Hughes deal complete

terminaator

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 105
    Registration date : 2010-10-11

Re: Hughes deal complete

Post by terminaator on Sun 25 Jun 2017, 6:49 pm

Will sold - I can understand that. He needed that step up, and we needed the money to rebuild, but.....

If we pay same for Johsnons, Anyas, Vydras and Butterfields that we get for Hughes, then we are stupid.

We have been rebuidling and sending off our young talents way below market value for years now. With such deals, I cannot see how we will ever climb out of the rebuilding stage!

Rowett has made his own sword to fall on. If he wont succeed, fans will eat him alive. I know I will.
    MadAmster

Number of posts : 13670
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Mon 26 Jun 2017, 10:20 am

...... and we still don't know what we got for Hughes. Did the deal also entail writing off what we still owed on Vydra and Anya?

The tone of the interview suggests that we are close to FFP limits.......

In Gary we trust............ we don't have much of a choice do we?
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23079
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Mon 26 Jun 2017, 11:28 am

terminaator wrote:Will sold - I can understand that. He needed that step up, and we needed the money to rebuild, but.....

If we pay same for Johsnons, Anyas, Vydras and Butterfields that we get for Hughes, then we are stupid.

We have been rebuidling and sending off our young talents way below market value for years now. With such deals, I cannot see how we will ever climb out of the rebuilding stage!

Rowett has made his own sword to fall on. If he wont succeed, fans will eat him alive. I know I will.

All the above signings were made prior to Rowett.
    Their valuations have nothing to do with Rowett.

And as Rowett said in his interview he asked the lad if he wanted to go and the answer was yes.
    There wasn't a bidding war between a bunch of teams eager to sign him.
    So the club can only squeeze as much as they can for the player .

Where is all the young talent you are talking about...?
    Huddleston went on to a decent career.
    Barnes went nowhere very quickly and is wandering around over here in the MLS.
    Who else have we sold that's lit up the football world ?
    Where is this big conveyor belt of young talent that we have sold cheaply?

Forget not getting out of the rebuilding that is holding back.
    How about the negativity and inability of fans to let the manager get on with his job.
    Both Clough and Mackay probably wouldn't have got through their first year at DCFC in today's climate.

Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11177
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram on Mon 26 Jun 2017, 3:35 pm

MadAmster wrote:...... and we still don't know what we got for Hughes. Did the deal also entail writing off what we still owed on Vydra and Anya?

Several posters on here who take an interest in these things, suggested a year ago that selling a player that has come through your own system entitles you to spend around three times as much as you bring in for the player within ffp.

If that is so we should be miles away from problems with ffp because we sold Hendrick for £10m? and now Hughes for at least £5m. That should entitle us to spend around £45m which is nowhere near the case. I reckon Vydra £8m, Anya £3m,Nugent £2m, Davies £500,000 and Wisdom £3m?

Even if I've missed a couple of players, or if it's twice as much instead of three times as much, we're still miles away.
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4436
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Mon 26 Jun 2017, 3:50 pm

Loughborough Ram wrote:
    MadAmster wrote:...... and we still don't know what we got for Hughes. Did the deal also entail writing off what we still owed on Vydra and Anya?

Several posters on here who take an interest in these things, suggested a year ago that selling a player that has come through your own system entitles you to spend around three times as much as you bring in for the player within ffp.

If that is so we should be miles away from problems with ffp because we sold Hendrick for £10m? and now Hughes for at least £5m. That should entitle us to spend around £45m which is nowhere near the case. I reckon Vydra £8m, Anya £3m,Nugent £2m, Davies £500,000 and Wisdom £3m?

Even if I've missed a couple of players, or if it's twice as much instead of three times as much, we're still miles away.

