COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    FA cup 3rd round 2018

    Share
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 14026
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 15715
    Age : 63
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: FA cup 3rd round 2018

    Post by MadAmster on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 9:04 am

    A friend of mine booked a Saturday morning flight in from Ireland. 2 hours later the news came out that the game had been moved to the Friday night. That is going to cost him more money to change the flight.

    £45 a ticket? No great surprise. They have to recoup the lost TV revenue after 58 straight televised FA Cup ties somehow. My opinion is that it will bite them on the 'arris as not many Rams will make the trip.


    Last edited by MadAmster on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 14026
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 15715
    Age : 63
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: FA cup 3rd round 2018

    Post by MadAmster on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 9:05 am

    deleted.


    Last edited by MadAmster on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    outsider

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : hereford v derby friendly 1980
    Number of posts : 1093
    Registration date : 2014-07-30
    Points : 1149
    Age : 54
    Location : Naas, Rep of Ireland

    Re: FA cup 3rd round 2018

    Post by outsider on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 11:11 am

    Flights booked for Saturday morning lost
    Flights and hotel extra cost
    Hotel for the night
    45 ticket
    All after Xmas and new year.


    F@#k you United



    avatar
    SawleyRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4599
    Registration date : 2011-01-11
    Points : 6167
    Age : 70
    Location : Username gives it away!

    Re: FA cup 3rd round 2018

    Post by SawleyRam on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 12:57 pm

    outsider wrote:Flights booked for Saturday morning lost
    Flights and hotel extra cost
    Hotel for the night
    45 ticket
    All after Xmas and new year.


    F@#k you United




    And in all probability you will be paying £45 to see MU reserves. Rage
    avatar
    bramhallram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3770
    Registration date : 2010-10-05
    Points : 4015
    Age : 67
    Location : Bramhall

    Re: FA cup 3rd round 2018

    Post by bramhallram on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 9:07 am

    SawleyRam wrote:
    outsider wrote:Flights booked for Saturday morning lost
    Flights and hotel extra cost
    Hotel for the night
    45 ticket
    All after Xmas and new year.


    F@#k you United




    And in all probability you will be paying £45 to see MU reserves. Rage

    I can't see it being their reserve side, Sawley.

    In an ironical twist on the old cliche "Oh well, now we can focus on the League" trotted out when teams get knocked out the Cup, yesterday's defeat guarantees Mourinho will put out his strongest side against us in his desperation to win the FA Cup.

    He craves trophies and he won't be winning the PL any time soon.

    .
    avatar
    rob

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2126
    Registration date : 2011-06-07
    Points : 2254
    Age : 49
    Location : Barleythorpe

    Re: FA cup 3rd round 2018

    Post by rob on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 9:57 am

    My step brother has season tickets for himself and his son - they offered me them as they are off skiing and I was going to take my dad - no way I can do a Friday evening though!

    B'stards
    avatar
    Jackal

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1982
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 669
    Registration date : 2014-09-08
    Points : 738
    Age : 35
    Location : Worksop

    Re: FA cup 3rd round 2018

    Post by Jackal on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 11:14 pm

    Tickets for the game have been reduced to £30 for Rams season ticket holders.
    avatar
    Stockport Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5438
    Registration date : 2010-03-22
    Points : 6016
    Age : 52
    Location : That's a toughie.......

    Re: FA cup 3rd round 2018

    Post by Stockport Ram on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 11:36 pm

    bramhallram wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:
    outsider wrote:Flights booked for Saturday morning lost
    Flights and hotel extra cost
    Hotel for the night
    45 ticket
    All after Xmas and new year.


    F@#k you United




    And in all probability you will be paying £45 to see MU reserves. Rage

    I can't see it being their reserve side, Sawley.

    In an ironical twist on the old cliche "Oh well, now we can focus on the League" trotted out when teams get knocked out the Cup, yesterday's defeat guarantees Mourinho will put out his strongest side against us in his desperation to win the FA Cup.

    He craves trophies and he won't be winning the PL any time soon.


