COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    opinions please

    Share

    Poll

    what will the end of season look like

    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 9 ]
    56% [56%] 
    [ 3 ]
    19% [19%] 
    [ 4 ]
    25% [25%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 

    Total Votes: 16
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 14135
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 15836
    Age : 63
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: opinions please

    Post by MadAmster on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 2:44 pm

    I said weeks ago that I thought Sheff U, although playing well and deserving to be top 2 at the time, were not as good as many thought and that they would get found out sooner or later.

    IMO they have been found out.
    avatar
    baseballer

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1973
    First ever game : Coventry away 1978
    Number of posts : 719
    Registration date : 2009-10-03
    Points : 734

    Re: opinions please

    Post by baseballer on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 7:14 pm

    Wolves nailed on winners. Not sure about "spectacular collapse"
    Bristol City will do just that (hopefully)
    We will finish runners up (2nd)
    avatar
    Stockport Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5484
    Registration date : 2010-03-22
    Points : 6064
    Age : 52
    Location : That's a toughie.......

    Re: opinions please

    Post by Stockport Ram on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 9:53 pm

    I don't think many will argue with my (and others on here) opinion of Bristol City now. They were magnificent tonight.
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 14135
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 15836
    Age : 63
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: opinions please

    Post by MadAmster on Thu 21 Dec 2017, 11:25 am

    Stockport Ram wrote:I don't think many will argue with my (and others on here) opinion of Bristol City now.  They were magnificent tonight.

    What are they going to do when it all goes tits up? Wink
    avatar
    mcsilks

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    First ever game : Early eighties, Sheff Utd in the Pop Side
    Number of posts : 147
    Registration date : 2016-08-14
    Points : 163
    Location : Japan

    Re: opinions please

    Post by mcsilks on Thu 21 Dec 2017, 12:07 pm

    Stockport Ram wrote:I don't think many will argue with my (and others on here) opinion of Bristol City now.  They were magnificent tonight.


    When they thumped us early in the season, I stated on here that they are what I want Derby to be. A team packed with forward thinking players who play with no fear and plenty of desire.

    The reason I am critical of our style of play is because it is the complete opposite of how Bristol City play. They are on the front foot looking to impose their game on the opposition as a pose to Derby who look to stop their opponents playing and take advantage when their attacks break down.


    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 14135
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 15836
    Age : 63
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: opinions please

    Post by MadAmster on Thu 21 Dec 2017, 1:37 pm

    mcsilks wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:I don't think many will argue with my (and others on here) opinion of Bristol City now.  They were magnificent tonight.


    When they thumped us early in the season, I stated on here that they are what I want Derby to be. A team packed with forward thinking players who play with no fear and plenty of desire.

    The reason I am critical of our style of play is because it is the complete opposite of how Bristol City play. They are on the front foot looking to impose their game on the opposition as a pose to Derby who look to stop their opponents playing and take advantage when their attacks break down.



    Aesthetically, I am with you all the way McSilks. However, as RRC and others would say, we are serial failures with that type of "Derby Way". We have entertained, scored almost at will, conceded just as freely, been everybody else's favourite other team to watch on TV and got......... nowhere. This more "businesslike" approach is likely to be more productive IMO. The choice is simple. Unbridled attacking joy or success.

    With my coaches hat on, I think that GR has got it spot on so far. The supporter in me would disagree. GR seems to have opted to make us hard to beat and hit on the counter. Once the squad have fully got the hang of the defensive bit I would hope that we then start to be more Mclaren like in our attacks. GR is solving the biggest problem first and will, I hope, solve the others, one at a time in the future.

    avatar
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11351
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 13779
    Location : Doghouse

    Re: opinions please

    Post by Loughborough Ram on Thu 21 Dec 2017, 4:17 pm

    I agree, we are a work in progress so I think it is a little harsh to judge us at this stage.
    avatar
    Stockport Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5484
    Registration date : 2010-03-22
    Points : 6064
    Age : 52
    Location : That's a toughie.......

    Re: opinions please

    Post by Stockport Ram on Thu 21 Dec 2017, 8:28 pm

    MadAmster wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:I don't think many will argue with my (and others on here) opinion of Bristol City now.  They were magnificent tonight.

