COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    Rowett and Prutton on FB.......

    Share
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 13797
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 15431
    Age : 63
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Rowett and Prutton on FB.......

    Post by MadAmster on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 3:35 pm

    Very open and honest answers from GR.

    One of the goals he has been set is to reduce the squad size and reduce the wage levels as it is necessary. We'd all guessed that but now he has come out and said it.

    Another goal, allied to reduced squad size is bringing on Academy players.

    Elsewhere he had sorted the squad in 1 window. That wasn't possible at Derby for financial reasons. He hopes to do more business in January but will probably need next summer as well before he gets close to the club's wishes financially and his own wishes playing wise.

    When asked about GT he said GT is training with the squad and looking as fit as he's ever been. Only a run of matches will get him match fit. It sounded like he thinks GT is ready now. Might we see him Sunday? I hope we do as BJs replacement.
    avatar
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11216
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 13603
    Location : Doghouse

    Re: Rowett and Prutton on FB.......

    Post by Loughborough Ram on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 6:16 pm

    George and who? It would kill us to have a midfield three of Huddlestone, Leadley and Thorne. Personally I'd sooner have a fit Thorne ahead of Huddlestone but I'm just praying that we don't go too defensive or we'll get done.
    avatar
    thatguyfromderby

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1994
    Number of posts : 4346
    Registration date : 2009-02-25
    Points : 4645

    Re: Rowett and Prutton on FB.......

    Post by thatguyfromderby on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 6:53 pm

    Can't wait to have GT back, but I'm not sure most of us will be able to take the anxiety of seeing any red dog coming near him with a tackle on the pitch.
    avatar
    valakari

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1465
    Registration date : 2011-10-22
    Points : 1564
    Age : 50
    Location : Derby

    Re: Rowett and Prutton on FB.......

    Post by valakari on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 8:12 pm

    i THINK GEORGE WILL BE ON THE BENCH...JUST A GUESS
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23111
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27727
    Age : 57
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: Rowett and Prutton on FB.......

    Post by New England Ram on Wed 11 Oct 2017, 11:17 am

    I'm not going to hang any of my hopes on GT.
    He will have to go on some kind of iron man run of consecutive games before I will ever be convinced that our team can revolve around him doing a job.
    His fittest ever is still going to look slow imo.
    To join all our other slow !



    avatar
    bramhallram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3720
    Registration date : 2010-10-05
    Points : 3959
    Age : 67
    Location : Bramhall

    Re: Rowett and Prutton on FB.......

    Post by bramhallram on Wed 11 Oct 2017, 1:50 pm

    Personally, I wouldn't risk GT against the red dogs. They will target him from the start safe in the knowledge that their reckless tackles will go unpunished and I can only see it ending in tears.

    Save him for a less frantic game.

    .
    avatar
    asotrsott

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Derby V Telford Utd 1984
    Number of posts : 387
    Registration date : 2013-07-05
    Points : 398
    Age : 46
    Location : Derby

    Re: Rowett and Prutton on FB.......

    Post by asotrsott on Wed 11 Oct 2017, 6:04 pm

    Brakno Strupar Mk II
    avatar
    SawleyRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4488
    Registration date : 2011-01-11
    Points : 6011
    Age : 69
    Location : Username gives it away!

    Re: Rowett and Prutton on FB.......

    Post by SawleyRam on Wed 11 Oct 2017, 9:56 pm

    asotrsott wrote:Brakno Strupar Mk II

    And for those of the "more experienced" generation, Terry Hennessy Mk II
    avatar
    bramhallram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3720
    Registration date : 2010-10-05
    Points : 3959
    Age : 67
    Location : Bramhall

    Re: Rowett and Prutton on FB.......

    Post by bramhallram on Wed 11 Oct 2017, 10:07 pm

    SawleyRam wrote:
    asotrsott wrote:Brakno Strupar Mk II

    And for those of the "more experienced" generation, Terry Hennessy Mk II

    I remember him well, Sawley. A very classy player but never really fit. Not sure how he ever passed his medical.

    .
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23111
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27727
    Age : 57
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: Rowett and Prutton on FB.......

