COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    Has he been sacked?

    Share
    avatar
    valakari

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1762
    Registration date : 2011-10-22
    Points : 1873
    Age : 51
    Location : Derby

    Has he been sacked?

    Post by valakari on Sun 22 Apr 2018, 11:41 am

    I hear rumours that Rowett has been sacked...just getting ready to say " i told you so" .....play shit football and win..get away with it, play shit football and lose...well...
    avatar
    whestonram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 328
    Registration date : 2010-10-09
    Points : 350
    Location : Sheffield

    Re: Has he been sacked?

    Post by whestonram on Sun 22 Apr 2018, 12:17 pm

    valakari wrote:I hear rumours that Rowett has been sacked...just getting ready to say " i told you so" .....play shit football and win..get away with it, play shit football and lose...well...
    And if the rumours are wrong?

    I'd save the gloating for now, if I were you
    avatar
    outsider

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : hereford v derby friendly 1980
    Number of posts : 1294
    Registration date : 2014-07-30
    Points : 1351
    Age : 54
    Location : Naas, Rep of Ireland

    Re: Has he been sacked?

    Post by outsider on Sun 22 Apr 2018, 12:20 pm

    If true Mel really needs to take a good look at the way he appoints a manager . I have not been happy with rowett lately but it's more sad news and jump around gloating.
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23294
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27929
    Age : 58
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: Has he been sacked?

    Post by New England Ram on Sun 22 Apr 2018, 1:41 pm

    If he is or has been sacked today I would expect Morris to walk away in the summer as well.



    avatar
    whestonram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 328
    Registration date : 2010-10-09
    Points : 350
    Location : Sheffield

    Re: Has he been sacked?

    Post by whestonram on Sun 22 Apr 2018, 2:14 pm

    New England Ram wrote:If he is or has been sacked today I would expect Morris to walk away in the summer as well.

    Unless he closes the club down, which I suppose is possible, he has to find a buyer rather than just walk away. He can, of course, give up on promotion and run the club for profit, or at least not put any more money in. Much as I think he has to carry responsibility for the endless process of managers and maybe the loss of bottle at this time of year, I don't think we want him to go.

    chicken
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14678
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 16139

    Re: Has he been sacked?

    Post by chicken on Sun 22 Apr 2018, 2:21 pm

    valakari wrote:I hear rumours that Rowett has been sacked...just getting ready to say " i told you so" .....play shit football and win..get away with it, play shit football and lose...well...

    Just out of interest, who do you think should replace him if he does get the sack.

    I don’t think he will, but rumours say it will be announced after 4pm.
    avatar
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11533
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 13988
    Location : Doghouse

    Re: Has he been sacked?

    Post by Loughborough Ram on Sun 22 Apr 2018, 2:29 pm

    Arsene Wenger COYR
    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23294
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27929
    Age : 58
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: Has he been sacked?

    Post by New England Ram on Sun 22 Apr 2018, 2:30 pm

    whestonram wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:If he is or has been sacked today I would expect Morris to walk away in the summer as well.

    Unless he closes the club down, which I suppose is possible, he has to find a buyer rather than just walk away.  He can, of course, give up on promotion and run the club  for profit, or at least not put any more money in.  Much as I think he has to carry responsibility for the endless process of managers and maybe the loss of bottle at this time of year, I don't think we want him to go.

    I have a feeling that a potential buyer ( or buyers) are lined up if and or when he decided to walk..won’t be local either ..far from it



    avatar
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11533
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 13988
    Location : Doghouse

    Re: Has he been sacked?

    Post by Loughborough Ram on Sun 22 Apr 2018, 2:30 pm

    Gary Cotrill

    Sublime to the ridiculous
    avatar
    valakari

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1762
    Registration date : 2011-10-22
    Points : 1873
    Age : 51
    Location : Derby

    Re: Has he been sacked?

    Post by valakari on Sun 22 Apr 2018, 2:31 pm

    I've said before..id like Stimac, Eranio and Asanovic. I could also be happy with Ranieri..but he is at Nantes, and actually at the Arsenal game today..so I doubt he'd be interested!
    avatar
    valakari

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1762
    Registration date : 2011-10-22
    Points : 1873
    Age : 51
    Location : Derby

    Re: Has he been sacked?

