COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    `Wobble' Has Started

    Share
    avatar
    outsider

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : hereford v derby friendly 1980
    Number of posts : 1328
    Registration date : 2014-07-30
    Points : 1386
    Age : 54
    Location : Naas, Rep of Ireland

    Re: `Wobble' Has Started

    Post by outsider on Fri 16 Feb - 17:48

    I agree he ok says as he see it... didn't sturridge get alot of stick and left after people moaning he was negative about derby when he was only saying truth
    avatar
    DavesaRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Derby 5 Spurs 0
    Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2011-10-15
    Points : 1092
    Age : 61
    Location : Allestree

    Re: `Wobble' Has Started

    Post by DavesaRam on Fri 16 Feb - 18:55

    Jackal wrote:The way I look at it is that if we don't go up this season it won't be the end of the world, so long as we have money to strengthen in the summer for a serious promotion push next season. I just don't want the team to get all the way to the play-off final and lose - there's no worse feeling in football.

    But if we don't go up this season, it will be yet another repeat of all bar one of previous seasons since Maccy boy first arrived.

    There does appear to be a common denominator to all of this, though. I am beginning to wonder if "Free Season Tickets if we get promoted" is Morrision for "Imminent Bottelization". The "drop off" always begins just after said fantastic offer has been made, and a number of the faithful trundle their way to the ticket office and cough up their money several months earlier than they should be required to, and the club has raked in a load of extra cash.

    Me? Cynical? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!





    Oh go then!
    avatar
    valakari

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1789
    Registration date : 2011-10-22
    Points : 1900
    Age : 51
    Location : Derby

    Re: `Wobble' Has Started

    Post by valakari on Sat 17 Feb - 0:21

    My Mrs reckons the players do it on purpose cos they know they will be gone if we go up..now that is cynical
    avatar
    Rams bottom

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : 01-11-1975 against Leeds
    Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2016-10-07
    Points : 74
    Location : Manchester

    Re: `Wobble' Has Started

    Post by Rams bottom on Sat 17 Feb - 9:03

    She has a point!
    avatar
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11579
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 14042
    Location : Doghouse

    Re: `Wobble' Has Started

    Post by Loughborough Ram on Sat 17 Feb - 17:12

    Looks like 2nd is still a chance after todays results. Forget any talk of a wobble, lets pile into the dirtys and regain second spot, put the pressure back on the others.
    avatar
    rjrules71

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : plymouth argyle 1964-65
    Number of posts : 4404
    Registration date : 2009-05-15
    Points : 5466
    Age : 61
    Location : donington sur le mire

    Re: `Wobble' Has Started

    Post by rjrules71 on Sat 17 Feb - 17:32

    Loughborough Ram wrote:Looks like 2nd is still a chance after todays results. Forget any talk of a wobble, lets pile into the dirtys and regain second spot, put the pressure back on the others.

    Villa's turn to "wobble" Thumbs up

    Smash dirty Leeds then Colins lot to"wobble" v Dipswitch then Brizzle, and 2nd place is well back on Pray
    avatar
    DavesaRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Derby 5 Spurs 0
    Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2011-10-15
    Points : 1092
    Age : 61
    Location : Allestree

    Re: `Wobble' Has Started

    Post by DavesaRam on Sat 17 Feb - 17:51

    valakari wrote:My Mrs reckons the players do it on purpose cos they know they will be gone if we go up..now that is cynical

    I would concur - not that she is cynical, although she is, because in my cynicism I have held exactly the same view myself. I believe it is also the reason that Johnny Russell has gone Stateside.
    avatar
    valakari

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1789
    Registration date : 2011-10-22
    Points : 1900
    Age : 51
    Location : Derby

    Re: `Wobble' Has Started

    Post by valakari on Sat 24 Feb - 17:37

    Another 2 points dropped. At least Baird won't be playing for a while. Hopefully nor will Olsson!
    Typical Rowett...sat back on lead and made defensive substition when leading
    avatar
    DavesaRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Derby 5 Spurs 0
    Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2011-10-15
    Points : 1092
    Age : 61
    Location : Allestree

    Re: `Wobble' Has Started

    Post by DavesaRam on Sat 24 Feb - 19:15

    valakari wrote:Another 2 points dropped. At least Baird won't be playing for a while. Hopefully nor will Olsson!
    Typical Rowett...sat back on lead and made defensive substition when leading

