masters of selling low

terminaator

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 105
    Registration date : 2010-10-11

masters of selling low

Post by terminaator on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 1:46 pm

We sure can "develop" young gems and get the "best" value for them.
    Addisson, Huddlestone, Barnes, now Hughes.

4,5m, 7m with add-ons is a bloody joke in todays market. We paid same for butterlegs and a bad copy of seth johnson. Heck I think Pablo Mills was valued higher at some point, with ManU being interested. Ofcourse he ended up walking for free.

Clouns. Bang head
    asotrsott

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Derby V Telford Utd 1984
    Number of posts : 361
    Registration date : 2013-07-05

Re: masters of selling low

Post by asotrsott on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 2:56 pm

Remember Gregorz Rasiak? £1million...
    mcsilks

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    First ever game : Early eighties, Sheff Utd in the Pop Side
    Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2016-08-14

Post by mcsilks on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 3:09 pm

I just don't get the reaction to the value of Hughes. Look at his stats and you'll find that his best years are from 4~5 years ago. He can't even get into the U21 side now...hardly surprising as he has failed to command a place in an average Championship side last season. Just why would he justify a fee of upwards of 10M?!

I think Watford are taking a risk here. A player with a poor record over the last few seasons whose performances have been on the wane.

I don't think he'll be a regular starter for Watford.

If he was really any good, why are Watford the highest (or only) bidders? If other clubs thought he could do a job for them, they would come running. After all, he's a young English player. They're like gold dust.

The player is not in demand and therefore, the markets suggest his true value is around the 5M mark. Two years of hanging around the Watford reserve team and we'll be able to buy him back for about 3M which should keep some of you happy.
    Jackal

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1982
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 563
    Registration date : 2014-09-08

Post by Jackal on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 4:28 pm

mcsilks wrote:I just don't get the reaction to the value of Hughes. Look at his stats and you'll find that his best years are from 4~5 years ago. He can't even get into the U21 side now...hardly surprising as he has failed to command a place in an average Championship side last season. Just why would he justify a fee of upwards of 10M?!

I think Watford are taking a risk here. A player with a poor record over the last few seasons whose performances have been on the wane.

I don't think he'll be a regular starter for Watford.

If he was really any good, why are Watford the highest (or only) bidders? If other clubs thought he could do a job for them, they would come running. After all, he's a young English player. They're like gold dust.

The player is not in demand and therefore, the markets suggest his true value is around the 5M mark. Two years of hanging around the Watford reserve team and we'll be able to buy him back for about 3M which should keep some of you happy.
    To buy him back when we are in the Prem for £3 million would make me very happy.

Life is really simple. It's just that we insist on making it complicated - Confucius
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4322
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 5:19 pm

Put this on another thread but worth repeating on this one:

Hughes' agent is Paolo Vernazza, the former Watford midfielder who engineered this deal. I don't think Derby had any choice in this matter as Will wants to play Premiership football NOW, not maybe next season.

Standing in the way of a young footballers progression is not good for Derby County's reputation with the younger talent but has Will's agent turned down offers from other clubs in order to get his mates at Watford a good deal? A deal or no deal scenario.

We will not get to know the truth in this matter but this type of wheeler-dealing does go on behind the scenes.

Derby may not be at fault for selling Will Hughes at what (on the surface) appears to be an under value deal.
    thatguyfromderby

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1994
    Number of posts : 4284
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by thatguyfromderby on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 6:21 pm

Surprised Celtic hasn't come in with a bid as I thought Rogers was a big fan.

This is only a bad deal if we have a dreadful season and he has a great one. I think he's better suited to the PL and may be a great acquisition.. but it is a risk for any club for a player that isn't really in the English mould.
    Stockport Ram

First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5158
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 6:47 pm

thatguyfromderby wrote:Surprised Celtic hasn't come in with a bid as I thought Rogers was a big fan.

This is only a bad deal if we have a dreadful season and he has a great one. I think he's better suited to the PL and may be a great acquisition.. but it is a risk for any club for a player that isn't really in the English mould.

I agree 100% - It will look like the best deal of the summer if he stays fit for a full season.
    DavesaRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Derby 5 Spurs 0
    Number of posts : 832
    Registration date : 2011-10-15

Post by DavesaRam on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 9:38 pm

There are rumours that the deal includes writing off what we still owe for Vydra and Anya, circa £6 million. That would mean he was sold for £10.5 million. rising to £13.5 million, which is a better figure, methinks.

Posted from my Android passion for Derby County.
    Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11054
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 9:48 pm

That would change it from a poor deal to a magnificent deal in my opinion.
    Stockport Ram

First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5158
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 11:56 pm

Loughborough Ram wrote:That would change it from a poor deal to a magnificent deal in my opinion.

Mine was the green like.

Iniesta has no pace either.....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 25 Jul 2017, 3:48 pm