Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23111
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Re: Rams TV live package

Post by New England Ram on Sat 26 Aug 2017, 5:20 pm

Venice Ram wrote:
    mcsilks wrote:The sound on the 'live video' is too quiet and even when the volume on my MacBook is on max, I'm still having to use earphones so I can hear it.

Is anybody else finding this?

Prior to today, I have had my laptop volume at 80%, and it was OK. Today, even with the laptop at full volume it was too quiet. However, having listened to the commentary today, I'm thinking of using the mute button in future. It really is a pity that a football game interferes with the commentators chat.

Commentary again awful..describe the bloody play and shut up !

mcsilks

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    First ever game : Early eighties, Sheff Utd in the Pop Side
    Number of posts : 64
    Registration date : 2016-08-14

Post by mcsilks on Sun 27 Aug 2017, 2:15 pm

New England Ram wrote:

Totally agree.

I'm not interested in listening to a ludicrously biased talk and constant aimless chatter. I would actually employ a neutral commentary team and ask them to commentate in the same way that they do on Sky games and BBC games.

Darren Bent spoke so much about how much better we were than Sheffield United, how much better our bench was, and how ridiculous he considered the scoreline.

I would prefer to have Radio Derby with the live pictures. At least then, they are describing the action and you can hear a bit of atmosphere.
    New England Ram
    Admin

Post by New England Ram on Mon 28 Aug 2017, 2:49 am

mcsilks wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:

Totally agree.

I'm not interested in listening to a ludicrously biased talk and constant aimless chatter. I would actually employ a neutral commentary team and ask them to commentate in the same way that they do on Sky games and BBC games.

Darren Bent spoke so much about how much better we were than Sheffield United, how much better our bench was, and how ridiculous he considered the scoreline.

I would prefer to have Radio Derby with the live pictures. At least then, they are describing the action and you can hear a bit of atmosphere.

Yep it was awful and clearly the pair of Em are not physically out on the gantry at away games but sat back in the studio at Pride Park so the crowd noise sounds piped.
    Which again I could live with if the commentary was decent.
    Don't get me wrong I truly appreciate that I can now share the pain of fellow Rams fans week in week out and it's a great thing the new feed.
    But it needs tweaking and to be fair they did say it would take a few months for them to get it where they wanted it.

MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13797
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Mon 28 Aug 2017, 8:46 am

For the fist time since pre season, a quality video................. for the opening 75 minutes. Thereafter it was was back to stutter, stutter, stop.

I feel for Colin Gibson. He doesn't really have a TV face, it's more suited to radio but it gets really bad when the sound of his voice is out of sync with the video. He appears to have been (over?) trained in communication. He is really trying hard to articulate properly and that leads to him having far more lip movement than is necessary and it looks, frankly, ridiculous.
    Manchester Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1977
    First ever game : 1980
    Number of posts : 323
    Registration date : 2009-03-02

Post by Manchester Ram on Wed 30 Aug 2017, 8:58 am

I quite like Darren Bent being on it, simply that we get to hear what one of the players is thinking about the action, a bit of an insight. It may not be that interesting but to me it's another window into the players minds which is kind of cool.
    New England Ram
    Admin

Post by New England Ram on Wed 30 Aug 2017, 1:09 pm

Manchester Ram wrote:I quite like Darren Bent being on it, simply that we get to hear what one of the players is thinking about the action, a bit of an insight. It may not be that interesting but to me it's another window into the players minds which is kind of cool.

Too long winded for me Manc he goes on and on about what the manager might be thinking and it's all too nice.
    Shane Nicholson on the other hand was direct straight to the point and honest.

DavesaRam

First ever game : Derby 5 Spurs 0
    Number of posts : 871
    Registration date : 2011-10-15

Post by DavesaRam on Wed 30 Aug 2017, 2:27 pm

Manchester Ram wrote:I quite like Darren Bent being on it, simply that we get to hear what one of the players is thinking about the action, a bit of an insight. It may not be that interesting but to me it's another window into the players minds which is kind of cool.

That might explain our woeful performances. If all the players think that everything is hunky-dory like Darren Bent obviously does, then they aren't going to put their guts at any risk of being busted.

How could DB think we were the better side, and that we were about to grab hold of the game and win it, when all we were good for was rolling out the red carpet for the blades to parade down?
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4488
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Wed 30 Aug 2017, 2:50 pm

DavesaRam wrote:

That might explain our woeful performances. If all the players think that everything is hunky-dory like Darren Bent obviously does, then they aren't going to put their guts at any risk of being busted.

How could DB think we were the better side, and that we were about to grab hold of the game and win it, when all we were good for was rolling out the red carpet for the blades to parade down?

I too like Darren Bent being co-commentator, it means he's not on the field of play!
    And yes he should do something to earn his sick pay. LOL
    Manchester Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1977
    First ever game : 1980
    Number of posts : 323
    Registration date : 2009-03-02

Post by Manchester Ram on Wed 30 Aug 2017, 3:18 pm

DavesaRam wrote:

Exactly!
    DavesaRam

First ever game : Derby 5 Spurs 0
    Number of posts : 871
    Registration date : 2011-10-15

Post by DavesaRam on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 8:19 pm

I paid £5 to watch the Derby v Sheffield United game while we were on holiday in Croatia. The actual video link was great. Sadly it was just the subject matter which was dubious!

However, I received an email this morning saying that they had taken payment for this month - in other words I am paying on a monthly basis. The problem is I clicked on the option to buy a one-off purchase, which has turned into a monthly payment. Very naughty, Derby County. Even worse, I thought "well I've paid for it, I might as well watch tonight's Brentford game, duly logged in only to find that all I can do is listen to the Radio Derby live commentary, which I was already listening to so I could see how "on the money" the RD crew are.

I shall have to have words, come tomorrow.

Not impressed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 Nov 2017, 2:07 am