rob

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 1898
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Re: Don't Rush

Post by rob on Wed 03 May 2017, 1:01 pm

cant we add a word to the title..... back

always thought his relationship with the agents was a bit too cosy - and wassails son needs to go as well
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13322
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Wed 03 May 2017, 2:31 pm

rob wrote: wassails son needs to go as well

I would agree......................IF, and only, IF

1. He is crap at being a coach AND
    2. He took his WMG role on without asking for, and getting, permission from DCFC

If he is a good coach AND he had permission then I see no reason to get rid.

Gary Rowett's black & white army! The only certainty is we're all barmy LOL roll
    Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 10981
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram on Wed 03 May 2017, 2:38 pm

Whilst I'm not here to defend Sam Rush as I'm sure that the truth will out soon enough, I do hope we're not hanging him by hindsight.

The important thing to me is where the driving force was in most of these deals. On the face of it it certainly looks unhealthy when we are so keen on using a particular agency but there are a few other things that should be taken into consideration before levelling it all at Rush's door.

If for instance, when injuries to Will and Bryson decimated our midfield during the first week of the last season, did Rush step forward with a cunning plan, or did Mel and the manager ask him who he could come up with at such short notice because under those circumstances Huddersfield and Norwich's players of the season both seemed like solid deals at the time.

Was it Rush's suggestion or did McLaren want Bent and use Rush's connections to make sure that the deal was done?

I think that the key to all of this is whether the dog was wagging the tail or the other way round. And for those happy to see the back of him, any ideas on who should replace him? My guess is that whoever it is, will have connections or a favourite agent when it comes to bringing in players, that's the way things work. I wonder how many of the West Ham and Newcastle supporters thought that their French connections were brilliant until a week or so ago?
    chicken
    Admin

First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14448
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by chicken on Wed 03 May 2017, 6:27 pm

Personal reasons my arse!! 

Gross misconduct and breach of fiduciary duty. He's been sacked.
    Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5116
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Wed 03 May 2017, 6:41 pm

Loughborough Ram wrote:Whilst I'm not here to defend Sam Rush as I'm sure that the truth will out soon enough, I do hope we're not hanging him by hindsight.

The important thing to me is where the driving force was in most of these deals. On the face of it it certainly looks unhealthy when we are so keen on using a particular agency but there are a few other things that should be taken into consideration before levelling it all at Rush's door.

If for instance, when injuries to Will and Bryson decimated our midfield during the first week of the last season, did Rush step forward with a cunning plan, or did Mel and the manager ask him who he could come up with at such short notice because under those circumstances Huddersfield and Norwich's players of the season both seemed like solid deals at the time.

Was it Rush's suggestion or did McLaren want Bent and use Rush's connections to make sure that the deal was done?

I think that the key to all of this is whether the dog was wagging the tail or the other way round. And for those happy to see the back of him, any ideas on who should replace him? My guess is that whoever it is, will have connections or a favourite agent when it comes to bringing in players, that's the way things work. I wonder how many of the West Ham and Newcastle supporters thought that their French connections were brilliant until a week or so ago?

Another good post LR.

Re. the highlighted bit though - I'm certainly not hanging him by hindsight - I wanted him gone as soon as the smarmy git sacked Nigel Clough !

Regardless of anyone's views on that decision, I could smell something then, and the odour hasn't gone away since.
    chicken
    Admin

Post by chicken on Wed 03 May 2017, 7:08 pm

He's been sacked. He's hung himself by the looks of it. 

http://mobile.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/club-statement-3704174.aspx

Told you.
    purpleram

Number of posts : 2983
    Registration date : 2009-04-14

Post by purpleram on Wed 03 May 2017, 7:13 pm

He's obviously had Derby's pants down, he's a crook, nothing less. Lets hope Mel chases him through the courts.
    CornwallRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6177
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by CornwallRam on Wed 03 May 2017, 7:36 pm

Breaking News

Nigel Clough taken to hospital with breathing difficulties. Apparently he's been unable to stop laughing for long enough to draw in a breath.
    rjrules71

First ever game : plymouth argyle 1964-65
    Number of posts : 4219
    Registration date : 2009-05-15

Post by rjrules71 on Wed 03 May 2017, 7:41 pm

fookin half a mill p.a. wages and fiddling

its like the gaffer caught nicking the bog rolls, what gives with these people Dunno

deserves every punishment he gets. leecamp

Every man dies, not every man truly lives.

Braveheart
    whestonram

First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 226
    Registration date : 2010-10-09

Post by whestonram on Wed 03 May 2017, 7:57 pm

Perhaps its just me, but I don't trust the official version of events any more than I did when Pearson was sacked. It seems to me Mel decides he wants rid, and tries to get away with gross misconduct so he doesn't have to pay out. I'm not sad Rush has gone, but I'm not going to brand him a crook until we know more about this. If he is, presumably he'll go to court. If he isn't, or if nothing's provable, we'll hear no more about (which is my bet)
    chicken
    Admin

Post by chicken on Wed 03 May 2017, 8:52 pm

whestonram wrote:Perhaps its just me, but I don't trust the official version of events any more than I did when Pearson was sacked.  It seems to me Mel decides he wants rid, and tries to get away with gross misconduct so he doesn't have to pay out.  I'm not sad Rush has gone, but I'm not going to brand him a crook until we know more about this. If he is, presumably he'll go to court.  If he isn't, or if nothing's provable, we'll hear no more about (which is my bet)

I didn't think it would take long before someone blames Mel Morris. Rolling Eyes
    Mitten State Ram

First ever game : Rams 0 - 2 Norwich, 21/04/1990 BBG
    Number of posts : 636
    Registration date : 2014-05-23

Post by Mitten State Ram on Wed 03 May 2017, 9:07 pm

whestonram wrote:Perhaps its just me, but I don't trust the official version of events any more than I did when Pearson was sacked.  It seems to me Mel decides he wants rid, and tries to get away with gross misconduct so he doesn't have to pay out.  I'm not sad Rush has gone, but I'm not going to brand him a crook until we know more about this. If he is, presumably he'll go to court.  If he isn't, or if nothing's provable, we'll hear no more about (which is my bet)

Hard to think of any other reason why he's signed every player we've bought in the last two years. Except utter incompetence.

