LIVE STREAM Kaiserlautern v Derby

RRC
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15799
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

LIVE STREAM Kaiserlautern v Derby

Post by RRC on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 7:53 pm

Go to the DCFC Match Centre and login as usual.

MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13741
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Re: LIVE STREAM Kaiserlautern v Derby

Post by MadAmster on Fri 21 Jul 2017, 7:57 am

Keep an eye out for the crazy rodent, his two sprogs and our very good friend Andrea Gallop.

We will be stood behind one of the goals on a proper terrace. Luxury.
    thatguyfromderby

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1994
    Number of posts : 4345
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by thatguyfromderby on Fri 21 Jul 2017, 8:28 pm

Curtis Davis hasn't gone. Anyone know why?
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4453
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Fri 21 Jul 2017, 9:50 pm

thatguyfromderby wrote:Curtis Davis hasn't gone. Anyone know why?

I have no idea but nobody has seen Davies & Keogh in the same team yet after 4 friendlies........ LOL
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Fri 21 Jul 2017, 10:52 pm

Curtis... personal reasons
    RRC
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 15799
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Post by RRC on Sat 22 Jul 2017, 12:35 am

These players have travelled to Kaiserlautern -
    Scott Carson, Jonathan Mitchell, Craig Forsyth, Richard Keogh, Alex Pearce, Chris Baird, Marcus Olsson, Andre Wisdom, Tom Huddlestone, Craig Bryson, Bradley Johnson, Jamie Hanson, Jacob Butterfield, Ikechi Anya, Andreas Weimann, Mason Bennnett, Chris Martin, David Nugent, Johnny Russell.

Bent was injured at Port Vale and Davies has not travelled for personal reasons.

These players were also unavailable for Kaiserlautern -
    Nick Blackman, George Thorne, Matej Vydra, Jason Shackell and Max Lowe.

rjrules71

First ever game : plymouth argyle 1964-65
    Number of posts : 4267
    Registration date : 2009-05-15

Post by rjrules71 on Sat 22 Jul 2017, 4:04 pm

Big Tom looking the part superb passing and dead balls, I think he is gonna turn out to be the buy of the season

Roll on the big KO Party

old ewe

First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 620
    Registration date : 2012-05-20

Post by old ewe on Sat 22 Jul 2017, 5:06 pm

Curtis was watching though........ sent tweets of approval
    DavesaRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Derby 5 Spurs 0
    Number of posts : 863
    Registration date : 2011-10-15

Post by DavesaRam on Sat 22 Jul 2017, 8:37 pm

Well that was pretty much what I was expecting a Rowett side to look like.

We were very well organised, and worked very hard - everyone was putting a shift in, and no-one was shirking or hiding. i would put Weimann top of the class, as he did some excellent work, tracked back, tackled and harried, and looked up for it going forwards.

We had to weather a bit of a storm, but it was rather like a weather forecast promising thunderstorms, but it only raining a bit harder than drizzle. So Carson had little to do. Kaiserslauten had a reputation for putting loads of goals away this pre-season, so either the opposition was poor, or our defense did well. And given the lack of panicking at the back, even during the goalmouth scrambles, I think we are looking good at the back.

We won't need to rush Georgie Boy back with our Tom pinging the ball around, and he has already found out how to bring Weimann into play. He will no doubt do the same with runs by such as Russell, Nugent, Vydra, Anya and co, so things are looking good in that department.

Russell, and to some degree Martin were pretty quiet early on, but as the match went on, Russell started to a show his vision and eye for a through pass, even if he did miss a sitter. And that header deserved a goal! Martin played well once he started to get the ball, and was wrestled about rather a lot, with little protection from the ref, who didn't seem to like the idea of Derby putting any effective challenges in. However, our Chrissie did "buy" a couple of free-kicks for only about 2p each, including the one that led to our second goal! So no change there, then!

Keogh was as he should be, benefitting from the better organisation, and no doubt by Huddlestone's presence. Pearce looked just the same as last year, and I noticed that we didn't involve him much in playing the ball out of defence, because he thinks slower than a slow thing before playing the pass which was obvious as soon as he received the ball. However, he did some very neat ball play in defence on several occasions, and seems to react quicker when he doesn't have time to think about it!

Overall I am happy, because of the much more solid, almost agricultural look to our play, along with the greater organisation. However, I do miss the flair and class of previous styles of play, but at the same time I don't miss the nail-biting "are we about to chuck it all away again" agony which we used to go through most matches. So today I knew that we were going to hold out for the full 90.

We are not there yet, but there are some good signs, and today was a good work out. COYR!
    rjrules71

Post by rjrules71 on Sun 23 Jul 2017, 10:53 am

DavesaRam wrote:Well that was pretty much what I was expecting a Rowett side to look like.

