rob

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2180
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

McClown wants a job

Post by rob on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 2:11 pm

McClaren engine
    Out of management since March earlier this year, Steve McClaren has supplemented his role as coaching consultant with Maccabi Tel Aviv by doing punditry for Sky Sports. And it is there that he delivers his delightfully misguided views on Friday.

“I think there is a lot of perception of foreign coaches coming into our game, coming into the Premier League, Championship and even the first division. Maybe they push out the British coaches.”

Of the last 14 managers to be appointed by clubs in the Premier and Football League, 13 have been British. From Jack Lester and Mark McGhee in League Two, to Richie Wellens and Chris Lucketti in League One, to Steve Cotterill and Nigel Adkins in the Championship, and finally to the recent influx of British managers in the Premier League. If “foreign coaches” are here to “push out the British coaches”, they’re doing a sodding terrible job.

The one outlier of the last 14 managers to be appointed in the Premier and Football League is Claude Puel, who McClaren might have noticed is faring rather well at Leicester. It’s almost as if nationality and ability as a manager does not necessarily correlate.

But of course, for McClaren this is all part of his big pitch for work back in England.

“I’m looking in the future to come back to England soon. I want to manage again, I’m still very ambitious. I feel like I’ve still got a lot more to offer to the game.

“Two spells with Derby proved my experience and worth in the Championship. A coaching career is all about experience. What I like to see looking back at England is the likes of Moyes, Allardyce, Hodgson and Pardew coming back from spells out of the game. With the older coaches, experience is vital.”

“Two spells with Derby proved my experience and worth in the Championship” is a brilliant way of spinning being sacked twice by the same club within 22 months.

Oh, and “experience” might be “vital”, but when your “experience” comprises being sacked from your last three jobs, expertly guiding Newcastle towards relegation in your last Premier League post and winning 22 of your last 71 league games, you might want to point the finger a little closer to home than abroad when wondering why you aren’t getting work.

Clue: It’s not Claude Puel’s fault.
    KeoghKeogh

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 684
    Registration date : 2015-12-30

Re: McClown wants a job

Post by KeoghKeogh on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 7:04 am

'How you say?'

Ushual bolloskh

('I've been here for the six months...')

Current date/time is Thu 19 Apr 2018, 8:20 pm