What are you hoping for?

Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 10994
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

What are you hoping for?

Post by Loughborough Ram on Sun 21 May 2017, 11:47 am

What are you hoping for next season?

Personally, first of all I want the players to have a brutal pre season. I want us to be the fittest team in the league.

I'd like us to have George Thorne and Craig Forsyth available for at least 35 games each.

I'd like us to be more physical in terms of player recruitment and performance.

I'd be excited to see us go with 3 at the back with Forsyth on one side Aiden Flint on the other and Keogh or better in between them. George Thorne and one other in front of them and then a front five with real pace and intelligence.
    norfolkram

First ever game : Watney Cup Final
    Number of posts : 500
    Registration date : 2014-11-19

Re: What are you hoping for?

Post by norfolkram on Sun 21 May 2017, 12:00 pm

Loughborough Ram wrote:What are you hoping for next season?

Personally, first of all I want the players to have a brutal pre season. I want us to be the fittest team in the league.

I'd like us to have George Thorne and Craig Forsyth available for at least 35 games each.

I'd be excited to see us go with 3 at the back with Forsyth on one side Aiden Flint on the other and Keogh or better in between them. George Thorne and one other  in front of them and then a front five with real pace and intelligence.

brutal pre season? , thats Thorne fecked for a start.

I'd like a forward looking club that stops harking back to former glories of yesteryear ,that stops relying on the failed of the last 3 season's and expect thing's to be different and an owner with a clear vision of where he wants the club in 5 years time..
    Jackal

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1982
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 542
    Registration date : 2014-09-08

Post by Jackal on Sun 21 May 2017, 12:26 pm

Loughborough Ram wrote:What are you hoping for next season?

I'd be excited to see us go with 3 at the back with Forsyth on one side Aiden Flint on the other and Keogh or better in between them. George Thorne and one other  in front of them and then a front five with real pace and intelligence.
    Forsyth is a leftback that likes to get forward and put crosses in. Whilst his height would help on the left of a back 3 i'm not sure it's his natural game. He is a converted left midfielder when all is said & done.

Life is really simple. It's just that we insist on making it complicated - Confucius
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 22920
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Sun 21 May 2017, 5:39 pm

I am hoping for a team that can bully teams and be deadly in front of goal after running all over the opposition.

KeoghKeogh

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 446
    Registration date : 2015-12-30

Post by KeoghKeogh on Sun 21 May 2017, 5:51 pm

automatic promotion

simple as that
    CornwallRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6178
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by CornwallRam on Sun 21 May 2017, 7:59 pm

I am happy to accept a transitional season. I don't really care what the we do up until Christmas as the new players will be settling in and Rowett will still be developing his squad. I'll be looking for an improvement in the new year, with a top half finish being a bonus. As long as we are not in the relegation mix after January, I'll be content, especially if I can see things starting to come together.

Next I'd expect play-offs next season and promotion the minimum requirement for the season after.

Last edited by CornwallRam on Sun 21 May 2017, 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Loughborough Ram

Number of posts : 10994
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram on Sun 21 May 2017, 8:11 pm

patient til after Christmas Corny? If we're in the bottom 8 at the beginning of December the fans will be demanding that Mel gets rid of Rowett and by Cjristmas he'll oblige.

Make no mistake our fans and our chairman are almost impossibly demanding, there is no 'big picture' at this club.
    LeedsRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1974
    First ever game : some time when I was three
    Number of posts : 1351
    Registration date : 2009-07-21

Post by LeedsRam on Sun 21 May 2017, 8:23 pm

138 points and the FA cup.
    I think the Carling Cup as well would be unrealistic though.
    mcsilks

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    First ever game : Early eighties, Sheff Utd in the Pop Side
    Number of posts : 22
    Registration date : 2016-08-14

Post by mcsilks on Mon 22 May 2017, 12:16 am

I'm just hoping that we can move out some of our players. My fear is that no clubs will actually come in for them meaning we'll be stuck with the same squad.

With the exception of Chris Martin, I not sure we have one single player that is saleable. All this talk from fans saying we'll bring in X.Y. and Z are living in cloud cuckoo land. Will Hughes and Tom Ince have been talked about as possible players to leave. Who in their right mind would pay 10M for Ince, a lightweight inconsistent player and Hughes, a player who has failed to improve since he was 18. There is a solid argument to say that he has gone backwards.

So my hope is that some rather blind manager comes in and takes one or two players off our hands but I can't see it. Rowett will likely start with the same group of players as last season and my hope then would be that we can somehow mount some form of unlikely challenge towards the top.
    valakari

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1214
    Registration date : 2011-10-22

Post by valakari on Mon 22 May 2017, 9:15 am

But will have Martin, Thorne and Forsyth Extra!
    norfolkram

First ever game : Watney Cup Final
    Number of posts : 500
    Registration date : 2014-11-19

Post by norfolkram on Mon 22 May 2017, 5:22 pm

valakari wrote:But will have Martin, Thorne and Forsyth Extra!

And success will surely follow
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13340
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Tue 23 May 2017, 7:47 am

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that FFP will allow us to get 5M-6M worth of players in but that any more would require outgoing first. No facts to back it up, just a gut feeling based on messages coming out of the club plus what we know of our FFP position from club press releases.

Mel has bulging pockets but can't empty them willy nilly anymore.

Gary Rowett's black & white army! The only certainty is we're all barmy LOL roll

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 27 Jun 2017, 1:11 pm