a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life

Joshua v Klitschko

Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 10992
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Joshua v Klitschko

Post by Loughborough Ram on Thu 27 Apr 2017, 3:16 pm

Coming up on Saturday night what a great fight this looks to be. Both well spoken, likeable people and it's lovely to see the respectful nature they have towards each other. Klitschko is coming to the end of his career, Joshua relatively just starting out but both quality boxers who know how to win. Both incredibly fit with incredible physiques, so who will win?

I have no idea! It is so hard to predict, Klitschko's experience against Joshua's enthusiasm.

My best bet is that if it finishes in the first five rounds Joshua will win, but if not I think that Klitschko might just have too much knowledge for him.

Even if you have only a passing interest in boxing like me, then I think this will be worth doing whatever it takes to get to see it, I'd be surprised if you regret doing so.
    Ram78

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1989
    First ever game : vs Arsenal at BBG
    Number of posts : 2287
    Registration date : 2011-01-17

Re: Joshua v Klitschko

Post by Ram78 on Thu 27 Apr 2017, 7:34 pm

I reckon AJ will win it in around the 4th round, he's younger and quicker and will force klitschko to open up from his defensive stance

Super Rams The quest for premiership continues.............
    Loughborough Ram

Post by Loughborough Ram on Sat 29 Apr 2017, 10:55 pm

What a fight, both men were unbelievable, but for Joshua to pull out such an amazing 11th round when he looked out on his feet in round five, F*CKIN BRILLIANT
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 22919
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 5:58 am

Loughborough Ram wrote:What a fight, both men were unbelievable, but for Joshua to pull out such an amazing 11th round when he looked out on his feet in round five, F*CKIN BRILLIANT

Squeaky bum time for a while there...Joshua a little over excited and slightly naive when he had him down the first time nearly cost himself the fight from a winning position.
    But in the end that only added to the big buckets of drama.
    Great fight..not sure I have ever seen two heavy weights in such good physical condition before.
    No big fat lads in that ring.

MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13326
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 8:15 am

Brilliant to see two SPORTSMEN plying their trade.Many a "professional" footballer could learn a lot from them.

As for the fight itself, watched it on RTL7 and thoroughly enjoyed it. My wife isn't a boxing fan but she enjoyed it as well.

After 4 rounds I had Klitschko 2 1/2 to 1 1/2 ahead. Round 5 saw AJ storm the opening 2 minutes and he had victory in his grasp. He seemed to run out of steam. The last minute saw him rocking on his feet but he held out to just edge the round. Round 6 was all Klitschko and I was surprised AJ made the end of the round. Round 7 even. 8, 9 and 10 were all tight with possibly 2 to AJ and one even. Round 11 saw AJ do to Klitschko what he has done to all his previous opponents. KO.

I thought the referee should have stopped it after the second knockdown in that round but he got it right 30 seconds later when he forced his way between the two fighters to save Klitschko further punishment.

The experts said AJ would force the opening rounds, the longer the fight went (he had never been further than round 7) Klitschko would have the upper hand. It went the other way.

Gary Rowett's black & white army! The only certainty is we're all barmy LOL roll
    Loughborough Ram

Post by Loughborough Ram on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 9:02 am

You mention the referee amster, I thought he was more than kind to Klitschko on the first two knockdowns in round 11, taking an age to restart the fight. In fact had Klitschko survived that round and gone on to win I think that this would have been a major talking point.

I would also say that the right upper cut from Joshua that caused the knockdown in the 11th is among the best punches I've ever seen.
    MadAmster

Number of posts : 13326
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 10:00 am

I hadn't spotted that Loughie.......

Gary Rowett's black & white army! The only certainty is we're all barmy LOL roll
    Angus1

First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 54
    Registration date : 2017-02-15

Post by Angus1 on Tue 02 May 2017, 8:27 am

AJ if he stays humble has the potential to become Britain's greatest ever Sportsman. The temptations to lose his way will be great, hopefully he will stay dedicated and live the life of a fighter, potentially if Tyson Fury can get himself right physically and mentally a great contest awaits. There is no tougher sport and credit to those two on Saturday night, a truly great fight that would be hard to beat in sporting competition.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 26 Jun 2017, 11:40 am