The run in.

KeoghKeogh

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 700
    Registration date : 2015-12-30

Re: The run in.

Post by KeoghKeogh on Mon 09 Apr 2018, 6:27 am

If GR is able to persist with the current CHs remain fit, I can see us winning our 3 remaining home games plus Burton away. Two optimistic draws in the West Mids may also be possible too.

Unfortunately this may be insufficient to get us into the top 2.

Wolves look nailed on as champions and I'm hopeful that Fulham get second place because I think that we would struggle against them in the play offs.

I'd give us a chance over 2 legs against any of the other sides - if the current CHs stay fit - and that's a big if.

SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4804
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Mon 09 Apr 2018, 9:51 am

We post on this forum because we are not able to play for, manage or own the club that we love. We post dreams and aspirations most being upbeat because that is what we want for our club out of hope rather than knowledge, none of us has a crystal ball.

I know to one or two of us on this forum has played at a decent level and have an insight into the professional world of the footballer, therefore having a small amount of knowledge of the ups and downs of the game and what injuries can really do to a professional sportsman's body.

What disturbs most of us is persistent doom and gloom post that continually pour scorn and cold water over those said dreams without any foundation other than "I say what I think". We all think but happily before we post.

We all have opinions, they are all welcome, but persistent doom and gloom is not helping anybody or anything.
    KeoghKeogh

First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 700
    Registration date : 2015-12-30

Post by KeoghKeogh on Mon 09 Apr 2018, 10:46 am

I thought that I was being a bit over-optimistic to be honest!
    mcsilks

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    First ever game : Early eighties, Sheff Utd in the Pop Side
    Number of posts : 279
    Registration date : 2016-08-14

Post by mcsilks on Mon 09 Apr 2018, 10:56 am

SawleyRam wrote:
    We all have opinions, they are all welcome, but persistent doom and gloom is not helping anybody or anything.

I agree.

There are not many on here that only post doom and gloom fortunately.

Credit when credit's due. I have given plenty to GR this season for the smashing job he has done with what he has at his disposal.
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23268
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Mon 09 Apr 2018, 11:52 am

SawleyRam wrote:We post on this forum because we are not able to play for, manage or own the club that we love. We post dreams and aspirations most being upbeat because that is what we want for our club out of hope rather than knowledge, none of us has a crystal ball.

I know to one or two of us on this forum has played at a decent level and have an insight into the professional world of the footballer, therefore having a small amount of knowledge of the ups and downs of the game and what injuries can really do to a professional sportsman's body.

What disturbs most of us is persistent doom and gloom post that continually pour scorn and cold water over those said dreams without any foundation other than "I say what I think". We all think but happily before we post.

Well said Sawl..

I am by nature a pessimist thanks to my Dad God Bless him.
    So as usual I went into this season with no expectations mid table at best.
    Early form looked like that was the way it was going to turn out.
    Then for what ever reason we were competing and if that was down to team effort and good management or luck as one or two on here will have it.
    I don’t give a crap I am enjoying the fact we are competing for a playoff spot..we are not playing out our season with nothing on the line nor are we a big club sweating on relegation to the third division or what ever they call it now.
    I don’t want someone telling me it’s going to fall apart everyday or that next season will be a disaster if we go up or if we stay down.
    If those things happen I will cross that bridge then..right now I would just like to enjoy the fact we are involved at the right end of the table and when it matters regardless of if we are good enough to be there or not !
    And should it all end badly as some take delight in predicting.
    I will still back Rowett who I think is as dedicated and hardworking as they come to put a team together next season to compete.

outsider

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : hereford v derby friendly 1980
    Number of posts : 1253
    Registration date : 2014-07-30

Post by outsider on Mon 09 Apr 2018, 1:18 pm

what about us blind faith who believe we going to win every thing each year and believe we can win every game celebration

the opposite doom and gloom brigade I suppose Dunno

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
    MadAmster

Number of posts : 14463
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Mon 09 Apr 2018, 3:02 pm

Been on the Guinness again Martin? If not, why not? LOL roll

Personally I am hoping we luck our way, all the way to the premier league Thumbs up

Come on you RAMSSSSSSS!!!
    Mitten State Ram

First ever game : Rams 0 - 2 Norwich, 21/04/1990 BBG
    Number of posts : 760
    Registration date : 2014-05-23

Post by Mitten State Ram on Mon 09 Apr 2018, 3:38 pm

With four of the top six this month then the play-off the month after, if we're promoted at this point we will have deserved it. This has been a frustrating team to watch, but when aren't they? I honestly have no idea what to expect. I hope GR was correct in his post-match comments on Saturday, that they will play without fear at Molinuex on Wednesday. If we can find a point in that fixture, all bets are off. Until then, I could believe we'll do as badly as four points from the remaining six matches, and I could believe we'll do as well as fourteen. Bugger knows.
    outsider

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : hereford v derby friendly 1980
    Number of posts : 1253
    Registration date : 2014-07-30

Post by outsider on Mon 09 Apr 2018, 7:49 pm

MadAmster wrote:Been on the Guinness again Martin? If not, why not?   LOL roll

Personally I am hoping we luck our way, all the way to the premier league Thumbs up

Come on you RAMSSSSSSS!!!

No Guinness for this lad . Just point out that some have doom and gloom and some with over expecting beliefs that we great ... we all have different views even to different take on a game we all have watched.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 25 May 2018, 4:14 am