    Not dropped, Valakari, thrown away. Anger
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23331
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27969
    Age : 58
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: `Wobble' Has Started

    Post by New England Ram on Sat 24 Feb - 19:36

    valakari wrote:Another 2 points dropped. At least Baird won't be playing for a while. Hopefully nor will Olsson!
    Typical Rowett...sat back on lead and made defensive substition when leading

    Clearly not a fan of Rowett .
    I’m intrigued as to who you would bring in to replace him less than 2 seasons after his appointment . ??



    avatar
    valakari

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1789
    Registration date : 2011-10-22
    Points : 1900
    Age : 51
    Location : Derby

    Re: `Wobble' Has Started

    Post by valakari on Sat 24 Feb - 20:12

    Someone that likes playing attractive football..and plays footballers..not workhorses
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23331
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27969
    Age : 58
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: `Wobble' Has Started

    Post by New England Ram on Sat 24 Feb - 20:14

    valakari wrote:Someone that likes playing attractive football..and plays footballers..not workhorses

    Who ?



    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23331
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27969
    Age : 58
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: `Wobble' Has Started

    Post by New England Ram on Sat 24 Feb - 20:49

    I’m thinking maybe we approach Fergie and see if we can entice him out of retirement .
    Or we take a chance on one of the many former Forest Leeds or Boro managers out there.
    There are many of them to choose from.

    How long has Rowett been here ..18 months 20 months ?

    Club was not right when he took over the team was not right when he took over .
    Something needed changing on and off the field players needed to go and others come in.
    All at a time when our previous reckless spending caught up with us and put the brakes on our transfer activity.
    Not sure what some fans expectations were pre season.
    August I would have been happy with a playoff spot in September ecstatic .
    Second place was a tease but we were always probably a flair player or two away.
    Now I would own up to being SLIGHTLY disappointed if we missed playoffs now.
    But we are not the finished article nor were we 18 months into Brian Cloughs or Dave Mackays reign as managers..
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect that..but the negativity just gets to me.



    avatar
    Calif_Ramette

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 2005
    Number of posts : 2789
    Registration date : 2009-02-25
    Points : 3008
    Age : 40
    Location : Weed, CA USofA

    Re: `Wobble' Has Started

    Post by Calif_Ramette on Sat 24 Feb - 20:52

    I knew when Derby picked me it was never going to be a smooth ride. I will be pissed if we don't make the playoffs though. I just knew second place was a tease so I'm not surprised we are not there nor will be there come seasons end.

    chicken
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14680
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 16141

    Re: `Wobble' Has Started

    Post by chicken on Sat 24 Feb - 20:59

    New England Ram wrote:I’m thinking maybe we approach Fergie and see if we can entice him out of retirement .
    Or we take a chance on one of the many former Forest Leeds or Boro managers out there.
    There are many of them to choose from.

    How long has Rowett been here ..18 months 20 months ?

    Club was not right when he took over the team was not right when he took over .
    Something needed changing on and off the field players  needed to go and others come in.
    All at a time when our previous reckless spending caught up with us and put the brakes on our transfer activity.
    Not sure what some fans expectations were pre season.
    August I would have been happy with a playoff spot in September ecstatic .
    Second place was a tease but we were always probably a flair player or two away.
    Now I would own up to being SLIGHTLY disappointed if we missed playoffs now.
    But we are not the finished article nor were we 18 months into Brian Cloughs or Dave Mackays reign as managers..
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect that..but the negativity just gets to me.

    This post!

    Anyone wanting Rowett out at this point needs to go and support a different team.
    avatar
    Calif_Ramette

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 2005
    Number of posts : 2789
    Registration date : 2009-02-25
    Points : 3008
    Age : 40
    Location : Weed, CA USofA

    Re: `Wobble' Has Started

    Post by Calif_Ramette on Sat 24 Feb - 21:02

    Oh and if you think getting rid of Rowett is the way to do what the hell? How is changing managers every season going to get us better football and promoted. At some point you need stability instead of a merry go round of managers.
    avatar
    SawleyRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4845
    Registration date : 2011-01-11
    Points : 6514
    Age : 70
    Location : Username gives it away!

