boxes.
    He is the right age.
    To get a top quality striker better than him, would cost a small fortune...
    No brainer...KEEP CHRIS MARTIN

    If Fulham get promoted, they may want to keep him, or some other EPL side
    may make a decent offer for him.

    Given how Martin acted up at Fulham this season, does anyone think his loyalty
    to Derby wouldl triumph over the chance to play in the Prem and get Prem wages?

    Can any club keep  players who want to leave? The players have the whip hand,
    unless clubs are willing and able to pay them while they refuse to play.
    Don't think he does want to leave...as long as Rowett wants him...which he says he does..

    But if Fulham get promoted and decide to actually exercise their right to buy Martin, he will bite their hands off to play in the top flight. It would be folly to believe otherwise.

    Is it a right? Is it a given that he will have to go there if they decide they still want him?

    For a possible return in January, the loan agreement said all 3 parties had to be in agreement. Fulham weren't and he stayed there.

    There is an option to buy, at a fixed price, in the loan agreement. However, Martin would still have to sign any contract and, if he wants to stay at Derby, Fulham can't force him to sign, can they?

    My understanding of these deals is that the parent club, after accepting a loan deal with a possible 'buy' clause, are obligated to accept any bid of that value (at any time during the loan deal) from the other club. We are powerless other than trying to convince the wardrobe he's better staying with us.

    Of course, Martin has to agree. But that was my point.. if he gets offered a deal to play in the PL with Fulham, he'll forget his new-found love of the club from January and take the deal.
    avatar
    valakari

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1214
    Registration date : 2011-10-22
    Points : 1298
    Age : 50
    Location : Derby

    Re: Derby transfer rumours Summer 2017

    Post by valakari on Mon 24 Apr 2017, 8:48 pm

    Don't think he would actually. He wants to play at Derby
    avatar
    Mitten State Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : Rams 0 - 2 Norwich, 21/04/1990 BBG
    Number of posts : 636
    Registration date : 2014-05-23
    Points : 665
    Location : Michigan

    Re: Derby transfer rumours Summer 2017

    Post by Mitten State Ram on Tue 25 Apr 2017, 7:41 pm

    This is my insightful contribution to the discussion about Chris Martin:

    He scores goals consistently in the division we're actually now playing in, and he likes playing for Derby.

    List other players of whom this is true.

    1. Tom Ince, maybe.
    2. ...



    "Of all the unimportant things in life, football is by far the most important."

    --attributed to Pope John Paul II; said to me many times by my old man.
    avatar
    KeoghKeogh

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 446
    Registration date : 2015-12-30
    Points : 525

    Re: Derby transfer rumours Summer 2017

    Post by KeoghKeogh on Tue 25 Apr 2017, 9:55 pm

    Mitten State Ram wrote:This is my insightful contribution to the discussion about Chris Martin:

    He scores goals consistently in the division we're actually now playing in, and he likes playing for Derby.

    List other players of whom this is true.

    1. Tom Ince, maybe.
    2. ...

    1....
    2....
    avatar
    chicken
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14455
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 15872
    Age : 48
    Location : Belper

    Re: Derby transfer rumours Summer 2017

    Post by chicken on Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:43 pm

    If Fulham get promoted, Martin will definitely want to stay with them. He'd be a fool not to. You have to play at the highest possible standard you can
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13333
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 14876
    Age : 63
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: Derby transfer rumours Summer 2017

    Post by MadAmster on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 6:30 am

    KeoghKeogh wrote:
    Mitten State Ram wrote:This is my insightful contribution to the discussion about Chris Martin:

    He scores goals consistently in the division we're actually now playing in, and he likes playing for Derby.

    List other players of whom this is true.

    1. Tom Ince, maybe.
    2. ...

    1....
    2....

    List of players who don't like playing with Martin.

    1. Ince
    2. .....



    Gary Rowett's black & white army! The only certainty is we're all barmy LOL roll
    avatar
    Stockport Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5123
    Registration date : 2010-03-22
    Points : 5656
    Age : 51
    Location : That's a toughie.......

    Re: Derby transfer rumours Summer 2017

    Post by Stockport Ram on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 6:44 am

    chicken wrote:If Fulham get promoted, Martin will definitely want to stay with them. He'd be a fool not to. You have to play at the highest possible standard you can


    Whilst I wholheartedly agree with this in pinciple Chicken, I'm not so sure that the modern Premiership is cut out for a player with Martin's chronic lack of pace. There are still very smart players at the very top level who can get away with it on ability alone, but probably not as a centre forward.

