Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4845
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Re: Derby 3-1 Cardiff reports and comments

Post by SawleyRam on Thu 26 Apr 2018, 10:46 pm

valakari wrote:
    New England Ram wrote:
    valakari wrote:Bloody he'll.. no mention of Keogh..you always go quiet on him when he plays well..he carried the game to them which gave us the impetus...but you couldn't just for once praise him...just like when he was playing fabulously for a dozen games on the trot..you went quiet then too though so I expect nothing less!
    sorry. This was aimed at keoghkeogh

Keogh !!!

Post number 3 of this thread ...second line !
    i
    Val this is not a board for oneupmanship, we won, let's be grateful of that. Lets not snear at other posters demise either right or wrong.
    KeoghKeogh

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 700
    Registration date : 2015-12-30

Post by KeoghKeogh on Fri 27 Apr 2018, 6:35 am

Valakari.

from this thread a range of opionions about Keogh v Cardiff, including:

'Keogh for me started the 2nd half onslaught by showing some life and endeavour' .
    'Keogh was an absolute bloody nightmare defensively again tonight'
    'They might have had 3 penalties last night' (sorry MA, I can't find your quote about the 3rd one!)
    'Other than Olssen for their goal and Forsyth at times, none of our players played badly or made costly mistakes'
    'I voted for Keogh too! Played his arse off! Good on him!'

Valakari - You want me to say more about Keogh v Cardiff. Ok, as you ask.

A back 3 suits him as he can press forward with the ball and he gets more defensive cover too. He pressed forward well with the ball at times. His end product was better because he passed a bit earlier. In past games he has tended to run straight towards a team mate out wide, take up their space and we have lost momentum.

I have never criticised Keogh's effort in any game that I have seen him play and didn't do so v Cardiff.

Keogh made a mistake by tripping over the ball when coming out of defence. Their guy wasn't on his toes so it wasn't punished.

Keogh gave their sub CF an unneeded ankle tap in the box (after their boy slipped over and got back up). This could have easily been a penno.

I don't recall Keogh winning much in the air v their big lump Madine.

So, Valkari, I thought that Keogh did well enough on balance v Cardiff. Like a few folks on here I didn't think that he was great defensively and could have cost us a penno. I thought that he broke forward well. He wasn't my MoTM.

I'm pleased that he wasn't captain as I don't think that he's very good at the job; Davies is better. I was surprised to see Keogh walking off with Madley at half tim, waving his hands in the ref's face. Keogh's teammates were running off to listen to their manager and new captain; I thought that Keogh should have been doing this too and leaving Madley well alone.

I didn't post this about Keogh precisely because I thought that he did ok overall. I could analyse other players too: I don't rate Lawrence - but he has improved recently and did well enough v Cardiff. Wisdom is a good player; but he has looked ponderous recently - he also did well enough v Cardiff. Carson has played well for ages; but he might have done better at the near post for the goal... and so, on. etc etc

I respect the opinions of other posters on here whether I agreed with them or not. I am interested in reading what other say about the club that I support and respect the time and trouble that folks go to it composing their posts. I will continue to look forward to reading something about Derby County (indeed anything) that is analytical, constructive, informed or of some vague value from you on here... maybe one day eh?...

Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5660
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Fri 27 Apr 2018, 6:52 am

I've re-watched the game focussing specifically on Keogh for the full 90 (or 95) based on LR's comment about churlishness, because I am acutely conscious that I have more bad than good observations on Keogh.

I had been tempted to post my findings but I have no need now, as it mirrors KK's offering.

Excluding his last four words, I think its an excellent and well balanced post.
    Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11586
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram on Fri 27 Apr 2018, 8:06 am

But for balance Stocky, you should maybe re watch a game only concentrating on all of the other players individually and see how many errors they make
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 14637
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Fri 27 Apr 2018, 9:49 am

KeoghKeogh wrote:
    'They might have had 3 penalties last night' (sorry MA, I can't find your quote about the 3rd one!)

Here are the 3, in no specific order....

Keogh's trip on their CF
    BJs clear and obvious handball
    Hudds little tug on ther CF 2 yards from the goal line and in between the posts.

The 1st and 3rd could have been given and would have been by many a ref. I am absolutely shocked (and very happy) that Mr Madley didn't. It is the sort of thing he usually does give against us.

The 2nd was the biggest shock of them all. It was so obvious yet Madley chose not to give it. Again, a very unMadley-like action when it's Derby County.
    Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5660
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Fri 27 Apr 2018, 5:52 pm

Loughborough Ram wrote:But for balance Stocky, you should maybe re watch a game only concentrating on all of the other players individually and see how many errors they make

I've done that too.

Not quite as often, I'll admit, but I've watched Davies, Hudds, Weimann and Lawrence for the same reason. In some I've seen mistakes when I've been aware of excellence, and vice versa, but on balance it hasn't changed my initial opinions of them for better or worse.

What it doesn't show is the panoramic view of one player "live" at the game, as a scout would watch.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 22 Jul 2018, 3:26 am