Plus wages Loughie...........Hendrick & Hughes have gone for higher wages so incomings will on bigger salaries I should think than the outgoings. (No wonder Nugent is always grinning).
    KeoghKeogh

Number of posts : 532
    Registration date : 2015-12-30

Post by KeoghKeogh on Mon 26 Jun 2017, 5:20 pm

I think that both Hendrick and Hughes started off at Forest as youngsters until they were persuaded to come to Derby. Worked out well.
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Mon 26 Jun 2017, 8:22 pm

SawleyRam wrote:
    Loughborough Ram wrote:

Plus wages Loughie...........Hendrick & Hughes have gone for higher wages so incomings will on bigger salaries I should think than the outgoings. (No wonder Nugent is always grinning).

Rowett mentioned having to be careful (or similar) because of FFP more than once in that interview on Rams TV. Would he do that if we were nowhere near the limits?
    CornwallRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6253

Post by CornwallRam on Tue 27 Jun 2017, 8:30 am

Loughborough Ram wrote:

The FFP thing allows you to spend three times as much in that season, but requires you to bring in similar amounts for the next two season if you do. So if we made £9m on Hendrick, we could have spent £27m on new players (if given 3 year contracts) that season and stayed within FFP. However, we'd then need bring in another £9m this season and the same the year after, assuming that none of the new players themselves are sold.

As Butterfield, Ince, Johnson etc are also still depreciating, I'd be surprised if we weren't close to the FFP limit.
    valakari

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1404
    Registration date : 2011-10-22

Post by valakari on Tue 27 Jun 2017, 6:11 pm

Feeling sick watching Will Hughes carve through Germany defence to lay on a plate for Tammy Abraham...what have we done! Are you watching Gary Rowett?
    thatguyfromderby

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1994
    Number of posts : 4336
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by thatguyfromderby on Tue 27 Jun 2017, 6:43 pm

valakari wrote:Feeling sick watching Will Hughes carve through Germany defence to lay on a plate for Tammy Abraham...what have we done! Are you watching Gary Rowett?

But when was the last time he did that for us? His confidence and spirits are gonna be sky high right now. Obviously he's gonna be playing out of his skin in an international semi-final.
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23079
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Tue 27 Jun 2017, 7:57 pm

thatguyfromderby wrote:
    valakari wrote:Feeling sick watching Will Hughes carve through Germany defence to lay on a plate for Tammy Abraham...what have we done! Are you watching Gary Rowett?

But when was the last time he did that for us? His confidence and spirits are gonna be sky high right now. Obviously he's gonna be playing out of his skin in an international semi-final.

FFS...are we going to go through this every time he farts.
    He's gone...you can count on one hand the amount of times you could say he bossed a game in the last 12 months.
    We have been bullied and weak in that department for two years at least.

Ram_in_OZ

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Live 1994 vs Leicester
    Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2013-09-11

Post by Ram_in_OZ on Wed 28 Jun 2017, 6:06 am

New England Ram wrote:
    thatguyfromderby wrote:

FFS...are we going to go through this every time he farts.
    He's gone...you can count on one hand the amount of times you could say he bossed a game in the last 12 months.
    We have been bullied and weak in that department for two years at least.
    absolutely NER
    old ewe

Number of posts : 617
    Registration date : 2012-05-20

Post by old ewe on Wed 28 Jun 2017, 7:07 am

Taken off with hamstring problems. Will this affect his deal completion??
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Wed 28 Jun 2017, 8:41 am

old ewe wrote:Taken off with hamstring problems. Will this affect his deal completion??

Based on both clubs saying done and dusted last weekend, probably not.
    bramhallram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3672
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Post by bramhallram on Wed 28 Jun 2017, 9:28 am

thatguyfromderby wrote:

And it would be quite wrong to make a big deal out of his replacement being the unfortunate player to miss the last penalty. Could have happened to anyone.

terminaator

Number of posts : 105
    Registration date : 2010-10-11

Post by terminaator on Wed 28 Jun 2017, 2:10 pm

a season long loan to a prem club I would have prefered....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 26 Sep 2017, 3:44 pm