chicken
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14507
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Re: Strangely repetetive.

Post by chicken on Sat 20 May 2017, 9:46 am

It's not a witch hunt from me either. It seems to me you wear rose coloured specs as regards Keogh. We all know he is a liability.  He is the one constant in our failures. We will never get anywhere as a club if he is first choice centre half and captain. He is no leader and as the  season has gone on, he has been more vocal in blaming others for his mistakes rather than galvanising the team. This is what I see as a season ticket holder. Maybe it's time for you to take those glasses off.

Apparently he and another were also the cause of much unease in the changing room:dunno:
    valakari

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1331
    Registration date : 2011-10-22

Post by valakari on Sat 20 May 2017, 11:02 am

Everyone I speak to doesn't agree with you...and it is only a very small minority..mainly on this forum who would agree with you...BTW ...you haven't got a clue pal
    purpleram

Number of posts : 2983
    Registration date : 2009-04-14

Post by purpleram on Sat 20 May 2017, 12:29 pm

The scapegoating of Keogh is pathetic, he is part of a failing team, and for that shares responsibility but for the most part he's a solid defender. In a reasonable formation with midfield support he was part of the team with a record number of clean sheets.
    Is he John Terry, no, but he is a good top end championship defender.
    And silly accusations with no evidence to back it up are equally pathetic.
    chicken
    Admin

Post by chicken on Sat 20 May 2017, 12:35 pm

valakari wrote:Everyone I speak to doesn't agree with you...and it is only a very small minority..mainly on this forum who would agree with you...BTW ...you haven't got a clue pal

It's not mainly on this forum and it certainly isn't a small minority's. If you think that you're more deluded about him than I thought. 

Anyway, like you say I certainly haven't got a clue and I bow down to your superior knowledge on all things football ... pal Rolling Eyes
    chicken
    Admin

Post by chicken on Sat 20 May 2017, 12:36 pm

purpleram wrote:The scapegoating of Keogh is pathetic, he is part of a failing team, and for that shares responsibility but for the most part he's a solid defender. In a reasonable formation with midfield support he was part of the team with a record number of clean sheets.
    As for silly accusations with no evidence, I don't know where you get that from. There have been numerous posts and reports about him over the years on here alone.   To say there is no evidence is wrong
    MadAmster

Number of posts : 13559
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Sat 20 May 2017, 1:17 pm

There are 2 sides to Keogh.

There is the last ditch, body on the line hero who also gallops upfield in attempts to create something in the attacking sense. The one who is out of position, because he was covering for someone else who was out of position. hence those last ditch efforts we all love.

There is also the one who is simply out of position himself, causing more of those last ditch efforts. The one who waves his arms about, much in the manner of a whirling Dervish, blaming everybody but himself. At this point, as skipper, he should be taking control. Patting shoulders, giving calming words, advising others as to what they should be doing. But he gives us his Dervish impression. There is hardly ever a game where he doesn't present the ball on a silver platter to the oppo in our defensive third, putting everybody under pressure and the oppo, very often, a good chance to score against us.

Over the season we have conceded less than most in this League. I beg to offer the opinion that, if Keogh felt confident enough not to have to cover for others and stayed where he should be at all times, not only when others make it necessary but also the times he gets it wrong AND stops giving daft balls away, he would be a great CH. As it is he is one of the better ones at this level but far from perfect. That's why he is an SBC player.

Given the chance to get a better CH in, I would not hesitate. Having said that, he is not all bad and wouldn't be that easy to replace.

I will categorically state that he should NOT be Captain...... and please, give him some media training.

The lad gets a lot of stick, much of which is deserved. Probably doesn't get as much praise as he should. Basically, an enigma and very much a Marmite player.

Cutting a long story short...... we should replace him but only with better. Replacement for replacement's sake is a bad idea.

Oh David Nugent, Oh David Nugent, we found him in Preston, we found him in Preston, we found him in Preston at the side of the road in a Volkswagen beetle............
    purpleram

Number of posts : 2983
    Registration date : 2009-04-14

Post by purpleram on Sat 20 May 2017, 2:22 pm

chicken wrote:
    purpleram wrote:The scapegoating of Keogh is pathetic, he is part of a failing team, and for that shares responsibility but for the most part he's a solid defender. In a reasonable formation with midfield support he was part of the team with a record number of clean sheets.
    As for silly accusations with no evidence, I don't know where you get that from. There have been numerous posts and reports about him over the years on here alone.   To say there is no evidence is wrong

Give me some, actual quotes from players will do, not tittle tattle from forums. I suspect you can't, but the whole hate Keogh thing is irrational so I never expected there was any actual proof.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 23 Aug 2017, 8:35 pm