EFL Media Rights to change?

SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4457
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

EFL Media Rights to change?

Post by SawleyRam on Fri 09 Jun 2017, 1:15 pm

Looks like the EFL Media Rights are to change, does this mean Mel Morris (and others) have will have the ability to bid for their own media rights? Is this a step nearer to the Rams having their own TV station?

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/will-bt-sport-outbid-sky-sports-in-battle-for-efl-tv-rights-it-could-affect-derby-county/story-30380914-detail/story.html
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13744
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Re: EFL Media Rights to change?

Post by MadAmster on Fri 09 Jun 2017, 2:30 pm

Derby have already decide to go their own way from this coming season. They have not extended their contract with the provider the EFL uses for "Rams Player". They will soon be announcing what they will be doing next season.

The EFL "Player" system will give ex pat fans of EFL teams live video, home and away, for something like £150 a season.

I have no idea what DCFC has planned for the coming season but as they are outside of the EFL new deal it may well only include live video for home games.

I am chomping at the bit to take out a season ticket for this service.
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4457
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Fri 09 Jun 2017, 6:48 pm

MadAmster wrote:Derby have already decide to go their own way from this coming season. They have not extended their contract with the provider the EFL uses for "Rams Player". They will soon be announcing what they will be doing next season.

The EFL "Player" system will give ex pat fans of EFL teams live video, home and away, for something like £150 a season.

I have no idea what DCFC has planned for the coming season but as they are outside of the EFL new deal it may well only include live video for home games.

I am chomping at the bit to take out a season ticket for this service.

There will be an official announcement later this month on the EFL generic website and the 'Rams Player' that will hopefully please you. Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 22 Oct 2017, 11:02 am