COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    first 6 minutes of Derby football

    Share
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23341
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27979
    Age : 58
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: first 6 minutes of Derby football

    Post by New England Ram on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 1:53 am

    SawleyRam wrote:I'm not calling anyone in our team for this defeat, we were beaten by a Premiership ready side with some very talented individuals that can also play as a team. We lost away from home against the best side in this division by the proverbial mile.

    Sometimes, just sometimes, you have to hold your hands up and say well done to the better side instead of heading for the culture of blame.

    Come on Sawl get real mate.
    I can’t believe Carson didn’t save the 2nd one.
    In fact I think he should have caught it Wink



    avatar
    Calif_Ramette

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 2005
    Number of posts : 2792
    Registration date : 2009-02-25
    Points : 3011
    Age : 40
    Location : Weed, CA USofA

    Re: first 6 minutes of Derby football

    Post by Calif_Ramette on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 2:32 am

    valakari wrote:
    Calif_Ramette wrote:This is what annoys me, the few times I can see Derby play due to an online stream they play like shite.
    Now you may understand when those of us that go every week tell you we play drab, dour football.....and you think we are being negative! Just honest

    How about no. There is a difference between boring football and shite football which was played against Sunderland. I fully expected them to get beat today which they did. I didnt see boring football, I saw a team being outplayed, two different things.
    avatar
    mcsilks

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    First ever game : Early eighties, Sheff Utd in the Pop Side
    Number of posts : 279
    Registration date : 2016-08-14
    Points : 301
    Location : Japan

    Re: first 6 minutes of Derby football

    Post by mcsilks on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 3:03 am

    New England Ram wrote:But don’t worry Silks..Val ..you and the rest of the negative crew will eventually get your way and get Rowett out.
    And we will pay him and his staff off and hire  another manager and wait for the cycle to begin yet again.
    You make me laugh you have been telling us all season how shit we are and not up to the job.
    Yet you are outraged at our performance at Wolves..what were you expecting ? that we were going to come out playing like Liverpool !
    You have lectured us all long and hard about how inadequate we are so the vast majority of us were well prepared for tonight’s game against one of the two quality teams in this division Fulham being the other.
    So why the outrage you must surely have known the outcome was inevitable.

    I’m pretty convinced now that Trump could drag us all to Nuclear Armageddon tomorrow .
    And between the final mushrooms a certain section of our fan base would be pissing and moaning about the Rams and blaming Rowett.

    But like I said don’t worry because you lot will win out  in the end .

    You just loving making things up don't you NER.

    I have never once said that we should get rid of Rowett. On the contrary, I have stated that I think he is doing a good job with the players he has (albeit he has made some mistakes in the transfer market).

    I am not outraged at any performance. For me, our brand of football has been poor consistently from an aesthetic perspective, and good from one of results.

    Results are what a manager is judged on, so on that front, who can critisize GR.

    That is what I have said all season long. That, and the fact that when we were winning games, most wins came with a large slice of good fortune and ridden luck.

    You can make up what I have said, but I have remained consistent in bemoaning our style. That is it.

    Stop spouting nonsense about what other posters have or haven't said and get yer damned facts right because believe it or not, we actually agree. The club needs stability and the manger is doing just fine. I just wish we were a little more proactive.
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 14629
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 16388
    Age : 64
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: first 6 minutes of Derby football

    Post by MadAmster on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 7:37 am

    First 5 minutes were OK. We were undone by a very good goal. After that we had no idea and no plan B.

    If we are to stick with 1-4-2-3-1 at Burton then the 2 should be Huddlestone and Palmer. We need some pace, energy and givafuquedness there.
    avatar
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11586
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 14051
    Location : Doghouse

    Re: first 6 minutes of Derby football

    Post by Loughborough Ram on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 8:00 am

    Don't forget McSilks, you stated that it would probably be better if we actually lost in the semi finals of the play offs. Now to me, that is the very definition of negativity.
    avatar
    mcsilks

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    First ever game : Early eighties, Sheff Utd in the Pop Side
    Number of posts : 279
    Registration date : 2016-08-14
    Points : 301
    Location : Japan

    Re: first 6 minutes of Derby football

    Post by mcsilks on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 8:59 am

    Loughborough Ram wrote:Don't forget McSilks, you stated that it would probably be better if we actually lost in the semi finals of the play offs. Now to me, that is the very definition of negativity.


