chicken
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14680
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Re: Johnny Russell

Post by chicken on Sat 28 Apr 2018, 2:47 pm

That explains why lots of his performances left a lot to be desired. He was often slated on here and now he’s apparently the next best thing. Some of his performances were woeful and this interview goes some way to explain why. He didn’t mind his massive pay packet though.

However, I hope he find what he’s looking for in the MLS.
    Calif_Ramette

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 2005
    Number of posts : 2795
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by Calif_Ramette on Sat 28 Apr 2018, 7:57 pm

Loughborough Ram wrote:Whilst I am a big fan of Jonny Russell we shouldn't get too carried away. He has gone from competing for a first team spot in the Championship to the star of the whole league. I'd say that that's a good guage of the standard of the MLS rather than Jonny. He always had speed, desire and fitness at the Rams but now he can get away with his occassional lack of quality.

I wish him all the best, I also wish we could have kept him for the entirity of this season but thats done, so I think that for around half a million we undeniably got great value.

MLS has only been around for 24 years now. The competition is getting better each season. Is up to par to the Championship, no but it has gotten better. What I like is finally the US is using the academy system to get youth players into football. With the decline of American football I would say more kids are going to go in football instead of tackle football which is good.
    Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11586
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram on Sat 28 Apr 2018, 8:23 pm

Oh, don't get me wrong Cal, I wasn't decrying the MLS, just trying to bring some perspective. I hope he continues to do well and I hope that the MLS continues to develop.
    Calif_Ramette

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 2005
    Number of posts : 2795
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by Calif_Ramette on Sat 28 Apr 2018, 8:33 pm

Loughborough Ram wrote:Oh, don't get me wrong Cal, I wasn't decrying the MLS, just trying to bring some perspective. I hope he continues to do well and I hope that the MLS continues to develop.

I figured, I guess as an American I get tired of people deriding MLS. Not that you were doing that. I am like dude the league is young and getting better. The reliance of big named, over the hill talent is going down thank god. I think JR is too good for the MLS but if it helped him find the love of the game again then it did it's job.

Two of the major issues players of the MLS have brought up is the young kids not getting enough time, which I agree with and no promotion/relegation. Most MLS fans are for the prom/relegation system but the owners are not. A couple years ago they totally re-did the Concacaf Champions League which pits team from North America, Central America and the Caribbean. I know with the US missing the World Cup, utterly embarrassing to say the least, US Soccer is having to look at wtf went wrong and how to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23343
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Sun 29 Apr 2018, 2:55 am

In the car having just watched J Russell play against New England.
    Awful game and he looked disinterested and was not involved.
    Hope he’s not thinking of quitting Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 22 Jul 2018, 5:09 pm