Derby transfer rumours Summer 2017

RRC
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15719
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Re: Derby transfer rumours Summer 2017

Post by RRC on Sun 06 Aug 2017, 1:59 am

chicken wrote:Derby County have approached Norwich City to take Yanic Wildschut on a season-long loan. #dcfc #dcfcfans #ncfc

Norwich bought Wildschut from Wigan for about £7m as recently as January 2017.

They have been open to offers for him since May 2017 - just 4 months after signing him.

He is one of their highest earners and hasn't impressed much in matches. Like some of our signings?.

Which club is more desperate,  - Derby (for a left wing) or Norwich (to cut their wage bill and get cash for new players)?

Norwich City look to offload Yanic Wildschut

Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11112
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram on Sun 06 Aug 2017, 7:30 am

I'd steer well clear personally, another Nick Blackman in my opinion, a lot of hype over a relatively small purple patch in his career
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13553
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Sun 06 Aug 2017, 8:00 am

Loughborough Ram wrote:I'd steer well clear personally, another Nick Blackman in my opinion, a lot of hype over a relatively small purple patch in his career

I never knew you were colour blind Loughie. Purple? Any of the 50 shades of grey would be nearer the mark.

I do agree with the noun you chose though as his play can best be described as "patchy".

26 years old. 7 different clubs. Available for moving on again. That suggests one of 3 possibilities to me. He is a trouble maker, he really isn't very good or both.

He isn't any bother to anyone, especially the opposition. Truth is, the lad isn't all that good at football. He is Weimann, JR, Downing, Robinson and several other speed merchants who aren't the best footballers ever, all rolled into one. Tricky on the ball, can beat his man on either side, gets into great positions but there is insufficient end product. If you are reading this DCFC, leave this one alone. During his years in the Eredivisie, I saw his exploits in some live games on the TV and every week in the Dutch version of MOTD. Looks the deal but runs out of cards.......

Oh David Nugent, Oh David Nugent, we found him in Preston, we found him in Preston, we found him in Preston at the side of the road in a Volkswagen beetle............
    Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5207
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Sun 06 Aug 2017, 9:45 am

MadAmster wrote:
    Loughborough Ram wrote:I'd steer well clear personally, another Nick Blackman in my opinion, a lot of hype over a relatively small purple patch in his career

I never knew you were colour blind Loughie. Purple? Any of the 50 shades of grey would be nearer the mark.

I do agree with the noun you chose though as his play can best be described as "patchy".

26 years old. 7 different clubs. Available for moving on again. That suggests one of 3 possibilities to me. He is a trouble maker, he really isn't very good or both.

He isn't any bother to anyone, especially the opposition. Truth is, the lad isn't all that good at football. He is Weimann, JR, Downing, Robinson and several other speed merchants who aren't the best footballers ever, all rolled into one. Tricky on the ball, can beat his man on either side, gets into great positions but there is insufficient end product. If you are reading this DCFC, leave this one alone. During his years in the Eredivisie, I saw his exploits in some live games on the TV and every week in the Dutch version of MOTD. Looks the deal but runs out of cards.......

Completely agree. If he's the answer then I'm really not sure what the question is.
    Loughborough Ram

Post by Loughborough Ram on Sun 06 Aug 2017, 10:33 am

I would lose a little faith in Rowett if this is true because it would suggest to me that he is only looking a size, pace and power when recruiting players, which may work on some level but if our aims are higher, then a sprinkling of class is essential.

My own personal thought is that we are looking in the wrong place. In my opinion if he isn't going to utilise Bryson then our most glaring defficiency is a box to box midfielder, somebody to close the gap between our deep lying midfield and Chris Martin, who once again is looking isolated and consequenty imobile.
    Stockport Ram

Post by Stockport Ram on Sun 06 Aug 2017, 10:37 am

Loughborough Ram wrote:I would lose a little faith in Rowett if this is true because it would suggest to me that he is only looking a size, pace and power when recruiting players, which may work on some level but if our aims are higher, then a sprinkling of class is essential.

My own personal thought is that we are looking in the wrong place. In my opinion if he isn't going to utilise Bryson then our most glaring defficiency is a box to box midfielder, somebody to close the gap between our deep lying midfield and Chris Martin, who once again is looking isolated and consequenty imobile.

I couldn't have put it better myself.
    valakari

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1329
    Registration date : 2011-10-22

Post by valakari on Sun 06 Aug 2017, 11:22 am

well for a start he should use Bryson ahead of the shite Butterfield.
    Wildschutt..definitely not...certainly not the quality replacement Rowett promised when selling Ince!
    bramhallram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3634
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Post by bramhallram on Sun 06 Aug 2017, 11:51 am

valakari wrote:well for a start he should use Bryson ahead of the shite Butterfield.
    Wildschutt..definitely not...certainly not the quality replacement Rowett promised when selling Ince!

I agree. We don't need expensive failures from other clubs. If GR has been told not to  spend too much on transfers, despite generating lots of cash from summer transfers,  I'd prefer to see one of our youngsters given a game instead of us signing more dross.

But if we want to be challenging for promotion we should be ready to spend serious money on a couple of quality players before the end of the month.