    If he doesn't stay in that scenario, then just maybe he is also smart enough to know his limitations - unlike some of the others in our squad. Wink
    avatar
    old ewe

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 586
    Registration date : 2012-05-20
    Points : 613

    Re: Derby transfer rumours Summer 2017

    Post by old ewe on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 11:27 am

    We have had a change of manager since January...........this might affect any decision he makes. He wont return as SM's favourite son !!
    avatar
    Jackal

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1982
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 542
    Registration date : 2014-09-08
    Points : 596
    Age : 35
    Location : Worksop

    Re: Derby transfer rumours Summer 2017

    Post by Jackal on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 11:35 am

    Stockport Ram wrote:
    chicken wrote:If Fulham get promoted, Martin will definitely want to stay with them. He'd be a fool not to. You have to play at the highest possible standard you can


    Whilst I wholheartedly agree with this in pinciple Chicken, I'm not so sure that the modern Premiership is cut out for a player with Martin's chronic lack of pace. There are still very smart players at the very top level who can get away with it on ability alone, but probably not as a centre forward.

    If he doesn't stay in that scenario, then just maybe he is also smart enough to know his limitations - unlike some of the others in our squad.  Wink
    Fernando Llorente? Scored goals all his career and now in the Prem, yet hasn't run more than 3 yards in his life.



    Life is really simple. It's just that we insist on making it complicated - Confucius
    avatar
    thatguyfromderby

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1994
    Number of posts : 4253
    Registration date : 2009-02-25
    Points : 4549

    Re: Derby transfer rumours Summer 2017

    Post by thatguyfromderby on Tue 02 May 2017, 1:21 pm

    The Rams are interested in Chesterfield's 20-year-old central defender Sam Hughes, along with fellow Championship clubs Sheffield Wednesday, Wolverhampton Wanderers and Barnsley, according to the Daily Mail.
    avatar
    valakari

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1214
    Registration date : 2011-10-22
    Points : 1298
    Age : 50
    Location : Derby

    Re: Derby transfer rumours Summer 2017

    Post by valakari on Tue 02 May 2017, 5:29 pm

    thatguyfromderby wrote:The Rams are interested in Chesterfield's 20-year-old central defender Sam Hughes, along with fellow Championship clubs Sheffield Wednesday, Wolverhampton Wanderers and Barnsley, according to the Daily Mail.
    why?
    Not the sort that excites me.
    Chesterfield, relegated from division 1 weren't they?
    Try Grant Hanley or someone of that ilk
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13333
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 14876
    Age : 63
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: Derby transfer rumours Summer 2017

    Post by MadAmster on Wed 03 May 2017, 10:29 am

    Just seen on the Telegraph online that we lead the chase for £4M rated Liverpool defender Andre Wisdom.

    http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-transfer-talk-rams-leading-chase-to-sign-4m-rated-liverpool-defender/story-30309099-detail/story.html



    Gary Rowett's black & white army! The only certainty is we're all barmy LOL roll
    avatar
    Jackal

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1982
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 542
    Registration date : 2014-09-08
    Points : 596
    Age : 35
    Location : Worksop

    Re: Derby transfer rumours Summer 2017

    Post by Jackal on Wed 03 May 2017, 12:42 pm

    I would be happy with Wisdom coming back in at rightback. £4 million sounds like a realistic figure in today's market.



    Life is really simple. It's just that we insist on making it complicated - Confucius
    avatar
    valakari

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1214
    Registration date : 2011-10-22
    Points : 1298
    Age : 50
    Location : Derby

    Re: Derby transfer rumours Summer 2017

    Post by valakari on Wed 03 May 2017, 1:42 pm

    About time..I've been saying that we should buy Wisdom all season
    avatar
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 10994
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 13343
    Location : Doghouse

    Re: Derby transfer rumours Summer 2017

    Post by Loughborough Ram on Wed 03 May 2017, 2:46 pm

    I like Wisdom, strong and quick, so would be happy to see him return.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Derby transfer rumours Summer 2017

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue 27 Jun 2017, 7:50 am