    Re: `Wobble' Has Started

    Post by SawleyRam on Sun 25 Feb - 2:05

    It's the merry-go-round of managers that has got us to this predicament in the first place and GR has been able to apply the sticky plaster and make us look better.

    We have not yet succeeded or by the same rule neither have we failed.

    Let's stick with the same manager and read the end chapter.

    COYRS
    avatar
    valakari

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1789
    Registration date : 2011-10-22
    Points : 1900
    Age : 51
    Location : Derby

    Re: `Wobble' Has Started

    Post by valakari on Sun 25 Feb - 7:54

    Once upon a long time ago a certain Tommy Docherty came to manage DCFC. Within a year or so..he transformed our squad from FA Cup semi finalists to relegation fodder, stripping out our better players and bringing in some journeyman...sound familiar...Hughes, Ince, Bryson, Martin....replaced by Ledley, Jerome, Winnall...really!!!lucky escape we also nearly got Kieftenbeld ...my god....
    avatar
    mcsilks

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    First ever game : Early eighties, Sheff Utd in the Pop Side
    Number of posts : 279
    Registration date : 2016-08-14
    Points : 301
    Location : Japan

    Re: `Wobble' Has Started

    Post by mcsilks on Sun 25 Feb - 9:48

    GR is doing a damned good job getting the best out of these players. I question the business he has done in the transfer market, but he should be allowed time.

    Should we finish in the top 8 this season, then that is probably a decent job. Anything above that would be a good job.

    The biggest reservation I have about GR is his dour playing style. The Brum fans didn't like it, and unfortunately, he has brought this to Derby. It's all well and good while it's bringing results, but it's pretty clear that now the results are beginning to turn, the fans won't give him the time.

    The attendances at PP must be a concern to our owners and this has to be down to the product on the pitch.


    chicken
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14680
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 16141

    Re: `Wobble' Has Started

    Post by chicken on Sun 25 Feb - 10:12

    valakari wrote:Once upon a long time ago a certain Tommy Docherty came to manage DCFC. Within a year or so..he transformed our squad from FA Cup semi finalists to relegation fodder, stripping out our better players and bringing in some journeyman...sound familiar...Hughes, Ince, Bryson, Martin....replaced by Ledley, Jerome, Winnall...really!!!lucky escape we also nearly got Kieftenbeld ...my god....

    Tommy Docherty, what’s he got to do with anything? No it doesn’t sound familiar. Last time I looked we were 4th from top, not 2nd bottom.

    As for Hughes and Ince, they wanted to leave. What’s Rowett supposed to do there then? Bryson wasn’t in his plans, nor did he play much under the manager before and Martin was only here due to McClaren’s obsession and stupidity.

    Ledley is a class footballer as is Winnall whose goals to minutes played ratio is great. How you can deny that is beyond me.

    chicken
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14680
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 16141

    Re: `Wobble' Has Started

    Post by chicken on Sun 25 Feb - 10:13

    mcsilks wrote:GR is doing a damned good job getting the best out of these players. I question the business he has done in the transfer market, but he should be allowed time.

    Should we finish in the top 8 this season, then that is probably a decent job. Anything above that would be a good job.

    The biggest reservation I have about GR is his dour playing style. The Brum fans didn't like it, and unfortunately, he has brought this to Derby. It's all well and good while it's bringing results, but it's pretty clear that now the results are beginning to turn, the fans won't give him the time.

    The attendances at PP must be a concern to our owners and this has to be down to the product on the pitch.


    The same Brum fans who want him back? It’s people like you who won’t give him time.
    avatar
    Stockport Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5658
    Registration date : 2010-03-22
    Points : 6254
    Age : 52
    Location : That's a toughie.......

    Re: `Wobble' Has Started

    Post by Stockport Ram on Sun 25 Feb - 12:03

    Time to take a deep breath.

    Ahhh. Top six. Still. Its March next week.


    If someone had offered me that in August I would have snatched their hand off. If anyone on here genuinely thought differently, I'd question their sanity.

    We've been spoilt with the results since October (if not with the football), but it annoys me immensely when some of our own seem to think that we have a divine right to play like Brazil. That's the sort of arrogance I hate in Manure fans.


    We have weaknesses, granted - but without Vydra starting, the doom merchants would have been shouting "Where are the goals coming from?" - yet we scored three.


