Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3588
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Re: Mel Morris Interview

Post by bramhallram on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 8:53 pm

chicken wrote:Mel Morris

I think our club is in good hands.

I do too. In fact I have no doubt that MM's heart is in the right place. He is clearly passionate about DCFC and seems to be impressed with GR's direct approach and attention to detail. But, as he said in his interview, he was initially impressed with the last three managers.

Every Rams fan wants GR to be a big success at Derby. We have to hope he has formed a pretty clear idea about where our weaknesses lie, and is working on bringing in suitable replacements. He'll be expected to cut down the size of the playing staff, so one of his challenges will be to unload unwanted players on long contracts.

Good luck, GR. It's going to be an interesting summer.

SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4300
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 11:07 pm

ASAP would be our hope but most telling quote from that interview: "That cannot be implemented straight away, but over the course of two, three or four windows, we want to be in line with that."

Certainly not as quickly as we would like and for certain not as smooth as it sounds so, buckle up your belts and have patience is the message.

I would like to think we have the right man in the managerial chair, so fingers crossed the PR can be realised 'the Derby way'.
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13349
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Mon 01 May 2017, 8:17 am

Evolution rather than revolution although quite lot of players will think it's revolution when we see 12 to 15 of the current squad leave over the summer be it released (contract paid off), sold or loaned out.

5 or 6 incoming and then move forward.

Gary Rowett's black & white army! The only certainty is we're all barmy LOL roll
    rjrules71

First ever game : plymouth argyle 1964-65
    Number of posts : 4221
    Registration date : 2009-05-15

Post by rjrules71 on Mon 01 May 2017, 8:29 pm

MM is learning and that will inevitably mean some glaring errors, however he comes across as a man of integrity and I feel that we are fortunate to have his backing.

The building blocks are coming into place slowly, and with the appointment of a younger upcoming manager, I am closing this season with yet another sigh, but tempered with renewed hope for the next one.
    I don't expect there will be that much transfer action, but I would like to see us take one giant step forward ASAP and that is to find the next Mackay/Stimac to start the true foundation of a PL team.
    Money for once should be a secondary to this issue if we need to go overboard so be it, but once identified targets must brought in, not wholesale but with some quality for once.

I firmly believe there are already players at the club who should have lifted us into the play off positions at least, the thing that is lacking is the guile to pull it together on a match day.

Leadership and strength of character are the missing ingredients, and we need to find the player who can deliver that for us on the pitch, so he can infect the squad with it.
    It will need to be a player of some stature, so even senior players will defer, and young players can learn from and lean on.

I have no idea who that may be, but I am sure MM and GR must have realised by now what is required, and I as the humble supporter will keep the faith, in the hope that it can be delivered soon.
    Super Rams

Every man dies, not every man truly lives.

Braveheart
    Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5125
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Mon 01 May 2017, 9:08 pm

I love your integrity and optimism rj, and agree with the vast majority of what you say in spades.

I believe, however, that some key players need to move on to allow team spirit with the "edge" and nous required to flourish and succeed.

I pray that GR is of like mind, and that he really does have free reign in this respect.

swadieram

Number of posts : 1212
    Registration date : 2009-04-22

Post by swadieram on Mon 08 May 2017, 7:16 am

And yet another interview

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/mel-morris-interview-3709192.aspx
    bramhallram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3588
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Post by bramhallram on Mon 08 May 2017, 11:48 am

swadieram wrote:And yet another interview

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/mel-morris-interview-3709192.aspx

That was a disturbing interview. Reminds me of the old days when off the field activities overshadowed the dross on the pitch.

Buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

rob

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 1901
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Post by rob on Mon 08 May 2017, 11:54 am

wonder what will come out in the court case in the 20/21 season and how it will effect our just outside the playoffs performances....
    rob

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 1901
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Post by rob on Mon 08 May 2017, 11:57 am

Sam Rush has responded with a statement of his own and said the matter is with his lawyers. What do you think the next step will be?

I think it’s inevitable, obviously, in the situation like this Sam has every right to defend his position. I anticipate this will end up in the courts and we’re relishing that opportunity.

He must have some pretty compelling evidence of wrong doing to be that confident!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 29 Jun 2017, 11:49 am