    Post by valakari on Sun 22 Apr 2018, 2:31 pm

    Loughborough Ram wrote:Gary Cotrill

    Sublime to the ridiculous
    who is he?
    avatar
    whestonram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 328
    Registration date : 2010-10-09
    Points : 350
    Location : Sheffield

    Re: Has he been sacked?

    Post by whestonram on Sun 22 Apr 2018, 2:36 pm

    New England Ram wrote:
    whestonram wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:If he is or has been sacked today I would expect Morris to walk away in the summer as well.

    Unless he closes the club down, which I suppose is possible, he has to find a buyer rather than just walk away.  He can, of course, give up on promotion and run the club  for profit, or at least not put any more money in.  Much as I think he has to carry responsibility for the endless process of managers and maybe the loss of bottle at this time of year, I don't think we want him to go.

    I have a feeling that a potential buyer ( or buyers) are lined up if and or when he decided to walk..won’t be local either ..far from it

    Any evidence for that, or just a gut feeling?

    chicken
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14678
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 16139

    Re: Has he been sacked?

    Post by chicken on Sun 22 Apr 2018, 2:39 pm

    whestonram wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:
    whestonram wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:If he is or has been sacked today I would expect Morris to walk away in the summer as well.

    Unless he closes the club down, which I suppose is possible, he has to find a buyer rather than just walk away.  He can, of course, give up on promotion and run the club  for profit, or at least not put any more money in.  Much as I think he has to carry responsibility for the endless process of managers and maybe the loss of bottle at this time of year, I don't think we want him to go.

    I have a feeling that a potential buyer ( or buyers) are lined up if and or when he decided to walk..won’t be local either ..far from it

    Any evidence for that, or just a gut feeling?

    Japanese buyers??

    chicken
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14678
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 16139

    Re: Has he been sacked?

    Post by chicken on Sun 22 Apr 2018, 2:40 pm

    valakari wrote:I've said before..id like Stimac, Eranio and Asanovic. I could also be happy with Ranieri..but he is at Nantes, and actually at the Arsenal game today..so I doubt he'd be interested!

    Why Stimac, Eranio and Asanovic? Because they played for us? Or because of their managerial track record ......??
    avatar
    CornwallRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6374
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 6911
    Age : 50
    Location : Derby

    Re: Has he been sacked?

    Post by CornwallRam on Sun 22 Apr 2018, 2:43 pm

    chicken wrote:
    valakari wrote:I hear rumours that Rowett has been sacked...just getting ready to say " i told you so" .....play shit football and win..get away with it, play shit football and lose...well...

    Just out of interest, who do you think should replace him if he does get the sack.

    I don’t think he will, but rumours say it will be announced after 4pm.

    Igor for six games, then see where we are. Our only chance of promotion is a new manager bounce, and Stimac's self belief just might be enough to bounce us to Wembley.

    chicken
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14678
    Registration date : 2009-02-11
    Points : 16139

    Re: Has he been sacked?

    Post by chicken on Sun 22 Apr 2018, 2:49 pm

    CornwallRam wrote:
    chicken wrote:
    valakari wrote:I hear rumours that Rowett has been sacked...just getting ready to say " i told you so" .....play shit football and win..get away with it, play shit football and lose...well...

    Just out of interest, who do you think should replace him if he does get the sack.

    I don’t think he will, but rumours say it will be announced after 4pm.

    Igor for six games, then see where we are. Our only chance of promotion is a new manager bounce, and Stimac's self belief just might be enough to bounce us to Wembley.

    He’d pick exactly the same team as GR so ... as you were.

    It wouldn’t matter who the manager was, if the players aren’t motivated by a potential Wembley appearance and a promotion, you’ve got no chance.
    avatar
    outsider

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : hereford v derby friendly 1980
    Number of posts : 1294
    Registration date : 2014-07-30
    Points : 1351
    Age : 54
    Location : Naas, Rep of Ireland

    Re: Has he been sacked?

    Post by outsider on Sun 22 Apr 2018, 2:52 pm

    chicken wrote:
    CornwallRam wrote:
    chicken wrote:
    valakari wrote:I hear rumours that Rowett has been sacked...just getting ready to say " i told you so" .....play shit football and win..get away with it, play shit football and lose...well...

    Just out of interest, who do you think should replace him if he does get the sack.