    What are they going to do when it all goes tits up? Wink


    Thumbs up

    I think they'll keep abreast of the situation.....
    avatar
    rjrules71

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : plymouth argyle 1964-65
    Number of posts : 4357
    Registration date : 2009-05-15
    Points : 5406
    Age : 61
    Location : donington sur le mire

    Re: opinions please

    Post by rjrules71 on Thu 21 Dec 2017, 8:31 pm

    Stockport Ram wrote:
    MadAmster wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:I don't think many will argue with my (and others on here) opinion of Bristol City now.  They were magnificent tonight.

    What are they going to do when it all goes tits up? Wink


    Thumbs up

    I think they'll keep abreast of the situation.....

    Quite so, they have their Knockers Afraid
    avatar
    Stockport Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5484
    Registration date : 2010-03-22
    Points : 6064
    Age : 52
    Location : That's a toughie.......

    Re: opinions please

    Post by Stockport Ram on Thu 21 Dec 2017, 9:54 pm

    rjrules71 wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:
    MadAmster wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:I don't think many will argue with my (and others on here) opinion of Bristol City now.  They were magnificent tonight.

    What are they going to do when it all goes tits up? Wink


    Thumbs up

    I think they'll keep abreast of the situation.....

    Quite so, they have their Knockers Afraid

    Whatever happens now, after beating Manure last night their season will always bring back good mammaries..... Dunno
    avatar
    SawleyRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4664
    Registration date : 2011-01-11
    Points : 6260
    Age : 70
    Location : Username gives it away!

    Re: opinions please

    Post by SawleyRam on Thu 21 Dec 2017, 10:39 pm

    Stockport Ram wrote:
    rjrules71 wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:
    MadAmster wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:I don't think many will argue with my (and others on here) opinion of Bristol City now.  They were magnificent tonight.

    What are they going to do when it all goes tits up? Wink


    Thumbs up

    I think they'll keep abreast of the situation.....

    Quite so, they have their Knockers Afraid

    Whatever happens now, after beating Manure last night their season will always bring back good mammaries..... Dunno

    Hope there's not going to be any more udder quips of this nature. Sorry
    avatar
    mcsilks

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    First ever game : Early eighties, Sheff Utd in the Pop Side
    Number of posts : 147
    Registration date : 2016-08-14
    Points : 163
    Location : Japan

    Re: opinions please

    Post by mcsilks on Thu 21 Dec 2017, 11:44 pm

    MadAmster wrote:
    mcsilks wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:I don't think many will argue with my (and others on here) opinion of Bristol City now.  They were magnificent tonight.


    When they thumped us early in the season, I stated on here that they are what I want Derby to be. A team packed with forward thinking players who play with no fear and plenty of desire.

    The reason I am critical of our style of play is because it is the complete opposite of how Bristol City play. They are on the front foot looking to impose their game on the opposition as a pose to Derby who look to stop their opponents playing and take advantage when their attacks break down.



    Aesthetically, I am with you all the way McSilks. However, as RRC and others would say, we are serial failures with that type of "Derby Way". We have entertained, scored almost at will, conceded just as freely, been everybody else's favourite other team to watch on TV and got......... nowhere. This more "businesslike" approach is likely to be more productive IMO. The choice is simple. Unbridled attacking joy or success.

    With my coaches hat on, I think that GR has got it spot on so far. The supporter in me would disagree. GR seems to have opted to make us hard to beat and hit on the counter. Once the squad have fully got the hang of the defensive bit I would hope that we then start to be more Mclaren like in our attacks. GR is solving the biggest problem first and will, I hope, solve the others, one at a time in the future.



    GR appears to be modeling our team on Burnley. If you watch their side, they play an almost identical way to the way in which GR is trying to have us play.

    Maybe it is harsh for me to be critical of our playing style, but I am probably old fashioned in wanting to be entertained from this entertainment industry. Winning of course makes me happy even though the process leaves me shouting at the computer (when I am watching the games) in frustration at the style.

    As you say, hopefully he will have us play with a little more flair once we master the defensive side and winning becomes a habit.
    avatar
    Stockport Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5484
    Registration date : 2010-03-22
    Points : 6064
    Age : 52
    Location : That's a toughie.......

    Re: opinions please

    Post by Stockport Ram on Fri 22 Dec 2017, 6:51 am

    mcsilks wrote:
    MadAmster wrote:
    mcsilks wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:I don't think many will argue with my (and others on here) opinion of Bristol City now.  They were magnificent tonight.


    When they thumped us early in the season, I stated on here that they are what I want Derby to be. A team packed with forward thinking players who play with no fear and plenty of desire.