    And the reason I stated that was because it would be a backwards step if this current squad were to go up...something to which the majority on here agreed with.

    Cut with your stirring up your nonsense LoughboroughRam.

    avatar
    rob

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2268
    Registration date : 2011-06-07
    Points : 2396
    Age : 49
    Location : Barleythorpe

    Re: first 6 minutes of Derby football

    Post by rob on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 9:05 am

    I never want Derby to lose - but we are in the process of finding our true position in this league - play offs will still be a bonus in my opinion and better than most of us thought at the start of the season. Our destiny is still in our hands - losing to Wolves is no shame - losing to Blunderland 4-1 at home clearly is and anything other than at least 2-0 against Burton will also not be acceptable.

    We need 4 more wins I think - here's to another ride on the DCFC rollercoaster.....
    avatar
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11586
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 14051
    Location : Doghouse

    Re: first 6 minutes of Derby football

    Post by Loughborough Ram on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 9:16 am

    mcsilks wrote:
    Loughborough Ram wrote:Don't forget McSilks, you stated that it would probably be better if we actually lost in the semi finals of the play offs. Now to me, that is the very definition of negativity.


    And the reason I stated that was because it would be a backwards step if this current squad were to go up...something to which the majority on here agreed with.

    Cut with your stirring up your nonsense LoughboroughRam.


    This current squad would get murdered if they went up but it wouldn't be this squad if we go up though. Mel Morris would invest big money to improve the team beyond recognition. It's staying down that would be a backward step because we have already stated that we need to shed players before investing further.

    Negativity is negativity no matter how you want to dress it up.
    avatar
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11586
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 14051
    Location : Doghouse

    Re: first 6 minutes of Derby football

    Post by Loughborough Ram on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 9:22 am

    rob wrote:I never want Derby to lose - but we are in the process of finding our true position in this league - play offs will still be a bonus in my opinion and better than most of us thought at the start of the season.  Our destiny is still in our hands - losing to Wolves is no shame - losing to Blunderland 4-1 at home clearly is and anything other than at least 2-0 against Burton will also not be acceptable.

    We need 4 more wins I think - here's to another ride on the DCFC rollercoaster.....

    When you look at the other teams fixtures 75 points will be enough so thats 2 wins and a draw
    avatar
    mcsilks

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    First ever game : Early eighties, Sheff Utd in the Pop Side
    Number of posts : 279
    Registration date : 2016-08-14
    Points : 301
    Location : Japan

    Re: first 6 minutes of Derby football

    Post by mcsilks on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 9:33 am

    Loughborough Ram wrote:
    mcsilks wrote:
    Loughborough Ram wrote:Don't forget McSilks, you stated that it would probably be better if we actually lost in the semi finals of the play offs. Now to me, that is the very definition of negativity.


    And the reason I stated that was because it would be a backwards step if this current squad were to go up...something to which the majority on here agreed with.

    Cut with your stirring up your nonsense LoughboroughRam.


    This current squad would get murdered if they went up but it wouldn't be this squad if we go up though. Mel Morris would invest big money to improve the team beyond recognition. It's staying down that would be a backward step because we have already stated that we need to shed players before investing further.

    Negativity is negativity no matter how you want to dress it up.


    Promotion can be a backward step. If this side went up (god help me), it would be the worst promoted side since the Premiership began.

    Promoted sides always have the nucleus of a side that could compete at the next level. Do you honestly think we do?

    You cannot change the entire side and hope to be competitive. That's just pie in the sky.

