Pick your team for the BORO Game.

RoytheRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Southampton-(home) 1965, lost 3-0
    Number of posts : 1013
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

Pick your team for the BORO Game.

Post by RoytheRam on Thu 23 Nov 2017, 9:55 am

When the GTS for Boro game opens up I'd like to record a 1-0 win for the Rams.
    I've a sneaky feeling that we're due to put one on them! Not expecting a footballing spectacle but I think we'll come away happy! I'd be a lot happier if GR stopped trying to find reasons why he should not pick GT. Surely even the most inapt manager knows you should play your best players. George is our BEST player and is now as fit as he's going to get without regular matches! The trouble is he isn't a Rowett type of player, why he doesn't just come out and say it is beyond me! Regardless he is a great asset of the club who through no fault of his own has not been able to play the games he undoubtedly would have and we can only imagine how different things would be now but given the fact he is now available he should be in and starting to repay the club and fans for the best part of 2 years watching us all suffer the ups and downs we've had!
    rob

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2156
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Re: Pick your team for the BORO Game.

Post by rob on Thu 23 Nov 2017, 11:28 am

play him - at least until he breaks again... (hope not) - at least you are putting him in the shop window for January if you don't want him around...
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4664
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Thu 23 Nov 2017, 12:19 pm

RoytheRam wrote:When the GTS for Boro game opens up I'd like to record a 1-0 win for the Rams.
    I've a sneaky feeling that we're due to put one on them! Not expecting a footballing spectacle but I think we'll come away happy! I'd be a lot happier if GR stopped trying to find reasons why he should not pick GT. Surely even the most inapt manager knows you should play your best players. George is our BEST player and is now as fit as he's going to get without regular matches! The trouble is he isn't a Rowett type of player, why he doesn't just come out and say it is beyond me! Regardless he is a great asset of the club who through no fault of his own has not been able to play the games he undoubtedly would have and we can only imagine how different things would be now but given the fact he is now available he should be in and starting to repay the club and fans for the best part of 2 years watching us all suffer the ups and downs we've had!

I agree with some of what you have said Roy but I agree more with GR. GT is Rowetts' kind of player but has to have more time until he starts. When George came on against QPR he looked as though he was running through mud, his cameo was great but the need for more sub appearances is apparent before a starting place can be secured.
    KeoghKeogh

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 609
    Registration date : 2015-12-30

Post by KeoghKeogh on Thu 23 Nov 2017, 6:56 pm

I'd be tempted to pick GT over TH now - but I doubt that GR will do so.

Whether or not the Middlesborough game is the one to make the bold change I'm also not sure.

If not v Boro, GT should start v Ipswich next Tuesday
    rjrules71

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : plymouth argyle 1964-65
    Number of posts : 4357
    Registration date : 2009-05-15

Post by rjrules71 on Thu 23 Nov 2017, 7:20 pm

KeoghKeogh wrote:I'd be tempted to pick GT over TH now - but I doubt that GR will do so.

Whether or not the Middlesborough game is the one to make the bold change I'm also not sure.

NOOOOOOOOO Bad Karma man Ambulance
    bramhallram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3789
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Post by bramhallram on Fri 24 Nov 2017, 8:57 am

rjrules71 wrote:
    KeoghKeogh wrote:I'd be tempted to pick GT over TH now - but I doubt that GR will do so.

NOOOOOOOOO Bad Karma man Ambulance

As it was one of McCarthy's cloggers who broke GT's leg, I'd have thought Ipswich would be the last team GT would fancy starting against.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 19 Feb 2018, 11:44 am