Number of posts : 4298
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Re: Don't Rush

Post by SawleyRam on Thu May 04, 2017 12:36 pm

chicken wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:
    chicken wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:
    chicken wrote:Personal reasons my arse!! 

Gross misconduct and breach of fiduciary duty. He's been sacked.

At least one other member of this forum knew in early March that Rush was whispered to be on the move, therefore it indicated that it was a planned move by Rush but I must admit that this accusation was totally surprising and unexpected.

But one word of warning for all, these allegations are alleged before being proved guilty so please be careful in what is said.
    Nobody has said anything other than what has been said in the club statement.
    I can't recall reading in any report the word 'arse'

That was a reply to whoever had written it was personal reasons only, as you well know..
    That was me Chicken......
    whestonram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 226
    Registration date : 2010-10-09

Post by whestonram on Thu May 04, 2017 1:51 pm

chicken wrote:
    whestonram wrote:
    chicken wrote:
    whestonram wrote:Perhaps its just me, but I don't trust the official version of events any more than I did when Pearson was sacked.  It seems to me Mel decides he wants rid, and tries to get away with gross misconduct so he doesn't have to pay out.  I'm not sad Rush has gone, but I'm not going to brand him a crook until we know more about this. If he is, presumably he'll go to court.  If he isn't, or if nothing's provable, we'll hear no more about (which is my bet)

I didn't think it would take long before someone blames Mel Morris. Rolling Eyes

Don't roll eyes at me.  You don't see a pattern with all his sackings, then?  I wasn't intending to blame Mel Morris - I don't care enough about Rush to think in terms of blame for this - I was expressing caution about accepting the version of events that brands Rush a crook.  I'm not defending him - again, I don't care about him and he may have done wrong - just saying there's a pattern and I think there's more to it than the official version.  I don't see why you'd react as you did to that

Why not? You're saying you don't trust what Morris has said.  I find that odd.  You say you're not going to label Rush, yet you don't mind doing that with Morris, saying he sacks people for gross misconduct so he doesn't have to pay out.  Seems a bit contradictory to me.  That is why I reacted like that and I will use any emoji I want to.  

OK. I'd have expected a bit more respect for another poster's views, that happen to differ from yours. I'll know not to expect that from you in future.
    RRC
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15657
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Post by RRC on Thu May 04, 2017 3:25 pm

This just looks like the latest in a long series of costly mistakes and bad judgement
    stretching back to the Three Amigos, Maxwell, the sacking of Brian Clough and on
    and on. I don't follow other clubs closely enough to know whether Derby is worse or
    about the same as usual for the way football clubs are managed. If other businesses
    carried on in the same way as football clubs, they'd be heading for bankruptcy too.

The club and the local papers are understandably reporting one side of the story.
    It would be naive to expect impartial accounts from them, so I take them with a
    pinch of salt and I don't expect we'll ever hear the whole story.

Mr Morris has accused Mr Rush of "gross misconduct and breach of fiduciary duty."
    He may be able to prove that in a court of law, or he may not. It's his money, so he
    can go to court if he wishes - or settle out of court, which would probably be less
    expensive. I'd guess that few of us understand exactly what those terms mean in law
    or how easy it is to prove the case - being in the right isn't a guarantee of winning.

Meanwhile we're coming up to the summer transfer window relying on Mr Rowett's
    contacts and negotiating skills. He sounds confident about this, so let's hope his
    confidence is not misplaced. I wish him the very best of luck.

chicken
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14456
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by chicken on Thu May 04, 2017 3:51 pm

whestonram wrote:
    chicken wrote:
    whestonram wrote:
    chicken wrote:
    whestonram wrote:Perhaps its just me, but I don't trust the official version of events any more than I did when Pearson was sacked.  It seems to me Mel decides he wants rid, and tries to get away with gross misconduct so he doesn't have to pay out.  I'm not sad Rush has gone, but I'm not going to brand him a crook until we know more about this. If he is, presumably he'll go to court.  If he isn't, or if nothing's provable, we'll hear no more about (which is my bet)

I didn't think it would take long before someone blames Mel Morris. Rolling Eyes

Don't roll eyes at me.  You don't see a pattern with all his sackings, then?  I wasn't intending to blame Mel Morris - I don't care enough about Rush to think in terms of blame for this - I was expressing caution about accepting the version of events that brands Rush a crook.  I'm not defending him - again, I don't care about him and he may have done wrong - just saying there's a pattern and I think there's more to it than the official version.  I don't see why you'd react as you did to that

Why not? You're saying you don't trust what Morris has said.  I find that odd.  You say you're not going to label Rush, yet you don't mind doing that with Morris, saying he sacks people for gross misconduct so he doesn't have to pay out.  Seems a bit contradictory to me.  That is why I reacted like that and I will use any emoji I want to.  

OK. I'd have expected a bit more respect for another poster's views, that happen to differ from yours.  I'll know not to expect that from you in future.
    Calm yourself down a bit. Just because I disagreed with you. Seems you're the one can't respect other people's' opinions.
    purpleram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 2983
    Registration date : 2009-04-14

Post by purpleram on Thu May 04, 2017 4:56 pm

Whether Rush is a crook or not, he is incompetent, if any of us had invested anything like that sort of money at work for such a poor result we would be out on our ears.

Yes this is hindsight but all the evidence is/was there, my personal blind loyalty to the club blinkered my eyes.
    whestonram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 226
    Registration date : 2010-10-09

Post by whestonram on Thu May 04, 2017 5:39 pm

chicken wrote:
    whestonram wrote:
    chicken wrote:
    whestonram wrote:
    chicken wrote:

OK. I'd have expected a bit more respect for another poster's views, that happen to differ from yours.  I'll know not to expect that from you in future.
    Calm yourself down a bit. Just because I disagreed with you. Seems you're the one can't respect other people's' opinions.
    I object to the rolling eyes, which disrespected what I said, not your opinion, in so far as you offered one. As far as I can see, I've not been disrespectful to you.
    Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5123
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Thu May 04, 2017 6:17 pm

RRC wrote:This just looks like the latest in a long series of costly mistakes and bad judgement
    stretching back to the Three Amigos, Maxwell, the sacking of Brian Clough and on
    and on. I don't follow other clubs closely enough to know whether Derby is worse or
    about the same as usual for the way football clubs are managed. If other businesses
    carried on in the same way as football clubs, they'd be heading for bankruptcy too.

The club and the local papers are understandably reporting one side of the story.
    It would be naive to expect impartial accounts from them, so I take them with a
    pinch of salt and I don't expect we'll ever hear the whole story.

Mr Morris has accused Mr Rush of "gross misconduct and breach of fiduciary duty."
    He may be able to prove that in a court of law, or he may not. It's his money, so he
    can go to court if he wishes - or settle out of court, which would probably be less
    expensive. I'd guess that few of us understand exactly what those terms mean in law
    or how easy it is to prove the case - being in the right isn't a guarantee of winning.

Meanwhile we're coming up to the summer transfer window relying on Mr Rowett's
    contacts and negotiating skills.
    He sounds confident about this, so let's hope his
    confidence is not misplaced. I wish him the very best of luck.

He'd have to work very hard to be worse though, eh RRC ?  I don't see anyone else in the DCFC hierarchy able to do this at present, which again alludes to your correct "mismanagement" suggestion - no succession planning - and also by implication that Rush did pretty much all the transfer contract negotiation dealings.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:04 pm