    We need to rebuild in the Championship. I hate that after the money we have spent.
    avatar
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11586
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 14051
    Location : Doghouse

    Re: first 6 minutes of Derby football

    Post by Loughborough Ram on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 9:41 am

    I'd sooner go up and try and stay up than stay down and hope to build a team capable of getting up and staying up because with many teams tomorrow never comes, especially with our fickle fans. Do you really think that Rowett will be given 2 or 3 years to build a squad given the stick he gets now, despite doing better than many, including you, expected.
    avatar
    whestonram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 333
    Registration date : 2010-10-09
    Points : 355
    Location : Sheffield

    Re: first 6 minutes of Derby football

    Post by whestonram on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 9:58 am

    mcsilks wrote:
    Loughborough Ram wrote:Don't forget McSilks, you stated that it would probably be better if we actually lost in the semi finals of the play offs. Now to me, that is the very definition of negativity.


    And the reason I stated that was because it would be a backwards step if this current squad were to go up...something to which the majority on here agreed with.

    Cut with your stirring up your nonsense LoughboroughRam.


    Why do you think that? It seems to me the majority on here want us to go up
    avatar
    mcsilks

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    First ever game : Early eighties, Sheff Utd in the Pop Side
    Number of posts : 279
    Registration date : 2016-08-14
    Points : 301
    Location : Japan

    Re: first 6 minutes of Derby football

    Post by mcsilks on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 10:03 am

    whestonram wrote:
    mcsilks wrote:
    Loughborough Ram wrote:Don't forget McSilks, you stated that it would probably be better if we actually lost in the semi finals of the play offs. Now to me, that is the very definition of negativity.


    And the reason I stated that was because it would be a backwards step if this current squad were to go up...something to which the majority on here agreed with.

    Cut with your stirring up your nonsense LoughboroughRam.


    Why do you think that? It seems to me the majority on here want us to go up


    This is going over old ground and and has all been covered to death on a previous thread.



    avatar
    mcsilks

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    First ever game : Early eighties, Sheff Utd in the Pop Side
    Number of posts : 279
    Registration date : 2016-08-14
    Points : 301
    Location : Japan

    Re: first 6 minutes of Derby football

    Post by mcsilks on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 10:08 am

    Loughborough Ram wrote:I'd sooner go up and try and stay up than stay down and hope to build a team capable of getting up and staying up because with many teams tomorrow never comes, especially with our fickle fans. Do you really think that Rowett will be given 2 or 3 years to build a squad given the stick he gets now, despite doing better than many, including you, expected.


    I wasn't aware that he gets any stick. I think nearly all are behind what he is doing.

    I don't think he'll be given three years as we have a chairman with whom patience is not his biggest virtue.
    avatar
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11586
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 14051
    Location : Doghouse

    Re: first 6 minutes of Derby football

    Post by Loughborough Ram on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 11:10 am

    An impatience fuelled by our fickle fans
    avatar
    mcsilks

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    First ever game : Early eighties, Sheff Utd in the Pop Side
    Number of posts : 279
    Registration date : 2016-08-14
    Points : 301
    Location : Japan

    Re: first 6 minutes of Derby football

    Post by mcsilks on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 12:40 pm

    Loughborough Ram wrote:An impatience fuelled by our fickle fans


    I think that MM is just a little bit stronger than to let himself be controlled by the voices of a minority of disconcerting voices.

    I'm not surprised that some of the fans are fickle.

    I can think of few football clubs fans that have endure the torment and disappointment that DCFC have over the last 20 years.
    avatar
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11586
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 14051
    Location : Doghouse

    Re: first 6 minutes of Derby football

    Post by Loughborough Ram on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 1:43 pm

    Depends on your point of view, I can think of hundreds of clubs that haven't had the great experiences that we have had over the last 20 years, and therein probably lies the difference between you and I
    avatar
    mcsilks

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    First ever game : Early eighties, Sheff Utd in the Pop Side
    Number of posts : 279
    Registration date : 2016-08-14
    Points : 301
    Location : Japan

    Re: first 6 minutes of Derby football

    Post by mcsilks on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 2:07 pm

    Loughborough Ram wrote:Depends on your point of view, I can think of hundreds of clubs that haven't had the great experiences that we have had over the last 20 years, and therein probably lies the difference between you and I


    Can you now.