    Post by New England Ram on Thu 12 Oct 2017, 4:15 am

    bramhallram wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:
    asotrsott wrote:Brakno Strupar Mk II

    And for those of the "more experienced" generation, Terry Hennessy Mk II

    I remember him well, Sawley. A very classy player but never really fit. Not sure how he ever passed his medical.

    .

    Didn't particularly look like a footballer imo.
    But he was quality when fit.



    avatar
    SawleyRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4488
    Registration date : 2011-01-11
    Points : 6011
    Age : 69
    Location : Username gives it away!

    Re: Rowett and Prutton on FB.......

    Post by SawleyRam on Thu 12 Oct 2017, 10:59 am

    New England Ram wrote:
    bramhallram wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:
    asotrsott wrote:Brakno Strupar Mk II

    And for those of the "more experienced" generation, Terry Hennessy Mk II

    I remember him well, Sawley. A very classy player but never really fit. Not sure how he ever passed his medical.

    .

    Didn't particularly look like a footballer imo.
    But he was quality when fit.

    Terry was bought in for a position that played just in front of the defence, what is now known as a defensive midfielder (sound familiar?) A good knowledge of the game, a great tackler and a superb header of the ball. Unfortunately Hennessy only played in 63 games over 3 years for the Rams (sound familiar?) before injury forced him into retirement.
    avatar
    oderoger

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1955
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2013-07-23
    Points : 5
    Location : mickleover

    Rowett and Prutton on FB

    Post by oderoger on Thu 12 Oct 2017, 4:26 pm

    what I remember best about Hennessey was his outrageous body swerve when he sold an opposing player a dummy.
    avatar
    Stockport Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5346
    Registration date : 2010-03-22
    Points : 5910
    Age : 52
    Location : That's a toughie.......

    Re: Rowett and Prutton on FB.......

    Post by Stockport Ram on Thu 12 Oct 2017, 7:18 pm

    SawleyRam wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:
    bramhallram wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:
    asotrsott wrote:Brakno Strupar Mk II

    And for those of the "more experienced" generation, Terry Hennessy Mk II

    I remember him well, Sawley. A very classy player but never really fit. Not sure how he ever passed his medical.

    .

    Didn't particularly look like a footballer imo.
    But he was quality when fit.

    Terry was bought in for a position that played just in front of the defence, what is now known as a defensive midfielder (sound familiar?) A good knowledge of the game, a great tackler and a superb header of the ball. Unfortunately Hennessy only played in 63 games over 3 years for the Rams (sound familiar?) before injury forced him into retirement.


    Two things come to mind:


    1. I wonder if that's all George Thorne's own hair?


    and

    2. Has anyone actually seen George and Terry in the same room??


    (this game really does need to come around quickly.....) Rolling Eyes
    avatar
    SawleyRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4488
    Registration date : 2011-01-11
    Points : 6011
    Age : 69
    Location : Username gives it away!

    Re: Rowett and Prutton on FB.......

    Post by SawleyRam on Thu 12 Oct 2017, 10:51 pm

    Stockport Ram wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:
    bramhallram wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:
    asotrsott wrote:Brakno Strupar Mk II

    And for those of the "more experienced" generation, Terry Hennessy Mk II

    I remember him well, Sawley. A very classy player but never really fit. Not sure how he ever passed his medical.

    .

    Didn't particularly look like a footballer imo.
    But he was quality when fit.

    Terry was bought in for a position that played just in front of the defence, what is now known as a defensive midfielder (sound familiar?) A good knowledge of the game, a great tackler and a superb header of the ball. Unfortunately Hennessy only played in 63 games over 3 years for the Rams (sound familiar?) before injury forced him into retirement.


    Two things come to mind:


    1.  I wonder if that's all George Thorne's own hair?


    and  

    2. Has anyone actually seen George and Teginalrry in the same room??


    (this game really does need to come around quickly.....) Rolling Eyes

    I think Hennessy was one of the original skin head type footballer.
    avatar
    bramhallram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3720
    Registration date : 2010-10-05
    Points : 3959
    Age : 67
    Location : Bramhall

    Re: Rowett and Prutton on FB.......

    Post by bramhallram on Fri 13 Oct 2017, 5:31 pm

    TH looked like a bank manager on his day off, until he made a tackle.

    Shame we was so injury prone.

    .

    Sponsored content

    Re: Rowett and Prutton on FB.......

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon 20 Nov 2017, 2:15 am