We were very well organised, and worked very hard - everyone was putting a shift in, and no-one was shirking or hiding. i would put Weimann top of the class, as he did some excellent work, tracked back, tackled and harried, and looked up for it going forwards.

We had to weather a bit of a storm, but it was rather like a weather forecast promising thunderstorms, but it only raining a bit harder than drizzle. So Carson had little to do. Kaiserslauten had a reputation for putting loads of goals away this pre-season, so either the opposition was poor, or our defense did well. And given the lack of panicking at the back, even during the goalmouth scrambles, I think we are looking good at the back.

Excellent summation and I agree there is a much more solid feel to it.
    No longer the lightweight pushover of a midfield and with Big Tom spraying the ball about we have an attack worthy of the name.

I hope the regeneration moves on apace and we can hit the ground running. The first couple of weeks are never crucial but if points can be gained they all count well to the end tally.

Just wish it would bloody hurry up a bit Anger

We won't need to rush Georgie Boy back with our Tom pinging the ball around, and he has already found out how to bring Weimann into play. He will no doubt do the same with runs by such as Russell, Nugent, Vydra, Anya and co, so things are looking good in that department.

Russell, and to some degree Martin were pretty quiet early on, but as the match went on, Russell started to a  show his vision and eye for a through pass, even if he did miss a sitter. And that header deserved a goal! Martin played well once he started to get the ball, and was wrestled about rather a lot, with little protection from the ref, who didn't seem to like the idea of Derby putting any effective challenges in. However, our Chrissie did "buy"  a couple of free-kicks for only about 2p each, including the one that led to our second goal! So no change there, then!

Keogh was as he should be, benefitting from the better organisation, and no doubt by Huddlestone's presence. Pearce looked just the same as last year, and I  noticed that we didn't involve him much in playing the ball out of defence, because he thinks slower than a slow thing before playing the pass which was obvious as soon as he received the ball. However, he did some very neat ball play in defence on  several occasions, and seems to react quicker when he doesn't have time to think about it!

Overall I am happy, because of the much more solid, almost agricultural look to our play, along with the greater organisation. However, I do miss the flair and class of previous styles of play, but at the same time I don't miss the nail-biting "are we about to chuck it all away again" agony which we used to go through most matches. So today I knew that we were going to hold out for the full 90.

We are not there yet, but there are some good signs, and today was a good work out. COYR!
    rjrules71

Post by rjrules71 on Sun 23 Jul 2017, 10:54 am

DavesaRam wrote:Well that was pretty much what I was expecting a Rowett side to look like.

Russell, and to some degree Martin were pretty quiet early on, but as the match went on, Russell started to a  show his vision and eye for a through pass, even if he did miss a sitter. And that header deserved a goal! Martin played well once he started to get the ball, and was wrestled about rather a lot, with little protection from the ref, who didn't seem to like the idea of Derby putting any effective challenges in. However, our Chrissie did "buy"  a couple of free-kicks for only about 2p each, including the one that led to our second goal! So no change there, then!

Keogh was as he should be, benefitting from the better organisation, and no doubt by Huddlestone's presence. Pearce looked just the same as last year, and I  noticed that we didn't involve him much in playing the ball out of defence, because he thinks slower than a slow thing before playing the pass which was obvious as soon as he received the ball. However, he did some very neat ball play in defence on  several occasions, and seems to react quicker when he doesn't have time to think about it!

Excellent summation and I agree there is a much more solid feel to it.
    No longer the lightweight pushover of a midfield and with Big Tom spraying the ball about we have an attack worthy of the name.

I hope the regeneration moves on apace and we can hit the ground running. The first couple of weeks are never crucial but if points can be gained they all count well to the end tally.

Just wish it would bloody hurry up a bit  Anger

New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23100
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Sun 23 Jul 2017, 12:32 pm

Efficient and tidy and steady.
    Not sure I have seen Rams players track back that fast before when losing possession.
    Still think there is the need for yet more speed in the team along with a little trickery.
    Clearly the football will not be sexy this season but I don't think fans will be able to complain about lack of commitment or pride from the players.

valakari

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1430
    Registration date : 2011-10-22

Post by valakari on Sun 23 Jul 2017, 12:55 pm

Butterfield....why did he play..????????
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Mon 24 Jul 2017, 10:54 am

Derby's #9. Not seen him run about that much, ever. The assembled masses on the terracing all said the same thing. He looks up for it.

Having seen all the games so far, either via Rams TV or actually being there, I think the 1st choice back 4 will be as it was in K town but with Davies in for Pearce.

Sat in front of them we will see Tom and BJ.

Front 4 of Weimann, Nugent, Martin and Bennett.

JR got the nod against K town but I think Bennett has shown better so far. Those on the bench at K town will get starts at Northampton tomorrow (Tuesday).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Oct 2017, 3:09 pm