a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life

Rams v Blues NOT on Rams TV

MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13797
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Rams v Blues NOT on Rams TV

Post by MadAmster on Fri 22 Sep 2017, 8:27 pm

EFL have sold the game to half a dozen foreign stations and therefore cannot be shown live on Rams TV.

Luckily there should be a river or a brook......................
    mcsilks

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    First ever game : Early eighties, Sheff Utd in the Pop Side
    Number of posts : 64
    Registration date : 2016-08-14

Re: Rams v Blues NOT on Rams TV

Post by mcsilks on Sat 23 Sep 2017, 12:15 am

MadAmster wrote:EFL have sold the game to half a dozen foreign stations and therefore cannot be shown live on Rams TV.

Luckily there should be a river or a brook......................

Thanks for the update.

Much more of this, and I'll be wishing I hadn't forked out for this service.

The club should not be promising what they cannot deliver. Anger

Manchester Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1977
    First ever game : 1980
    Number of posts : 323
    Registration date : 2009-03-02

Post by Manchester Ram on Sat 23 Sep 2017, 8:22 am

yeah it’s pretty bad that, no mention of a reduction in fee for the month or refund for wills so paid the whole 12 months
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Sat 23 Sep 2017, 8:37 am

I went for it on the assumption that there would be around a dozen games televised giving us somewhere around 35 games televised live. At £110 for the season, that is just over 3 quid a throw. Even at just 30 games it is under £4 a throw. £3.66 to be exact.

Like you MR, I would rather see more games on there but, even at £4 a game it is cheap so there isn't really any room for complaint IMO.
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4488
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Sat 23 Sep 2017, 11:12 am

When Derby County announced RamsTv and the live streamings they made it clear that if on Sky there would be no live stream. OK understood from the beginning, so I wonder if the EFL neglected to say that if they sold a match it could not be streamed therefore that understanding could not be passed on to customers via their club.

More like the EFL's fault not DCFC's.
    HKram

First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2016-08-19

Post by HKram on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 1:15 am

Many RamsTV paid members were unhappy about the exclusion of yesterday's game. They paid 110 quids and expected to see this game. It was not on Sky, but the game was not on.

They voiced their opinion on that "independent" forum, only with the three admin/mod fiercely defended the club's retroactive change to T&C (and pathetically removed my posts on the matter).

Mel Morris' excuse was that the club have to make a retroactive change to Terms and Conditions, because "EFL do not allow clubs to see the contract they have with Sky".

Ok. But why does it matter? Who cares about the contact between EFL and Sky? This thing is independent of the TV deal, which Mel Morris has been challenging publicly. The contract in question is the one between the club and Sky/Pitch. The club get paid by Sky/Pitch (or the other way round) for streaming. Money changed hands, so the contract must have stipulations about scope.

If this contract merely says "televised games cannot be shown", and the club officials are naive enough to sign it without asking for details, then I am sorry but it's just amateur. What is the definition of "televised"? Can Cup Games be shown even if not "televised"? How many games a season cannot be shown as a result? Up to eight games? Or up to twenty-eight games?

These are the questions the club should have asked before entering a deal with Sky/Pitch about streaming. I myself actually counted the number of games "televised" last season to gauge whether a season pass is a good investment, and I assumed in good faith that by "televised" it means Sky. Maybe I was naive but I just went with the conversational norm; I did not expect an Englishman to extend the definition of "televised" to Moldova and Liechtenstein when enter a conversation with me.

Well, Mel Morris said that people could ask for a refund, so I guess people should not complain even if unhappy about the retroactive change to T&C.
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23111
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 11:20 am

As poor as the football is at the moment.
    I remember moving to the US in 1989 and being happy if the results were in the Sunday paper and being over the moon when the week old Green Un arrived in my mailbox having been sent by my folks.
    The fact that last week I was a passenger in a car driving from Boston to New York and I was able to watch the Rams dismal display at Bristol on my phone still blows my mind.
    What ever the cost the stream is value for money for me just to have the option to watch my team as poor as they are.

MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 3:45 pm

Just had a butcher's at the satellite games planned between now and Nov 19th. We miss 2 games on Rams TV. The Red Dogs game and the Fulham away game. According to that list anyway. That may change if Outer Mongolia wants to televise the Reading game on November 4th..........
    HKram

First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2016-08-19

Post by HKram on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 1:22 am

According to the admin of that forum, games will be unavailable as long as they are "televised" no matter where. If the next game is televised in just one country say Moldova, then it's not on RamsTV.

Plus schedule is always "subject to change" according to T&C, meaning it's never the club's fault.

DCFC played 10 games so far, and half of them were available for live streaming (see below list).

So 50% were unavailable. As I said in the OP post, I actually counted the number of games "televised" last season and I thought there would just be 10 games or so missing.
    Friday 4th August Championship

Sunder v Derby County
    Tuesday 22nd August EFL Cup First Round

Grimsby Town v Derby County
    Friday 8th September Championship

Derby County v Hull City
    Tuesday 12th September EFL Cup Second Round

Barnsley v Derby County
    Saturday 23rd September Championship

Derby County v Birmingham City
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 8:17 am

I have just had another butcher's at the fixture list AND the list of games currently due to be televised somewhere in the world. It is possible that Moldova or Outer Mongolia buy more games between now and November 19th so the figures might change.

Fulham will be our 5th missed league game of the season and is our 16th League game (17th if the Ipswich game is rescheduled before then). If we stay midtable, the % will only go down. If we improve it will go up. I estimate the number of games on Rams TV will be somewhere between 30 and 35. Even if it's only 30 games then the cost is £3.66 a game.

Before I signed up I looked at the figures and decided there would be between 10 and 16 games (League games, I didn't factor cup games in) televised on Rams TV. The others would be available either on a stream or live on Ziggo Sport here in the Netherlands. IMO most other Rams TV subscribers will have done similar sums to the ones I did. The reaction that we are seeing surprises me as the numbers I used, and also wrote on one or more threads on here, look like being about right.
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4488
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 11:11 am

The upside for the UK fans is that in the 2018/19 season there is an agreement in place that midweek games can be streamed live on club websites (but with the Sky exception) in the UK. Games that kick off between the hours of Noon - 17.30 on a Saturday will not be shown.

That means more armchair critics then! LOL

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 Nov 2017, 2:08 am