    Go on then. Just what have we achieved from 1998~present?

    What miraculous ups have the supporters had to cheer about for a club of our supporter base and stature?

    You have said you can think of hundreds of clubs. Go on then.

    I'll even start a thread for you for this one.
    avatar
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11586
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 14051
    Location : Doghouse

    Re: first 6 minutes of Derby football

    Post by Loughborough Ram on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 2:20 pm

    We've had some bad times but there are many clubs who have played the majority of their lives in league 1 or 2 without ever gaining promotion, perennially going nowhere, achieving nothing, at least we've experienced promotions, momentous wins against our big rivals, great cup wins along the way which I have enjoyed far more than I would if we'd had ten years of mid table obscurity in the 'greed is good' Premiersh*t.

    Instead of focussing on what is bad about the Rams I'd much sooner focus on the fact that we are a promotion chasing Championship club which, for the majority of my lifetime, has been our level.
    avatar
    mcsilks

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    First ever game : Early eighties, Sheff Utd in the Pop Side
    Number of posts : 279
    Registration date : 2016-08-14
    Points : 301
    Location : Japan

    Re: first 6 minutes of Derby football

    Post by mcsilks on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 2:27 pm

    Loughborough Ram wrote:We've had some bad times but there are many clubs who have played the majority of their lives in league 1 or 2 without ever gaining promotion, perennially going nowhere, achieving nothing, at least we've experienced promotions, momentous wins against our big rivals, great cup wins along the way which I have enjoyed far more than I would if we'd had ten years of mid table obscurity in the 'greed is good' Premiersh*t.

    Instead of focussing on what is bad about the Rams I'd much sooner focus on the fact that we are a promotion chasing Championship club which, for the majority of my lifetime, has been our level.


    As I said, name the 100.

    Most clubs that are lingering in League 1 and 2 do not have our fans base, stadium, set-up, expectations, etc....so simply cannot be talked about in the same light.

    I said that DCFC have had to suffer over the last 20 years with few highlights. That obviously factors in expectations. Name the 100 LR and be true to your word.

    The Rams fans have a good right to moan about our complete lack of achievement over the last 20 years when we have seen countless clubs with far fewer resources leave us in the distance.
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 14629
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 16388
    Age : 64
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: first 6 minutes of Derby football

    Post by MadAmster on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 4:30 pm

    100 was, I believe, a generalisation rather than a written in stone number. I have listed quite a few down in the doldrums sides of the past 20 years with a great past.

    Promotion? Those who say this current side would get hammered are right but do they really think that with promotion in the bag MM wouldn't get the chequebook out and lose half of this squad and replace them with PL ready players?

    Getting to the PL and becoming an established midtable or better PL side is MM's stated aim. He will know that the squad would need a huge overhaul and will do it when unhindered by FFP in the PL.
    avatar
    whestonram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 333
    Registration date : 2010-10-09
    Points : 355
    Location : Sheffield

    Re: first 6 minutes of Derby football

    Post by whestonram on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 5:36 pm

    mcsilks wrote:
    whestonram wrote:
    mcsilks wrote:
    Loughborough Ram wrote:Don't forget McSilks, you stated that it would probably be better if we actually lost in the semi finals of the play offs. Now to me, that is the very definition of negativity.


    And the reason I stated that was because it would be a backwards step if this current squad were to go up...something to which the majority on here agreed with.

    Cut with your stirring up your nonsense LoughboroughRam.


    Why do you think that? It seems to me the majority on here want us to go up


    This is going over old ground and and has all been covered to death on a previous thread.