"Of all the unimportant things in life, football is by far the most important."

--attributed to Pope John Paul II; said to me many times by my old man.
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4295
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Wed 03 May 2017, 10:34 pm

chicken wrote:Personal reasons my arse!! 

At least one other member of this forum knew in early March that Rush was whispered to be on the move, therefore it indicated that it was a planned move by Rush but I must admit that this accusation was totally surprising and unexpected.

But one word of warning for all, these allegations are alleged before being proved guilty so please be careful in what is said.
    chicken
    Admin

Post by chicken on Wed 03 May 2017, 11:38 pm

SawleyRam wrote:

At least one other member of this forum knew in early March that Rush was whispered to be on the move, therefore it indicated that it was a planned move by Rush but I must admit that this accusation was totally surprising and unexpected.

But one word of warning for all, these allegations are alleged before being proved guilty so please be careful in what is said.
    Nobody has said anything other than what has been said in the club statement.
    KeoghKeogh

Number of posts : 444
    Registration date : 2015-12-30

Post by KeoghKeogh on Thu 04 May 2017, 5:41 am

internet says

'A Director of a limited Company must act in the best interests of the Company, free of any conflicts of interest. So, the Director cannot use Company property for their own personal use as the Company is in law a totally separate entity.

A breach of fiduciary duty does not have to be fraud as such. A breach of fiduciary duty is a civil action in which the Claimant claims damages for lost profits arising out of a breach of duty by a Director or person in a fiduciary relationship.

Damages may also be recovered in negligence if it is held that a Director has failed in their duties towards the Company. A Director can be guilty of carelessness or recklessness and, where this is proven to be the case, the Director may well to be found to be responsible for any resulting loss to the Company's shareholders.'
    Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5116
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Thu 04 May 2017, 7:03 am

I hope this is okay Mr Sawley Ram, Sir, but if you think its over the top, please remove. I don't wish to cause offence.

With sincere apologies to Karen and Richard Carpenter:

"I'll say goodbye to Rush
    No one ever cared if he would stay, or go,
    Time and time again I smelt a rat but you said "no"
    And all I know of Rush is how I'll live without him
    I just can't seem to like him....
    All the years of useless transfer dealings they have gone,
    Mel has finally seen just where the sun does not shine from,
    From this day Rush is forgotten
    We'll go on much better now....."
    (instrumental break)...

Its a good thing that the day job still pays, innit??
    Angus1

Number of posts : 54
    Registration date : 2017-02-15

Post by Angus1 on Thu 04 May 2017, 8:32 am

SawleyRam wrote:

I don't see it as a surprise at all, Charlie Sale has been all over this for months, we should all rejoice he has gone, hopefully with minimum cost. I was told pretty early on the guy was useless and out of his depth and that became more and more obvious, Morris made his biggest error not shifting Rush 2 years ago, we would be in a lot better place if he had.
    Loughborough Ram

Number of posts : 10981
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram on Thu 04 May 2017, 8:38 am

Who should replace him Angus?
    valakari

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1210
    Registration date : 2011-10-22

Post by valakari on Thu 04 May 2017, 9:35 am

Me
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4295
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Thu 04 May 2017, 10:23 am

chicken wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:

I can't recall reading in any report the word 'arse'
    whestonram

Number of posts : 226
    Registration date : 2010-10-09

Post by whestonram on Thu 04 May 2017, 10:58 am

chicken wrote:

I didn't think it would take long before someone blames Mel Morris. Rolling Eyes

Don't roll eyes at me. You don't see a pattern with all his sackings, then? I wasn't intending to blame Mel Morris - I don't care enough about Rush to think in terms of blame for this - I was expressing caution about accepting the version of events that brands Rush a crook. I'm not defending him - again, I don't care about him and he may have done wrong - just saying there's a pattern and I think there's more to it than the official version. I don't see why you'd react as you did to that
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 22913
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Thu 04 May 2017, 11:14 am

Just Derby County doing what Derby County do best which is drama and controversy.

chicken
    Admin

Post by chicken on Thu 04 May 2017, 12:06 pm

SawleyRam wrote:
    chicken wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:

I can't recall reading in any report the word 'arse'

That was a reply to whoever had written it was personal reasons only, as you well know..
    chicken
    Admin

Post by chicken on Thu 04 May 2017, 12:09 pm

whestonram wrote:
    chicken wrote:

Don't roll eyes at me.  You don't see a pattern with all his sackings, then?  I wasn't intending to blame Mel Morris - I don't care enough about Rush to think in terms of blame for this - I was expressing caution about accepting the version of events that brands Rush a crook.  I'm not defending him - again, I don't care about him and he may have done wrong - just saying there's a pattern and I think there's more to it than the official version.  I don't see why you'd react as you did to that

Why not? You're saying you don't trust what Morris has said. I find that odd. You say you're not going to label Rush, yet you don't mind doing that with Morris, saying he sacks people for gross misconduct so he doesn't have to pay out. Seems a bit contradictory to me. That is why I reacted like that and I will use any emoji I want to.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 24 Jun 2017, 2:49 am