New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23331
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Re: How long would you give Gary Rowett? POLL

Post by New England Ram on Mon 16 Apr 2018, 9:09 pm

bramhallram wrote:We can't keep sacking managers, so I'd give GR another season and target him on getting more pace, energy and midfield creativity into the team.

He got us to the dizzy height of second in the league at Christmas, so he was getting some things right. I'd like to think that the experience he's gained this season would be put to good use with a better balance of youth and experience.

There are some rubbish ex-managers out there. Be careful what you wish for.

Exactly..regards the energy to be fair to him he did try to add the lad from Brum only to be thwarted by the last minute balls up.
    But maybe not getting him was a good thing.

Calif_Ramette

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 2005
    Number of posts : 2789
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by Calif_Ramette on Mon 16 Apr 2018, 10:29 pm

valakari wrote:You still managed to get Keogh into the conversation. I hope he bumps into you some day...

If he pulled what is rumored then screw him. If not then I still say he plays better w/out the armband.
    rob

First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2265
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Post by rob on Tue 17 Apr 2018, 9:18 am

I've said until December - although with no new signings expecting great things from this team is unrealistic - blood some younger players - make the expensive old men earn their place in the team - and start playing football against the weaker teams
    Calif_Ramette

Post by Calif_Ramette on Tue 17 Apr 2018, 7:35 pm

rob wrote:I've said until December - although with no new signings expecting great things from this team is unrealistic - blood some younger players - make the expensive old men earn their place in the team - and start playing football against the weaker teams

I would be more than happy to be mid-table if we brought in some youngsters and used the younger ones like Hanson we have.
    outsider

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : hereford v derby friendly 1980
    Number of posts : 1328
    Registration date : 2014-07-30

Post by outsider on Tue 17 Apr 2018, 8:04 pm

Calif_Ramette wrote:
    rob wrote:I've said until December - although with no new signings expecting great things from this team is unrealistic - blood some younger players - make the expensive old men earn their place in the team - and start playing football against the weaker teams

I would be more than happy to be mid-table if we brought in some youngsters and used the younger ones like Hanson we have.

You be happy to be mid table by next December????
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 14612
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Tue 17 Apr 2018, 8:14 pm

Midtable in december with a team of young uns who are learning fast....... That's the sort of stuff promotion of the sustainable kind might be made.
    Calif_Ramette

Post by Calif_Ramette on Tue 17 Apr 2018, 8:23 pm

outsider wrote:
    Calif_Ramette wrote:

If we have a younger team of players who are getting better with each match, are hungry and we can build with that, yes I would. I would rather have younger players who are hungry and proud to wear the shirt than some over paid old bottlers who tank at the seasons end.

At least the youngsters would learn, be proud and fight each match. Mix in a few older players to help when needed, yea I would.
    RRC
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 16145
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Post by RRC on Tue 17 Apr 2018, 8:45 pm

outsider wrote:
    Calif_Ramette wrote:

I'd be OK with mid-table too AS LONG AS we've seen some major changes --

-- no more aging midfield pair struggling against midfields of 3, 4 or 5
    -- a Plan B - and even a Plan C -- that takes account of how our opponents play
    -- no more same old, same old substitutions -- we need a variety of player types

I hope Gary Rowett can be a lot more imaginative but I won't bet the house on it.

BTW Fulham were 12th on 31 December -- now they have a chance of automatic promotion.
    On 31 December 2013, Wigan were 14th -- they finished 5th and lost to QPR in the playoffs.

Stockport Ram

First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5658
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Tue 17 Apr 2018, 10:24 pm

The problem is that GR has played the same way at all of his clubs. He has never been at this level before.

I can only hope that he has learned a huge amount in the last three months, because I want him (like every DCFC manager) to succeed.

Momentarily, I'll admit, with the Bluenoses,  but not in real terms - at a club with serious unfulfilled premiership potential.

Let's hope he's a quick learner...
    outsider

Post by outsider on Wed 18 Apr 2018, 8:01 pm

Calif_Ramette wrote:
    outsider wrote:
    Calif_Ramette wrote:

If we have a younger team of players who are getting better with each match, are hungry and we can build with that, yes I would. I would rather have younger players who are hungry and proud to wear the shirt than some over paid old bottlers who tank at the seasons end.

At least the youngsters would learn, be proud and fight each match. Mix in a few older players to help when needed, yea I would.

A step backwards... why not build on the good in the team we close to play offs, we have good keeper 20 goal striker., a defence that was solid early on in the season ... is that not a good start for Gary to build for at least play offs next season not f@#king mid table sure to god???
    Calif_Ramette

Post by Calif_Ramette on Wed 18 Apr 2018, 9:30 pm

outsider wrote:
    Calif_Ramette wrote:
    outsider wrote:
    Calif_Ramette wrote:

A step backwards... why not build on the good in the team we close to play offs, we have good keeper 20 goal striker., a defence that was solid early on in the season ... is that not a good start for Gary to build for at least play offs next season not f@#king mid table sure to god???