    Haha. So even you can't find a justification for what you said. I think that's as close as an admission that you're wrong as we'll see
    avatar
    mcsilks

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    First ever game : Early eighties, Sheff Utd in the Pop Side
    Number of posts : 279
    Registration date : 2016-08-14
    Points : 301
    Location : Japan

    Re: first 6 minutes of Derby football

    Post by mcsilks on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 11:35 pm

    whestonram wrote:
    mcsilks wrote:
    whestonram wrote:
    mcsilks wrote:
    Loughborough Ram wrote:Don't forget McSilks, you stated that it would probably be better if we actually lost in the semi finals of the play offs. Now to me, that is the very definition of negativity.


    And the reason I stated that was because it would be a backwards step if this current squad were to go up...something to which the majority on here agreed with.

    Cut with your stirring up your nonsense LoughboroughRam.


    Why do you think that? It seems to me the majority on here want us to go up


    This is going over old ground and and has all been covered to death on a previous thread.




    Haha. So even you can't find a justification for what you said.  I think that's as close as an admission that you're wrong as we'll see


    Search through the other threads. I am not going to repeat what has been discussed on other threads.

    I am hardly going to admit that I am wrong when I am clearly not.

    The game is all about opinions.

    I will never say that you are wrong because I respect your opinion.

    It may be different to mine, but I respect it.

    You will learn to do that when you grow up.


    avatar
    whestonram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 333
    Registration date : 2010-10-09
    Points : 355
    Location : Sheffield

    Re: first 6 minutes of Derby football

    Post by whestonram on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 11:57 pm

    mcsilks wrote:
    whestonram wrote:
    mcsilks wrote:
    whestonram wrote:
    mcsilks wrote:
    Loughborough Ram wrote:Don't forget McSilks, you stated that it would probably be better if we actually lost in the semi finals of the play offs. Now to me, that is the very definition of negativity.


    And the reason I stated that was because it would be a backwards step if this current squad were to go up...something to which the majority on here agreed with.

    Cut with your stirring up your nonsense LoughboroughRam.


    Why do you think that? It seems to me the majority on here want us to go up


    This is going over old ground and and has all been covered to death on a previous thread.




    Haha. So even you can't find a justification for what you said.  I think that's as close as an admission that you're wrong as we'll see


    Search through the other threads. I am not going to repeat what has been discussed on other threads.

    I am hardly going to admit that I am wrong when I am clearly not.

    The game is all about opinions.

    I will never say that you are wrong because I respect your opinion.

    It may be different to mine, but I respect it.

    You will learn to do that when you grow up.



    You really are offensive, aren't you?
    avatar
    Calif_Ramette

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 2005
    Number of posts : 2792
    Registration date : 2009-02-25
    Points : 3011
    Age : 40
    Location : Weed, CA USofA

    Re: first 6 minutes of Derby football

    Post by Calif_Ramette on Fri 13 Apr 2018, 2:17 am

    whestonram wrote:
    mcsilks wrote:
    whestonram wrote:
    mcsilks wrote:
    whestonram wrote:
    mcsilks wrote:
    Loughborough Ram wrote:Don't forget McSilks, you stated that it would probably be better if we actually lost in the semi finals of the play offs. Now to me, that is the very definition of negativity.


    And the reason I stated that was because it would be a backwards step if this current squad were to go up...something to which the majority on here agreed with.

    Cut with your stirring up your nonsense LoughboroughRam.


    Why do you think that? It seems to me the majority on here want us to go up


    This is going over old ground and and has all been covered to death on a previous thread.




    Haha. So even you can't find a justification for what you said.  I think that's as close as an admission that you're wrong as we'll see


    Search through the other threads. I am not going to repeat what has been discussed on other threads.

    I am hardly going to admit that I am wrong when I am clearly not.

    The game is all about opinions.

    I will never say that you are wrong because I respect your opinion.

    It may be different to mine, but I respect it.

    You will learn to do that when you grow up.



    You really are offensive, aren't you?

    Pretty much, well more annoying. Its his opinion or you are wrong. It gets a bit tiring.

    Sponsored content

    Re: first 6 minutes of Derby football

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri 20 Jul 2018, 7:13 am