New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23104
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Martin wins

Post by New England Ram on Mon 31 Jul 2017, 2:06 pm

Looking like and reading like Martin will yet again be leading the line for DCFC after his holiday down south.
    I now don't think he will play Nugent and Martin together not as a starting line up that is.
    If that is the case anyone think that Nugent would be the better option to lead the line.
    Obviously it's a long season and things will change.

MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13750
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Re: Martin wins

Post by MadAmster on Mon 31 Jul 2017, 2:09 pm

He will very likely go with last Saturday's starting lineup which is fortunate for Butterfield. He WAS a good player, hos forst few games for us were good. Where has that player gone?

1-4-3-3 it will be at Blunderland. I'd rather see a different system.
    Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11195
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram on Mon 31 Jul 2017, 2:37 pm

If Butterfield plays you have to ask, why sell Hughes? I felt that a change in system would mean that Hughes wouldn't have a role in the team, but if we play as we did against Hoffenheim we are significantly weaker playing Butterfield instead of Hughes.

Our best system would definitely be 3 at the back, 2 holding midfielders, 2 wing backs and Nugent and Vydra playing around Martin. The players we have fit that system, the players we have bought fit that system, so to revert back to the old predictable 4-2-3-1 just seems like a real step back after selling 2 players that suited that system more than other players we have kept.
    KeoghKeogh

First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 553
    Registration date : 2015-12-30

Post by KeoghKeogh on Mon 31 Jul 2017, 5:34 pm

New England Ram wrote:Looking like and reading like Martin will yet again be leading the line for DCFC after his holiday down south.
    I now don't think he will play Nugent and Martin together not as a starting line up that is.
    If that is the case anyone think that Nugent would be the better option to lead the line.

Nugent didn't do well with his handful of chances on Saturday to be fair.
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23104
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Mon 31 Jul 2017, 9:20 pm

KeoghKeogh wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:Looking like and reading like Martin will yet again be leading the line for DCFC after his holiday down south.

I don't think the service to Nugent has been great this pre season I think if the quality and timing of the service improved he would still score goals at championship level.

chicken
    Admin

First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14562
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by chicken on Mon 31 Jul 2017, 9:24 pm

ReNew England Ram wrote:
    KeoghKeogh wrote:

I don't think the service to Nugent has been great this pre season I think if the quality and timing of the service improved he would still score goals at championship level.
    I agree with you NER.
    KeoghKeogh

Post by KeoghKeogh on Mon 31 Jul 2017, 10:10 pm

chicken wrote:
    ReNew England Ram wrote:
    KeoghKeogh wrote:

I agree with you NER.

Nugent is quality - he just looked a bit rusty is all. He should be an asset again this season.
    KeoghKeogh

Post by KeoghKeogh on Mon 31 Jul 2017, 10:11 pm

chicken wrote:
    ReNew England Ram wrote:
    KeoghKeogh wrote:

I agree with you NER.

Nugent is quality - he just looked a bit rusty is all. He should be an asset again this season.
    KeoghKeogh

Post by KeoghKeogh on Mon 31 Jul 2017, 10:12 pm

chicken wrote:
    ReNew England Ram wrote:
    KeoghKeogh wrote:

I agree with you NER.

KeoghKeogh

Post by KeoghKeogh on Mon 31 Jul 2017, 10:13 pm

chicken wrote:
    ReNew England Ram wrote:
    KeoghKeogh wrote:

I agree with you NER.

Jackal

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1982
    Number of posts : 626
    Registration date : 2014-09-08

Post by Jackal on Mon 31 Jul 2017, 10:49 pm

KeoghKeogh wrote:
    chicken wrote:
    ReNew England Ram wrote:
    KeoghKeogh wrote:

I agree with you NER.

Ok, we get your point already LOL

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 24 Oct 2017, 8:52 am