The modern football fan

SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4488
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

The modern football fan

Post by SawleyRam on Wed 30 Aug 2017, 10:06 am

I think the modern football fan is a victim of the credit card society the "I want it and I want it now" syndrome.

The Media with it's criticisms of anything less then it's idyllic dream state of perfection certainly do nothing to  inject realism into what is, after all a human based function and therefore does not produce the said perfection on a regular basis.

If Mel Morris can have patience and Gary Rowett does nothing that gives the chairman cause for 'disciplinary action' 3 more transfer windows of ins and outs could see the Rams give their fans their Nirvana.
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13797
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Re: The modern football fan

Post by MadAmster on Wed 30 Aug 2017, 11:14 am

Spot on Sawls. We are all from the DFL ( not to be confused with DLF) generation aka DTID. These days, using the tune to that "I know I am, I'm sure I am....." dirge, they are "Chelsea for a week".

New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23111
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Wed 30 Aug 2017, 1:06 pm

SawleyRam wrote:I think the modern football fan is a victim of the credit card society the "I want it and I want it now" syndrome.

The Media with it's criticisms of anything less then it's idyllic dream state of perfection certainly do nothing to  inject realism into what is, after all a human based function and therefore does not produce the said perfection on a regular basis.

If Mel Morris can have patience and Gary Rowett does nothing that gives the chairman cause for 'disciplinary action' 3 more transfer windows of ins and outs could see the Rams give their fans their Nirvana.

Yep exactly Saws it's the era of the entitled and the stupid.
    Not to mention lack of "common sense"two words that are rapidly becoming extinct in society.
    We all moan at times and every fan is entitled to that but the level and intensity that constantly spews out of some is draining.
    I fear for Rowett because these idiots have the bigger mouths and the faster typing fingers..it's a vicious circle and only patience and thick skin a bit of luck and ultimately success will break it.

MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13797
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Thu 31 Aug 2017, 11:41 am

To vent and spew, is wonderful,
    To vent and spew is wonderful,
    Much better than just supporting,
    To vent and spew is wonderful.

Bound to be heard from every ground very soon.............. unfortunately.
    rob

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2077
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Post by rob on Thu 31 Aug 2017, 12:43 pm

have always been consistent - as have most on here that it will take more than 2 windows to reshape this team.

the worry I have is the way we played against wolves and blades and the 4-3-3. I know you should not put square pegs in round holes and we have too many players not clever enough to play in any other system but maybe I was expecting it to be a bit different...

I wont be calling for his head until at least Christmas 2019 - how about that... (unless he does something stupid)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 Nov 2017, 2:08 am