    .


    In the words of Dick Emery: "Oooh, I do hope so".
    avatar
    rjrules71

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : plymouth argyle 1964-65
    Number of posts : 4332
    Registration date : 2009-05-15
    Points : 5379
    Age : 60
    Location : donington sur le mire

    Re: FA cup 3rd round 2018

    Post by rjrules71 on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 6:33 am

    ST's get subsidy to £30 according to the OS
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 14026
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 15715
    Age : 63
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: FA cup 3rd round 2018

    Post by MadAmster on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 8:00 am

    rjrules71 wrote:ST's get subsidy to £30 according to the OS

    .... but not the rest of us. Nice gesture by Mel, again.

    Time the FA copied the PL lead and kept prices for away fans down to a max of £30
    avatar
    outsider

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : hereford v derby friendly 1980
    Number of posts : 1093
    Registration date : 2014-07-30
    Points : 1149
    Age : 54
    Location : Naas, Rep of Ireland

    Re: FA cup 3rd round 2018

    Post by outsider on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 9:28 am

    MadAmster wrote:
    rjrules71 wrote:ST's get subsidy to £30 according to the OS

    .... but not the rest of us. Nice gesture by Mel, again.

    Time the FA copied the PL lead and kept prices for away fans down to a max of £30
    still debating to go so have to find some one with season ticket not going me thinks
    avatar
    valakari

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1536
    Registration date : 2011-10-22
    Points : 1638
    Age : 50
    Location : Derby

    Re: FA cup 3rd round 2018

    Post by valakari on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:50 am

    MadAmster wrote:A friend of mine booked a Saturday morning flight in from Ireland. 2 hours later the news came out that the game had been moved to the Friday night. That is going to cost him more money to change the flight.

    £45 a ticket? No great surprise. They have to recoup the lost TV revenue after 58 straight televised FA Cup ties somehow. My opinion is that it will bite them on the 'arris as not many Rams will make the trip.
    Unfortunately it wont bite them on 'arris or anywhere else for that matter....Derby have to pay for 5500 tickets, regardless of if we sell them or not.... it costs DCFC £247500 for the game!
    Mel is paying a minimum of £82500 in subsides by reducing the tickets from £45 to £30 but if we dont sell them, we still have to pay for them as we requested that many!
    avatar
    outsider

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : hereford v derby friendly 1980
    Number of posts : 1093
    Registration date : 2014-07-30
    Points : 1149
    Age : 54
    Location : Naas, Rep of Ireland

    Re: FA cup 3rd round 2018

    Post by outsider on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:01 am

    valakari wrote:
    MadAmster wrote:A friend of mine booked a Saturday morning flight in from Ireland. 2 hours later the news came out that the game had been moved to the Friday night. That is going to cost him more money to change the flight.

    £45 a ticket? No great surprise. They have to recoup the lost TV revenue after 58 straight televised FA Cup ties somehow. My opinion is that it will bite them on the 'arris as not many Rams will make the trip.
    Unfortunately it wont bite them on 'arris or anywhere else for that matter....Derby have to pay for 5500 tickets, regardless of if we sell them or not.... it costs DCFC £247500 for the game!
    Mel is paying a minimum of £82500 in subsides by reducing the tickets from £45 to £30 but if we dont sell them, we still have to pay for them as we requested that many!
    come closer to the time i would say it will sell out, like my self i said f@#k it not going, but longer i think about it the more i am undecided to yes i will go
    avatar
    outsider

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : hereford v derby friendly 1980
    Number of posts : 1093
    Registration date : 2014-07-30
    Points : 1149
    Age : 54
    Location : Naas, Rep of Ireland

    Re: FA cup 3rd round 2018

    Post by outsider on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 1:13 pm

    any one recommend cheap hotels or an area to stay in manchester for friday night out  Afraid
    avatar
    asotrsott

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Derby V Telford Utd 1984
    Number of posts : 402
    Registration date : 2013-07-05
    Points : 413
    Age : 46
    Location : Derby

