COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life

Is this the beginning of the end for QPR?

RRC
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 16339
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Re: Is this the beginning of the end for QPR?

Post by RRC on Fri 27 Oct 2017, 3:37 pm

bramhallram wrote:
    MadAmster wrote:
    rob wrote:automatic relegation to the bottom tier and a 20 point deduction would hurt them far more than a fine

Bottom tier? Do you mean bottom tier of the professional game, as happened in Scotland with the 'Gers or to the bottom of the English pyramid, tier 12 or 13 or however many we have?

As the authorities have already imposed, subject to appeal, a £40M fine, I don't see relegation and points deducted appearing on the agenda.

Relegation and points deducted won't happen. As for the £40m fine, that will be reduced on appeal and they will be allowed to pay it over a number of seasons. Net effect on QPR ? Nothing major.  

QPR got into the Premiership by breaking the FFP rules. At the very least they should be made to pay back the money they got from being in the Premiership for that one season. It would be a lot more than £40m.

You may be right but QPR have rather cut the ground from under their feet
    by agreeing to submit to arbitration by an independent panel of QCs.

Who are they going to appeal to now? UEFA (which invented FFP)?
    The Court of Arbitration for Sport tends to rule in favour of official bodies' rules.

English courts may not to see much merit QPR's case for breaking well-publicised rules.
    Nobody forced them to compete and, by doing so, didn't they in effect agree to the rules?
    The idea that the fine is out of proportion to the unfair financial advantage they gained
    seems like a non-starter too. It all looks a lot like fraud to me, but then I'm not a lawyer.

What if a club decides it doesn't like new offside rules, or the time scales applied to bans for
    red and yellow cards, would it be OK for them to ignore those rules to gain an advantage?

Current date/time is Mon 19 Nov 2018, 12:01 pm