COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life

mcsilks' list of COYRs faux pas that we have had to endure this season...

Mucker1884

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10289
    Registration date : 2009-07-22

mcsilks' list of COYRs faux pas that we have had to endure this season...

Post by Mucker1884 on Fri 13 Apr 2018, 2:26 pm

I'm sure the list is endless, and let's face it, without mcsilks' posts to keep us thoroughly entertained this season, all things DCFC 17/18 related could have quite possibly been a tad depressing!

I'll start you off with this little gem... which is an even bigger gem, seeing as the second and third quoted posts actually form the start of a whole brand new shiny thread...

mcsilks wrote:
    Search through the other threads. I am not going to repeat what has been discussed on other threads.

mcsilks wrote:
    Loughborough Ram wrote:Depends on your point of view, I can think of hundreds of clubs that haven't had the great experiences that we have had over the last 20 years, and therein probably lies the difference between you and I

Can you now.

Go on then. Just what have we achieved from 1998~present?

What miraculous ups have the supporters had to cheer about for a club of our supporter base and stature?

You have said you can think of hundreds of clubs. I challenge you to name 100.

mcsilks wrote:
    Loughborough Ram wrote:We've had some bad times but there are many clubs who have played the majority of their lives in league 1 or 2 without ever gaining promotion, perennially going nowhere, achieving nothing, at least we've experienced promotions, momentous wins against our big rivals, great cup wins along the way which I have enjoyed far more than I would if we'd had ten years of mid table obscurity in the 'greed is good' Premiersh*t.

Instead of focussing on what is bad about the Rams I'd much sooner focus on the fact that we are a promotion chasing Championship club which, for the majority of my lifetime, has been our level.

As I said, name the 100.

Most clubs that are lingering in League 1 and 2 do not have our fans base, stadium, set-up, expectations, etc....so simply cannot be talked about in the same light.

I said that DCFC have had to suffer over the last 20 years with few highlights. That obviously factors in expectations. Name the 100 LR and be true to your word.

The Rams fans have a good right to moan about our complete lack of achievement over the last 20 years when we have seen countless clubs with far fewer resources leave us in the distance.

Thanks mcsilks... keep 'em coming!
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23294
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Re: mcsilks' list of COYRs faux pas that we have had to endure this season...

Post by New England Ram on Fri 13 Apr 2018, 10:07 pm

Ambulance dancer Wink

MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 14511
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Sat 14 Apr 2018, 7:36 am

Admit it Muckah, you simply have too much time on your hands ;)
    Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5640
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Sat 14 Apr 2018, 9:30 am

He (or she) has certainly livened things up a bit.

A really good addition to the site IMHO. I don't always agree with his (or her) point of view, but posts are usually reasoned, well though out, and always worth a read.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 18 Jun 2018, 4:42 pm