Under 23's

valakari

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1465
    Registration date : 2011-10-22

Under 23's

Post by valakari on Sat 26 Aug 2017, 11:06 am

I went last night to watch the u'23's beat Sunderland 2-0.
    Very impressed with many of the players, Stabana and Gordan looked very good down the right, Thorne and Elsnick controlled the midfield (against Jack Rodwell who played 90 mins), Mason Bennett looked athletic although the end product was missing from him.
    Our keeper had nothing to do until a late shot hit the post, (no Kelle Roos, is he injured or going).
    The centre backs had a solid night, Wassall and Alex Cover..who was very impressive (no Farrend Rawson?)
    Craig Forsyth and Alex Babos played efficiently down the left with Forsyth putting in stacks of crosses. Big lad up front from Denmark, Jakobsen was a good target man....
    ....and then the subs came on...Bateman was solid replacement for Thorne who scored and controlled the game...looks a bit awkward in his running style, but didn't stop for 75 minutes.
    Luke Thomas came on on the left wing ...and wow, he's fast..looks abit like a Jamie Ward.
    But the other sub, Zanzala, who came on for Mason Bennett...well...he's fairly tall,strong, good on the ball....and very sharp...he also has a sprinters' first 10 yards...and he capped a great 15 minutes with a very well taken goal which the keeper never moved for....he is certainly one for the very near future..if we get an injury, i would have no hesitation in picking him.
    apparently he ,like Thorne, missed all of last season through injury...but looks like a natural goalscorer to me.
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13797
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Re: Under 23's

Post by MadAmster on Sat 26 Aug 2017, 1:04 pm

Watched 20 minutes of the 2nd half and thought the U23s were a decent unit. Far more cohesive than the XI that played the 2nd Grimsby League Cup tie.

Current date/time is Mon 20 Nov 2017, 2:07 am