Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5565
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Re: James McLean

Post by Stockport Ram on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 3:04 pm

Mr McLean's letter to Mr Whelan said a couple of interesting things:

"I am not a war monger, or anti-British, or a terrorist or any of the accusations levelled at me in the past. I am a peaceful guy, I believe everyone should live side by side, whatever their religious or political beliefs.."

and,

"Since last year, I am a father and I want my daughter to grow up in a peaceful world, like any parent."

I don't doubt his sincerity, nor his right to his beliefs, but I wonder if he has ever considered wearing a white poppy?
    Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11438
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 3:30 pm

Apparently West Brom want £15m for McLean
    Calif_Ramette

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 2005
    Number of posts : 2721
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by Calif_Ramette on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 4:09 pm

SawleyRam wrote:
    Calif_Ramette wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:It's not only the poppy issue with McLean he also turned his back on the National Anthem, a showing of deep disrespect. If he does not wish to wear the poppy in whatever games that demands that or dislikes this country that much he disrespects the Anthem he should ask not to play in those games then see how many clubs want to sign him in this country. he is either being hypocritical or using football as a platform for his own agenda.

There is a picture in this article that shows him turning his back on the anthem (5th picture down.)

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-mcclean-new-poppy-snub-9151532

He is Irish, the English National Anthem isn't his anthem. He is being respectful by standing their quietly with his head down and hands folded. Why would he salute a countries anthem that isn't his own?

If a Mexican did that in your country what sort of reception would he get?(No Trumpisms please!)

You mean you don't want to hear how I have the biggest words, the greatest words and Puerto Rico is surrounded by ocean water, BIG ocean water ;) Sorry couldn't resist

Due to the hyper-partisan nature of American politics now he would either be be told to "go home" by one section and the other section wouldn't care.
    Calif_Ramette

Post by Calif_Ramette on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 4:35 pm

I an unreleated question, When yall have a King like you will with Charles at some day, do you just swap out King and Queen for God Save the King/Queen?
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 14331
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 4:56 pm

Calif_Ramette wrote:I an unreleated question, When yall have a King like you will with Charles at some day, do you just swap out King and Queen for God Save the King/Queen?

Yep
    Calif_Ramette

Post by Calif_Ramette on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 6:53 pm

MadAmster wrote:
    Calif_Ramette wrote:I an unreleated question, When yall have a King like you will with Charles at some day, do you just swap out King and Queen for God Save the King/Queen?

Yep

I be learning all kinds of new stuff about you lot today :D
    outsider

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : hereford v derby friendly 1980
    Number of posts : 1172
    Registration date : 2014-07-30

Post by outsider on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 7:28 pm

Calif_Ramette wrote:
    MadAmster wrote:

Yep

I be learning all kinds of new stuff about you lot today :D

Won't be sung on the the red side of the Severn bridge Anger
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4759
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 9:35 pm

Calif_Ramette wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:
    Calif_Ramette wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:It's not only the poppy issue with McLean he also turned his back on the National Anthem, a showing of deep disrespect. If he does not wish to wear the poppy in whatever games that demands that or dislikes this country that much he disrespects the Anthem he should ask not to play in those games then see how many clubs want to sign him in this country. he is either being hypocritical or using football as a platform for his own agenda.

There is a picture in this article that shows him turning his back on the anthem (5th picture down.)

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-mcclean-new-poppy-snub-9151532

He is Irish, the English National Anthem isn't his anthem. He is being respectful by standing their quietly with his head down and hands folded. Why would he salute a countries anthem that isn't his own?

If a Mexican did that in your country what sort of reception would he get?(No Trumpisms please!)

You mean you don't want to hear how I have the biggest words, the greatest words and Puerto Rico is surrounded by ocean water, BIG ocean water ;)  Sorry couldn't resist

Due to the hyper-partisan nature of American politics now he would either be be told to "go home" by one section and the other section wouldn't care.

Welcome to the James McLean thread! Hug
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 14331
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 8:27 am

It's a moot point now. The window has shut.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 19 Apr 2018, 8:11 pm