    I don’t think he will, but rumours say it will be announced after 4pm.

    Igor for six games, then see where we are. Our only chance of promotion is a new manager bounce, and Stimac's self belief just might be enough to bounce us to Wembley.

    He’d pick exactly the same team as GR so ... as you were.

    It wouldn’t matter who the manager was, if the players aren’t motivated by a potential Wembley appearance and a promotion, you’ve got no chance.
    Exactly... that what pissed be off under SMC wether he was going or staying our team made no effort to win last game of season for play offs. ..
    avatar
    SawleyRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4817
    Registration date : 2011-01-11
    Points : 6481
    Age : 70
    Location : Username gives it away!

    Re: Has he been sacked?

    Post by SawleyRam on Sun 22 Apr 2018, 3:03 pm

    We don't yet know as yet if Gary is still in a job but if he is sacked that will be another manager that has "lost" the dressing room. The manager is the wrong target. There must be more than one bad apple in our particular bucket.
    avatar
    Loughborough Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11533
    Registration date : 2009-02-14
    Points : 13988
    Location : Doghouse

    Re: Has he been sacked?

    Post by Loughborough Ram on Sun 22 Apr 2018, 3:16 pm

    valakari wrote:
    Loughborough Ram wrote:Gary Cotrill

    Sublime to the ridiculous
    who is he?

    Sorry, I mean't Steve Cottrill
    avatar
    outsider

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : hereford v derby friendly 1980
    Number of posts : 1294
    Registration date : 2014-07-30
    Points : 1351
    Age : 54
    Location : Naas, Rep of Ireland

    Re: Has he been sacked?

    Post by outsider on Sun 22 Apr 2018, 3:36 pm

    SawleyRam wrote:We don't yet know as yet if Gary is still in a job but if he is sacked that will be another manager that has "lost" the dressing room. The manager is the wrong target. There must be more than one bad apple in our particular bucket.
    Agree
    avatar
    Calif_Ramette

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 2005
    Number of posts : 2774
    Registration date : 2009-02-25
    Points : 2992
    Age : 40
    Location : Weed, CA USofA

    Re: Has he been sacked?

    Post by Calif_Ramette on Sun 22 Apr 2018, 7:13 pm

    SawleyRam wrote:We don't yet know as yet if Gary is still in a job but if he is sacked that will be another manager that has "lost" the dressing room. The manager is the wrong target. There must be more than one bad apple in our particular bucket.

    Could not agree more. Sounds like the players or some of them are throwing a temper tantrum and the manager is telling them to stop or ignoring it because the reason is stupid.
    avatar
    swadieram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 1248
    Registration date : 2009-04-22
    Points : 1633
    Age : 60
    Location : Sunny Swad

    Re: Has he been sacked?

    Post by swadieram on Sun 22 Apr 2018, 8:38 pm

    Pearson tried to sort the dressing room and got the sack !
    Mel’s not foolish enough to fall for that again

    avatar
    KeoghKeogh

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 700
    Registration date : 2015-12-30
    Points : 823

    Re: Has he been sacked?

    Post by KeoghKeogh on Sun 22 Apr 2018, 9:05 pm

    It's never a good sign when a manager changes the formation and (allegedly) makes reference to the views of other people regarding the new formation. (ie it has been reported that GR said that if he hadn't changed it, people would have said that he should have done so.)

    It smacks a bit of Todd picking Kinkladze due to perceived popular opinion at the time - just before he was sacked.

    Unless 'people' = 'person' this time around.

    avatar
    New England Ram
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23294
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Points : 27929
    Age : 58
    Location : Boston USA

    Re: Has he been sacked?

    Post by New England Ram on Sun 22 Apr 2018, 10:51 pm

    Glad to see this rumour did not come true..sadly the fact that it started at all probably means it will happen sooner rather than later !



    avatar
    Stockport Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5640
    Registration date : 2010-03-22
    Points : 6236
    Age : 52
    Location : That's a toughie.......

    Re: Has he been sacked?

    Post by Stockport Ram on Mon 23 Apr 2018, 7:13 am

    swadieram wrote:Pearson tried to sort the dressing room and got the sack !
    Mel’s not foolish enough to fall for that again



    I sincerely hope not.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Has he been sacked?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon 18 Jun 2018, 4:42 pm