How has the slew of older players worked out since Feb? Our defense is shambles against good teams, our midfield is old and slow and we cant get balls to our forwards. Do we a decent nucleus yes and I never said replace the entire team. If this team is all but unchanged next season manages to get promoted will basically have to be gutted to stand a chance in the Prem.

Why not take a seasons change to get in the young blood along with some experience. This team now in its current form is incapable to competing with the best of this division let alone the Prem. Many players, not all, are too old, too slow and on too high wages.

You dont like my take fine but I would rather see this team get younger and learn to play for a season than a fluke promotion with an old team that is going to have to be gutted to stand a chance in the Prem.
    outsider

Post by outsider on Wed 18 Apr 2018, 9:38 pm

Calif_Ramette wrote:
    outsider wrote:
    Calif_Ramette wrote:
    outsider wrote:
    Calif_Ramette wrote:

How has the slew of older players worked out since Feb? Our defense is shambles against good teams, our midfield is old and slow and we cant get balls to our forwards. Do we a decent nucleus yes and I never said replace the entire team. If this team is all but unchanged next season manages to get promoted will basically have to be gutted to stand a chance in the Prem.

Why not take a seasons change to get in the young blood along with some experience. This team now in its current form is incapable to competing with the best of this division let alone the Prem. Many players, not all, are too old, too slow and on too high wages.

You dont like my take fine but I would rather see this team get younger and learn to play for a season than a fluke promotion with an old team that is going to have to be gutted to stand a chance in the Prem.
    Do you think the likes of Carson vydra etc want to spend another couple of seasons in championship ? Or do sell these like we done with Hughes Hendricks ince etc to start another rebuild. We sold these and not replaced with any as close as them.
    I understand you point with the poor transfer dealing bringing in older slower players ...but we been close so often lately but not built on it just moved slowly backwards.
    valakari

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1789
    Registration date : 2011-10-22

Post by valakari on Thu 19 Apr 2018, 12:26 am

Personally in the summer, i'd try to get Stimac as manager and Eranio as 1st team coach..a dream combination that also knows the players in other countries. Stimac has considerable managerial experience and Eranio has considerable coaching experience. Also this would appease ALL the fans and bring some unity..just mine and many people's thoughts I have spoken to over the last few weeks!
    Calif_Ramette

Post by Calif_Ramette on Thu 19 Apr 2018, 3:27 am

valakari wrote:Personally in the summer, i'd try to get Stimac as manager and Eranio as 1st team coach..a dream combination that also knows the players in other countries. Stimac has considerable managerial experience and Eranio has considerable coaching experience. Also this would appease ALL the fans and bring some unity..just mine and many people's thoughts I have spoken to over the last few weeks!

So change managers...again...and again...and again. That is part of the problem and no it wouldn't appease all fans. This managerial, you get one year if that then time to change again is part of the problem. In the past 10 years we have had 8 managers..we dont need to keep changing them. It hasn't done jack to get us promoted.
    outsider

Post by outsider on Thu 19 Apr 2018, 7:08 am

Calif_Ramette wrote:
    valakari wrote:Personally in the summer, i'd try to get Stimac as manager and Eranio as 1st team coach..a dream combination that also knows the players in other countries. Stimac has considerable managerial experience and Eranio has considerable coaching experience. Also this would appease ALL the fans and bring some unity..just mine and many people's thoughts I have spoken to over the last few weeks!

So change managers...again...and again...and again. That is part of the problem and no it wouldn't appease all fans. This managerial, you get one year if that then time to change again is part of the problem. In the past 10 years we have had 8 managers..we dont need to keep changing them. It hasn't done jack to get us promoted.

Agree but 1 walked out 2 left from falling out with players or rumours outside activated. 1 Should not been brought back .. this is down to Mel

I would like rowett to stay I want our team to put in a big effort to finish the season. I don't believe we good enough for promotion but let's put effort and play good football to give a good base to push next season for promotion.... not a mid table finish that's for sure.
    Do you think crowds will still be here if we playing same football and mid table next season..??
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Thu 19 Apr 2018, 7:29 am

If we have 4 young uns on the pitch and 2 or 3 more on the bench then I think the crowds will still be here.

In 2018 we have played 19 games so far and they have produced just 20 points. Do you think that will keep the crowds coming? That is almost half a season and THAT is the form we will be taking into next season.

MM has already intimated that there is little cash for incoming so it will have to be Lowe, Bird, Hanson, Guy, Vernam, Thomas, Elsnik et al to put some pace and givafuquedness into the side.
    Calif_Ramette

Post by Calif_Ramette on Thu 19 Apr 2018, 7:39 am

outsider wrote:
    Calif_Ramette wrote:

Agree but 1 walked out 2 left from falling out with players or rumours outside activated. 1 Should not been brought back .. this is down to Mel

I would like rowett to stay I want our team to put in a big effort to finish the season. I don't believe we good enough for promotion but let's put effort and play good football to give a good base to push next season for promotion.... not a mid table finish that's for sure.
    Do you think crowds will still be here if we playing same football and mid table next season..??