Geordie Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1977
    First ever game : 1981 or 2? Rams v Oldham?
    Number of posts : 354
    Registration date : 2010-10-01

Post by Geordie Ram on Sun 06 Aug 2017, 12:31 pm

Absolutely no. Rowett? You listening? NO.
    Jackal

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1982
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 587
    Registration date : 2014-09-08

Post by Jackal on Sun 06 Aug 2017, 1:21 pm

Of all the wingers in all the world is Wildschutt the best target Derby can now come up with? Seems like we're scraping the bottom of the barrel rather quickly.

Life is really simple. It's just that we insist on making it complicated - Confucius
    whestonram

Number of posts : 247
    Registration date : 2010-10-09

Post by whestonram on Sun 06 Aug 2017, 2:28 pm

Jackal wrote:Of all the wingers in all the world is Wildschutt the best target Derby can now come up with? Seems like we're scraping the bottom of the barrel rather quickly.

You're assuming it's true. Why? Surely the rational thing to think is that there's scarce evidence for it and it seems unlikely, so it probably not true. I choose to think that, anyway!
    Jackal

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1982
    Number of posts : 587
    Registration date : 2014-09-08

Post by Jackal on Sun 06 Aug 2017, 2:46 pm

whestonram wrote:
    Jackal wrote:Of all the wingers in all the world is Wildschutt the best target Derby can now come up with? Seems like we're scraping the bottom of the barrel rather quickly.

You're assuming it's true.  Why? Surely the rational thing to think is that there's scarce evidence for it and it seems unlikely, so it probably not true.  I choose to think that, anyway!

Well we do seem to be in the market for a winger, Wildschutt was linked with us prior to him joining Norwich, he's not pulled up any trees since his move there so may well be available. It may just be journalists putting the aforementioned facts together to fabricate a story, but I prefer to take things at face value unless they seem completely preposterous or are proven to be untrue.

Life is really simple. It's just that we insist on making it complicated - Confucius
    thatguyfromderby

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1994
    Number of posts : 4300
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by thatguyfromderby on Sun 06 Aug 2017, 2:49 pm

I have seen about 4 different wingers linked this weekend.. I guess it's good to put a lot of names out to throw other teams off the scent or put us in a stronger negotiating position.
    chicken
    Admin

First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14507
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by chicken on Sun 06 Aug 2017, 2:49 pm

Ryan Kent
    Stockport Ram

Post by Stockport Ram on Sun 06 Aug 2017, 7:05 pm

chicken wrote:Ryan Kent

Would definitely take him on loan.
    chicken
    Admin

Post by chicken on Sun 06 Aug 2017, 9:40 pm

Ademola Lookman is wanted by Derby County on loan. (Source - Mail on Sunday)
    Loughborough Ram

Post by Loughborough Ram on Sun 06 Aug 2017, 9:57 pm

Yes please, but unfortunately I can't imagine he'll be going anywhere other than into Evertons first team squad this season
    rob

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2005
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Post by rob on Mon 07 Aug 2017, 11:34 am

why cant we actually look lower down the leagues - we seem to be trying to buy exclusively from the championship (who would sell top quality to a rival for promotion unless we pay over the odds like..... (most of players signed in the last few seasons) - or unproven premiershite reserves.

There must be decent players in divisions 3 and 4 (or whatever shite rebranding they have done) that could step up for significantly smaller wages and transfer fees

Cant name any personally but isn't that what we have scouts for
    KeoghKeogh

Number of posts : 492
    Registration date : 2015-12-30

Post by KeoghKeogh on Mon 07 Aug 2017, 12:41 pm

Clotet from Girona looked quality out wide when they played Forest. As Girona are about to become the Catalan version of Man City under 21s, he should be available.
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Mon 07 Aug 2017, 1:01 pm

rob wrote:why cant we actually look lower down the leagues - we seem to be trying to buy exclusively from the championship (who would sell top quality to a rival for promotion unless we pay over the odds like..... (most of players signed in the last few seasons) - or unproven premiershite reserves.

There must be decent players in divisions 3 and 4 (or whatever shite rebranding they have done) that could step up for significantly smaller wages and transfer fees

Cant name any personally but isn't that what we have scouts for

We may well be rob but the papers don't print that kind of crap LOL roll

Oh David Nugent, Oh David Nugent, we found him in Preston, we found him in Preston, we found him in Preston at the side of the road in a Volkswagen beetle............
    rob

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2005
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Post by rob on Tue 08 Aug 2017, 7:59 am

mind you we have that super winger from St Mirren - he seems to have disappeared down the side of a treatment table....
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Tue 08 Aug 2017, 10:30 am

rob wrote:mind you we have that super winger from St Mirren - he seems to have disappeared down the side of a treatment table....

Yes, McWinger. Hadn't forgotten him but not put him forward as an option yet as I haven't seen him play and he has been placed in the U21s by GR so he doesn't appear to be a) properly fit yet b) not yet good enough or c) both.

chicken
    Admin

Post by chicken on Tue 08 Aug 2017, 11:22 am

Sam Field??
    thatguyfromderby

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1994
    Number of posts : 4300
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by thatguyfromderby on Tue 08 Aug 2017, 3:02 pm

Che Adams is the newest name to be linked.
    chicken
    Admin

Post by chicken on Tue 08 Aug 2017, 3:38 pm

Derby County have submitted a bid for Birmingham forward Che Adams. #dcfc #dcfcfans #bcfc

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 21 Aug 2017, 11:03 am