Derby 1-1 Norwich reports and comments

MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 14331
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Re: Derby 1-1 Norwich reports and comments

Post by MadAmster on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 6:47 pm

DavesaRam wrote:

In the end it was a bit of magic that led to their goal (which should have stood in my opinion), but only because our decision to play for a 1-0 allowed them to increasingly control the second half.

Foul was made, ref saw it, ref blew for the penalty, the ball fell to a Norwich player who put it in the net.

Everything that happened after the ref blew is irrelevant. He had given the infringement so play stopped. No way could he let the goal stand.

You might argue that he could have waited to see if there was an advantage but had he done that there would have been a huge discussion over why he didn't give the peno immediately......
    valakari

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1698
    Registration date : 2011-10-22

Post by valakari on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 8:13 pm

tell you what..the first pen he left his foot in on Carson and dived...the 2nd one, he flung himself between 2 defenders. it is getting ridiculous, and the reffing is worse than ever. Something needs doing about it..and fast, before they start awarding points for artistic impression!!!
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 14331

Post by MadAmster on Tue 13 Feb 2018, 3:13 pm

What surprised me was that GR spent all week singing the praises of the Anya/Olsson combination down the left and then plumped to play Anya on the right.......

Obviously that's why I never got further than being player/coach at a Dutch 12th tier side.
    CornwallRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6333

Post by CornwallRam on Tue 13 Feb 2018, 4:32 pm

valakari wrote:tell you what..the first pen he left his foot in on Carson and dived...the 2nd one, he flung himself between 2 defenders. it is getting ridiculous, and the reffing is worse than ever. Something needs doing about it..and fast, before they start awarding points for artistic impression!!!

The first one was a pure dive and he should have been booked.

However, about 10 minutes later Keogh wrestled one of their strikers to the ground in the box. That was a stonewall penalty which the ref didn't see.

I also thought that the second one was a penalty.
    Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5565
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Tue 13 Feb 2018, 5:34 pm

CornwallRam wrote:
    valakari wrote:tell you what..the first pen he left his foot in on Carson and dived...the 2nd one, he flung himself between 2 defenders. it is getting ridiculous, and the reffing is worse than ever. Something needs doing about it..and fast, before they start awarding points for artistic impression!!!

However, about 10 minutes later Keogh wrestled one of their strikers to the ground in the box. That was a stonewall penalty which the ref didn't see.

Keogh ? Giving a penalty away?

Tut tut CR, that's like saying Mother Teresa was having an illicit affair with Ronnie Biggs....

I'll post you a small bar of carbolic soap for you to wash your mouth out.....
    DavesaRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Derby 5 Spurs 0
    Number of posts : 928
    Registration date : 2011-10-15

Post by DavesaRam on Tue 13 Feb 2018, 6:02 pm

Stockport Ram wrote:
    CornwallRam wrote:

Keogh ?  Giving a penalty away?

Tut tut CR,  that's like saying Mother Teresa was having an illicit affair with Ronnie Biggs....

I'll post you a small bar of carbolic soap for you to wash your mouth out.....

Keogh did tangle with the striker and cause the two of them to fall over, but if you watch the build up to that incident, you will see that the striker had a right good pull and shove on Keogh to swing him behind the striker, and Keogh's misdemeanours consisted of leaning back into the striker (Doliveira?, it wouldn't surprise me), reaching behind himself to try and keep him in line. It could have been a penalty, but it should have been a free-kick to Derby before that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 19 Apr 2018, 8:12 pm