    Bristol City, whom I still think are the best footballing team in the division, have been giving away leads like confetti recently, and I don't see their fans questioning their manager.

    We are the fourth best team in the division. Only Wolves have lost fewer games.


    I'm as frustrated and angry as the rest of you on here - If I had a cat, it would have been kicked to the end of the garden and back yesterday (metaphorically speaking - no cats were harmed in the making of this post) - but please lets keep some perspective on things.
    avatar
    mcsilks

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    First ever game : Early eighties, Sheff Utd in the Pop Side
    Number of posts : 279
    Registration date : 2016-08-14
    Points : 301
    Location : Japan

    Re: `Wobble' Has Started

    Post by mcsilks on Sun 25 Feb - 12:10

    chicken wrote:
    mcsilks wrote:GR is doing a damned good job getting the best out of these players. I question the business he has done in the transfer market, but he should be allowed time.

    Should we finish in the top 8 this season, then that is probably a decent job. Anything above that would be a good job.

    The biggest reservation I have about GR is his dour playing style. The Brum fans didn't like it, and unfortunately, he has brought this to Derby. It's all well and good while it's bringing results, but it's pretty clear that now the results are beginning to turn, the fans won't give him the time.

    The attendances at PP must be a concern to our owners and this has to be down to the product on the pitch.


    The same Brum fans who want him back? It’s people like you who won’t give him time.


    You clearly didn't read my post. I said 'he should be allowed time'.

    The Brum fans might well want him back now, but at the time, a large and vocal group were glad to see the back of GR because of his rather dour tactics.

    chicken
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14680
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 16141

    Re: `Wobble' Has Started

    Post by chicken on Sun 25 Feb - 13:15

    Stockport Ram wrote:Time to take a deep breath.

    Ahhh.  Top six.  Still.  Its March next week.


    If someone had offered me that in August I  would have snatched their hand off.  If anyone on here genuinely thought differently, I'd question their sanity.

    We've been spoilt with the results since October (if not with the football),  but it annoys me immensely when some of our own seem to think that we have a divine right to play like Brazil.  That's the sort of arrogance I hate in Manure fans.


    We have weaknesses, granted - but without Vydra starting, the doom merchants would have been shouting "Where are the goals coming from?" - yet we scored three.


    Bristol City, whom I still think are the best footballing team in the division, have been giving away leads like confetti recently, and I don't see their fans questioning their manager.

    We are the fourth best team in the division.  Only Wolves have lost fewer games.


    I'm as frustrated and angry as the rest of you on here - If I had a cat, it would have been kicked to the end of the garden and back yesterday (metaphorically speaking - no cats were harmed in the making of this post) - but please lets keep some perspective on things.

    Excellent post.
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23331
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27969
    Age : 58
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: `Wobble' Has Started

    Post by New England Ram on Sun 25 Feb - 13:52

    valakari wrote:Once upon a long time ago a certain Tommy Docherty came to manage DCFC. Within a year or so..he transformed our squad from FA Cup semi finalists to relegation fodder, stripping out our better players and bringing in some journeyman...sound familiar...Hughes, Ince, Bryson, Martin....replaced by Ledley, Jerome, Winnall...really!!!lucky escape we also nearly got Kieftenbeld ...my god....

    Your comparing dismantling one of our two greatest teams ever to ringing changes to a team that had had one great half a season and then shit the bed and under achieved the following two !
    Getting rid of names like Todd Gemmill and Rioch to Hughes Ince and Bryson..
    What had Hughes Ince and Bryson accomplished during their time at DCFC ?
    Other than two of the three being accomplished sulkers around the place.

    I will go back to Nigel Clough who came to the club at a time of instability and gave us stability.
    Rowett has come in in a similar position after a run of three or four managers in a five minute period and a shit load of money wasted.
    He has set about rebuilding the squad with clear financial restrictions ( even if the club isn’t owning up to it) and he’s found a way to make us competitive whilst doing it.

    I don’t fear not finishing second I don’t fear not going up.
    I do fear the “want it all yesterday “ brigade will hound Rowett out before he’s given a chance to complete the foundations of a good solid club.




    Sponsored content

    Re: `Wobble' Has Started

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon 16 Jul - 11:05