    Re: FA cup 3rd round 2018

    Post by asotrsott on Wed 13 Dec 2017, 12:30 am

    Edinburgh!
    avatar
    valakari

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1536
    Registration date : 2011-10-22
    Points : 1638
    Age : 50
    Location : Derby

    Re: FA cup 3rd round 2018

    Post by valakari on Wed 13 Dec 2017, 1:02 am

    Luckily I'll be on holiday...hotels in Manchester put prices up massively when there is a football match in town
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 14026
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 15715
    Age : 63
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: FA cup 3rd round 2018

    Post by MadAmster on Wed 13 Dec 2017, 7:42 am

    valakari wrote:
    Unfortunately it wont bite them on 'arris or anywhere else for that matter....Derby have to pay for 5500 tickets, regardless of if we sell them or not.... it costs DCFC £247500 for the game!
    Mel is paying a minimum of £82500 in subsides by reducing the tickets from £45 to £30 but if we dont sell them, we still have to pay for them as we requested that many!

    That figure would be a maximum val. £45 is the price to adults. Owd buggerz, young uns and others already get a reduced price.
    avatar
    Manchester Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1977
    First ever game : 1980
    Number of posts : 349
    Registration date : 2009-03-02
    Points : 377
    Age : 40
    Location : Manchester

    Re: FA cup 3rd round 2018

    Post by Manchester Ram on Mon 18 Dec 2017, 1:22 pm

    Anyone that is eligible going to have a spare ticket for this? I have been offered a seat in the Stretford end by my boss but under strict orders about any kind of sign I am not a red (he has seen first hand what happened to a boro fan when they let on!)
    avatar
    outsider

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : hereford v derby friendly 1980
    Number of posts : 1093
    Registration date : 2014-07-30
    Points : 1149
    Age : 54
    Location : Naas, Rep of Ireland

    Re: FA cup 3rd round 2018

    Post by outsider on Mon 18 Dec 2017, 2:26 pm

    Manchester Ram wrote:Anyone that is eligible going to have a spare ticket for this? I have been offered a seat in the Stretford end by my boss but under strict orders about any kind of sign I am not a red (he has seen first hand what happened to a boro fan when they let on!)
    I might have spare I'm waiting on my son to decide but it's full whack 45£
    I will know in week for definite
    avatar
    Manchester Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1977
    First ever game : 1980
    Number of posts : 349
    Registration date : 2009-03-02
    Points : 377
    Age : 40
    Location : Manchester

    Re: FA cup 3rd round 2018

    Post by Manchester Ram on Mon 18 Dec 2017, 2:52 pm

    outsider wrote:
    Manchester Ram wrote:Anyone that is eligible going to have a spare ticket for this? I have been offered a seat in the Stretford end by my boss but under strict orders about any kind of sign I am not a red (he has seen first hand what happened to a boro fan when they let on!)
    I might have spare I'm waiting on my son to decide but it's full whack 45£
    I will know in week for definite

    Keep me in the loop, I will deffo take it if its available
    avatar
    outsider

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : hereford v derby friendly 1980
    Number of posts : 1093
    Registration date : 2014-07-30
    Points : 1149
    Age : 54
    Location : Naas, Rep of Ireland

    Re: FA cup 3rd round 2018

    Post by outsider on Mon 18 Dec 2017, 3:14 pm

    Manchester Ram wrote:
    outsider wrote:
    Manchester Ram wrote:Anyone that is eligible going to have a spare ticket for this? I have been offered a seat in the Stretford end by my boss but under strict orders about any kind of sign I am not a red (he has seen first hand what happened to a boro fan when they let on!)
    I might have spare I'm waiting on my son to decide but it's full whack 45£
    I will know in week for definite

    Keep me in the loop, I will deffo take it if its available
    I'm over for millwall so I will know by then. I prob be collecting ticket then so if you there i can pass it on... depending on my son's decision

    Sponsored content

    Re: FA cup 3rd round 2018

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri 19 Jan 2018, 11:33 pm