Doesn't change the fact we have been through 8 managers for various reasons.

I would also like to see them make a big push but as long as we are still in contention for the playoffs the youngsters are going to get a chance until next season.

I have seen people on here year after year say they are not renewing due to the type of football, lack of transfers, managers and I think only one has actually not renewed. If I could come see the club week in and week out I would. Yall take for granted you can have the ability to do that, while those of overseas and unable to cross the pond have to hope there is a stream.
    If people stop going then they do and Mel and like will have to deal with it then. It won't change how this season finishes, we are still in the hunt and GR is going to play the old, slow, tired bottlers instead of giving the lineup youth. He may next year but not this one, or if I does I will be shocked.
    Calif_Ramette

Post by Calif_Ramette on Thu 19 Apr 2018, 7:40 am

MadAmster wrote:If we have 4 young uns on the pitch and 2 or 3 more on the bench then I think the crowds will still be here.

In 2018 we have played 19 games so far and they have produced just 20 points. Do you think that will keep the crowds coming? That is almost half a season and THAT is the form we will be taking into next season.

MM has already intimated that there is little cash for incoming so it will have to be Lowe, Bird, Hanson, Guy, Vernam, Thomas, Elsnik et al to put some pace and givafuquedness into the side.

Damnit Ammy, I damn near spit out my drink with the givafuqedness word. I see no reason we shouldn't play the youngins next season. The pace, hunger and desire would be a big boost.
    outsider

Post by outsider on Thu 19 Apr 2018, 9:50 am

Calif_Ramette wrote:
    outsider wrote:
    Calif_Ramette wrote:

I would also like to see them make a big push but as long as we are still in contention for the playoffs the youngsters are going to get a chance until next season.

I have seen people on here year after  year say they are not renewing due to the type of football, lack of transfers, managers and I think only one has actually not renewed. If I could come see the club week in and week out I would. Yall take for granted you can have the ability to do that, while those of overseas and unable to cross the pond have to hope there is a stream.
    If people stop going then they do and Mel and like will have to deal with it then. It won't change how this season finishes, we are still in the hunt and GR is going to play the old, slow, tired bottlers instead of giving the lineup youth. He may next year but not this one, or if I does I will be shocked.
    When ever get over I meet loads in widows and there are alot who are regulars looking faith and fallen out of love with going to games.
    Don't get me wrong I have been blind faith more than others but looking forward to dire mid table football makes it hard to book a flight. But I'm there vilka away and last home game so praying for that hope for next season
    Calif_Ramette

Post by Calif_Ramette on Thu 19 Apr 2018, 7:51 pm

outsider wrote:
    Calif_Ramette wrote:
    outsider wrote:
    Calif_Ramette wrote:

I have seen people on here year after  year say they are not renewing due to the type of football, lack of transfers, managers and I think only one has actually not renewed. If I could come see the club week in and week out I would. Yall take for granted you can have the ability to do that, while those of overseas and unable to cross the pond have to hope there is a stream.
    When ever get over I meet loads in widows and there are alot who are regulars looking faith and fallen out of  love with going to games.
    Don't get me wrong I have been blind faith more than others but looking forward to dire mid table football makes it hard to book a flight.  But I'm there vilka away and last home game so praying for that hope for next season

Mid-table in Dec doesn't mean squat as was already pointed out. Derby have this annoying habit of being either on fire and winning are like now cold and couldn't win if they paid the other squad (not that I am saying do that.) If we could go on a run at seasons end starting from mid-table we could easily be in the mix. Mid-table in Dec is not all gloom and doom.
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Thu 19 Apr 2018, 8:17 pm

Calif_Ramette wrote:

Damnit Ammy, I damn near spit out my drink with the givafuqedness word. I see no reason we shouldn't play the youngins next season. The pace, hunger and desire would be a big boost.

Glad you like it Cal. I coined it about 2 years ago. Impressive word and oh so self explanatory.
    valakari

Post by valakari on Fri 20 Apr 2018, 8:39 am

Ipswich want Rowett...was on Talksport
    RoytheRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Southampton-(home) 1965, lost 3-0
    Number of posts : 1025
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

Post by RoytheRam on Fri 20 Apr 2018, 10:17 am

valakari wrote:Ipswich want Rowett...was on Talksport

Yeah and McArthy fancies us!
    rob

First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2265
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Post by rob on Fri 20 Apr 2018, 2:04 pm

he should have gone to stoke - but the rams are crap at cashing in when assets are at peak value
    valakari

Post by valakari on Sat 21 Apr 2018, 12:37 am

Yes but he has a big contract here now so Ipswich would have to buy it out..and unfortunately they don't have much cash!
    McCarthy plays a similar brand to Rowett so I wouldn't want him..but Stimac and Eranio..maybe with Asanovic too..well that would be nice..even better if the could all still play!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 16 Jul 2018, 3:13 pm