John Motson is a Ram, well nearly

DavesaRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Derby 5 Spurs 0
    Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2011-10-15

John Motson is a Ram, well nearly

Post by DavesaRam on Wed 16 May 2018, 5:32 pm

As a trucker i listen to Radio 2 'cos they have very useful travel updates, and ended up listening to Motty doing "Tracks of my years" on the ken Bruce show. As you would expect, everything about his life revolves around football.

It turns out that his first ever football commentary was at the Everton v Derby County match at Goodison Park. Then he said "I have a special interest in Derby County, they resonate with me. My dad was a Derby fan, and my son is a season ticket holder, but somehow I missed out!"

Interesting - I always thought he was a Ram, but it seems not quite.

So come on Motty, now you've got time on your hands, get yourself a season ticket and sit with yer lad at Pride Park. We'll make you welcome!
    bramhallram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3885
    Registration date : 2010-10-05

Re: John Motson is a Ram, well nearly

Post by bramhallram on Wed 16 May 2018, 5:57 pm

Motty is definitely a top man and it's well known that his son Fred is a Rams fan, probably since birth. I expect it just made his life easier to be a neutral.

I had the privilege of meeting him once when my company had an Executive Box at the old BBG. He just popped his head round the door to say hello and have a brief chat. I sensed he could talk football all night.

Definitely the genuine article.

Current date/time is Tue 17 Jul 2018, 12:16 pm