COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life

This has to be the worst sacking ever.......

MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13666
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

This has to be the worst sacking ever.......

Post by MadAmster on Mon 11 Sep 2017, 2:23 pm

.... after a mere 4 games.

Frank de Boer, sacked by Palarse after a mere 4 games. OK, so they lost all 4. The most recent, Sunday's 1-0 loss at Burnley, a team with a great home record, was one where they had 65% possession, 23 shots to Burnley's 4. Twice as many shots on target (4-2), Burnley had just 5 touches in the Palace area all game, Palace had >30 inside Burnley's. 30 corners to 3.

Benteke missed 2 sitters, another player had a free header at an empty net 3 yards out and put it wide.

de Boer's brief was to move away from hoofball and play cultured football. 4 defeats and no goals later but with performances improving greatly, he has become the PLs record sacking after just 4 games.

4 straight losses isn't impressive but they really should have buried Burnley yesterday. Even Dyche said similar.

Look at the defeats and, apart from the opening day 0-3 loss to Huddersfield they have 2 1-0 defeats and a 2-1. It's not as if they are getting hammered.

He has done all the chairman asked him to do and the results haven't gone his way but they probably would have. You don't go from hoof to culture overnight. Palarse should have been patient.

That, unfortunately, is the way of the Premiersh*te world.
    Manchester Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1977
    First ever game : 1980
    Number of posts : 321
    Registration date : 2009-03-02

Re: This has to be the worst sacking ever.......

Post by Manchester Ram on Mon 11 Sep 2017, 2:45 pm

I was hoping they would be patient enough to better our 11 points :(

At least they have had officially the worst start to a top flight campaign in some time, think i heard on talk sport this morning it was since 1925 ?
    Manchester Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1977
    First ever game : 1980
    Number of posts : 321
    Registration date : 2009-03-02

Post by Manchester Ram on Mon 11 Sep 2017, 2:48 pm

MadAmster wrote:.... after a mere 4 games.

Frank de Boer, sacked by Palarse after a mere 4 games. OK, so they lost all 4. The most recent, Sunday's 1-0 loss at Burnley, a team with a great home record, was one where they had 65% possession, 23 shots to Burnley's 4. Twice as many shots on target (4-2), Burnley had just 5 touches in the Palace area all game, Palace had >30 inside Burnley's. 30 corners to 3.

Benteke missed 2 sitters, another player had a free header at an empty net 3 yards out and put it wide.

de Boer's brief was to move away from hoofball and play cultured football. 4 defeats and no goals later but with performances improving greatly, he has become the PLs record sacking after just 4 games.

4 straight losses isn't impressive but they really should have buried Burnley yesterday. Even Dyche said similar.

Look at the defeats and, apart from the opening day 0-3 loss to Huddersfield they have 2 1-0 defeats and a 2-1. It's not as if they are getting hammered.

He has done all the chairman asked him to do and the results haven't gone his way but they probably would have. You don't go from hoof to culture overnight. Palarse should have been patient.

That, unfortunately, is the way of the Premiersh*te world.

They havent scored a goal in the league, their 2-1 was against Ipswich in the cup!
    rob

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2032
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Post by rob on Mon 11 Sep 2017, 3:13 pm

Roy Hodgson - one for the future....
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Mon 11 Sep 2017, 4:33 pm

Manc Ram I meant to leave out the League Cup game against Ipswich as I was talking about the League. I should have put 2-0 against Swansea. My point being that apart from the opening day they haven't exactly been thrashed and performances are improving. You can guarantee that they will be back to the long ball tactics again from now on.

They employed the guy to change tactics and haven't given him time to implement the new tactics yet. They played really well against Burnley. Even Dyche said they were the better team. Progress is progress and they were seeing that. Now they will never know if pretty football was possible with the players they have.
    bramhallram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3672
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Post by bramhallram on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 11:05 am

I watched the game against Burnley and the Palace players should be ashamed of themselves. It was definitely a case of the manager being let down by a group of overpaid underperformers. Sounds vaguely familiar ?

Benteke missed from six yards out and Dann managed to head wide from even closer. If either of those pathetic attempts had gone in Palace would have picked up at least one point, probably all three.

I don't have the slightest interest in Palace, but I hate it when a manager loses his job and the players just shrug their shoulders and refuse to accept any of the blame.

Sadly, a sign of the times.

MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 11:50 am

A certain Brian Clough once said that when a manager fails to produce and gets the sack, the idiot who employed him should go as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 26 Sep 2017, 6:34 am