    The reason I am critical of our style of play is because it is the complete opposite of how Bristol City play. They are on the front foot looking to impose their game on the opposition as a pose to Derby who look to stop their opponents playing and take advantage when their attacks break down.



    Aesthetically, I am with you all the way McSilks. However, as RRC and others would say, we are serial failures with that type of "Derby Way". We have entertained, scored almost at will, conceded just as freely, been everybody else's favourite other team to watch on TV and got......... nowhere. This more "businesslike" approach is likely to be more productive IMO. The choice is simple. Unbridled attacking joy or success.

    With my coaches hat on, I think that GR has got it spot on so far. The supporter in me would disagree. GR seems to have opted to make us hard to beat and hit on the counter. Once the squad have fully got the hang of the defensive bit I would hope that we then start to be more Mclaren like in our attacks. GR is solving the biggest problem first and will, I hope, solve the others, one at a time in the future.



    GR appears to be modeling our team on Burnley. If you watch their side, they play an almost identical way to the way in which GR is trying to have us play.

    Maybe it is harsh for me to be critical of our playing style, but I am probably old fashioned in wanting to be entertained from this entertainment industry. Winning of course makes me happy even though the process leaves me shouting at the computer (when I am watching the games) in frustration at the style.

    As you say, hopefully he will have us play with a little more flair once we master the defensive side and winning becomes a habit.


    Spot on is that, mcsilks.

    When they "beat" us 2-0 at Turf Moor as Martin so ridiculously got send off and Jeff's goal even more stupidly chalked off, it was almost a mirror image of our 2-0 win V Villa - although this time the team in claret played more football and lost.
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 14135
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 15836
    Age : 63
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: opinions please

    Post by MadAmster on Fri 22 Dec 2017, 8:57 am

    SawleyRam wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:
    rjrules71 wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:
    MadAmster wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:I don't think many will argue with my (and others on here) opinion of Bristol City now.  They were magnificent tonight.

    What are they going to do when it all goes tits up? Wink


    Thumbs up

    I think they'll keep abreast of the situation.....

    Quite so, they have their Knockers Afraid

    Whatever happens now, after beating Manure last night their season will always bring back good mammaries..... Dunno

    Hope there's not going to be any more udder quips of this nature.
    Sorry

    That would, indeed, be a big boob.
    avatar
    SawleyRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4664
    Registration date : 2011-01-11
    Points : 6260
    Age : 70
    Location : Username gives it away!

    Re: opinions please

    Post by SawleyRam on Fri 22 Dec 2017, 2:34 pm

    MadAmster wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:
    rjrules71 wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:
    MadAmster wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:I don't think many will argue with my (and others on here) opinion of Bristol City now.  They were magnificent tonight.

    What are they going to do when it all goes tits up? Wink


    Thumbs up

    I think they'll keep abreast of the situation.....

    Quite so, they have their Knockers Afraid

    Whatever happens now, after beating Manure last night their season will always bring back good mammaries..... Dunno

    Hope there's not going to be any more udder quips of this nature.
    Sorry

    That would, indeed, be a big boob.

    Talk about milking it!
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 14135
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 15836
    Age : 63
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: opinions please

    Post by MadAmster on Fri 22 Dec 2017, 9:16 pm

    SawleyRam wrote:
    MadAmster wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:
    rjrules71 wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:
    MadAmster wrote:
    Stockport Ram wrote:I don't think many will argue with my (and others on here) opinion of Bristol City now.  They were magnificent tonight.

    What are they going to do when it all goes tits up? Wink


    Thumbs up

    I think they'll keep abreast of the situation.....

    Quite so, they have their Knockers Afraid

    Whatever happens now, after beating Manure last night their season will always bring back good mammaries..... Dunno

    Hope there's not going to be any more udder quips of this nature.
    Sorry

    That would, indeed, be a big boob.

    Talk about milking it!

    .... time to sound that hooter.
    avatar
    rjrules71

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : plymouth argyle 1964-65
    Number of posts : 4357
    Registration date : 2009-05-15
    Points : 5406
    Age : 61
    Location : donington sur le mire

    Re: opinions please

    Post by rjrules71 on Sat 23 Dec 2017, 5:47 pm

    Hope the pap's dont pick up on this Afraid

    Sponsored content

    Re: opinions please

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon 19 Feb 2018, 11:31 am