Rowett to Stoke? rumour comes up again

old ewe

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 650
    Registration date : 2012-05-20

Re: Rowett to Stoke? rumour comes up again

Post by old ewe on Mon May 21, 2018 5:33 pm

Mel has already sacked Simmo.......................but then he sacked SM twice so..................
    old ewe

Number of posts : 650
    Registration date : 2012-05-20

Post by old ewe on Mon May 21, 2018 5:33 pm

Mel has already sacked Simmo.......................but then he sacked SM twice so..................
    Calif_Ramette

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 2005
    Number of posts : 2793
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by Calif_Ramette on Mon May 21, 2018 5:57 pm

This club has got to stop with the merry go round of managers.

chicken
    Admin

First ever game : 1983 sometime!
    Number of posts : 14680
    Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by chicken on Mon May 21, 2018 6:37 pm

New England Ram wrote:If nothing I liked him because I believed he was invested and cared.
    Possibly not then so he can piss off as far as I’m concerned.
    Going to be another summer of missing out on possible signings as we will be manager hunting.

My thoughts entirely.

chicken
    Admin

Post by chicken on Mon May 21, 2018 6:38 pm

Loughborough Ram wrote:I will probably cry if mccarthy is appointed

I will cry.
    dcfcgaz

Number of posts : 1773
    Registration date : 2010-08-30

Post by dcfcgaz on Mon May 21, 2018 6:52 pm

You are all quick to blame Rowett for jumping ship, but might this be the same shit that got Pearson sacked, there is it seems something very wrong in the Derby dressing room and maybe GR is just fed up with it!
    rob

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2271
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Post by rob on Tue May 22, 2018 3:58 am

how can it be the same shit - Pearson got sacked - Rowett is asking to break his contract - the one he weasled out of the club in January - just before the season went shit.

I can understand why he wants out - no money, massive fan and owner expectations, no chance of achieving it next season as he cant seem to get a bargain deal anywhere - I was patient with him thinking he needed another season but if he doesn't want to be here let him go - and get as much out of Stoke as possible.
    rob

First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2271
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Post by rob on Tue May 22, 2018 3:58 am

Rumours are that he will look to take Carson as well as they will lose Butland back to the premiershite.....

Mid table is now my prediction for next season 10-15th
    MadAmster

Number of posts : 14633
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Tue May 22, 2018 4:10 am

Did he sack Simmo the Assistant Manager or did the staff merely follow their leader? Since then Simmo has an age group World Cup to his name.

Remember the reports of altercations leading up to Pearo's sacking? No way will MM invite him back IMO.

Another recent manager also allegedly sacked for non-football reasons is now at Reading. I have not heard anybody clamouring for his brand of footbore.

Igor not really done owt anywhere.

Cowley might be a decent gamble.

Cook too but he is already in the SBC with his promoted Wigan team....... but on the other hand, we never thought GR would go to Stoke......

Whoever comes I want them to have a solid defence that doesn't back off and an effective attack that uses rapier speed and defence splitting accurate passes to score shedloads........ no harm in dreaming, is there?

RoytheRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Southampton-(home) 1965, lost 3-0
    Number of posts : 1025
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

Post by RoytheRam on Tue May 22, 2018 6:50 am

valakari wrote:
    Calif_Ramette wrote:
    valakari wrote:Foreign manager..oh yes..Igor and Eranio

Do tell what experience they have that would make them a good manager for Derby and getting us promoted?
    no guarantees whoever it is. But Igor and Eranio know the club, are both very well thought of, Igor has management experience at club and national level,and has experienced getting promoted out of the championship. Eranio has many years coaching experience and both will have extensive contacts all over the world to find players! All in all , my dream team appointments...what would be wrong with those 2 in charge?

I agree 100% with you mate been saying the same thing for more than 2 years now!
    As for experience (which they have plenty of in areas already mentioned that none of the recent managers have had) what good has the joint experience of Messrs Rowett,Mclaren, Pearson, Clement, Wassel, Clough etc Oh and don't forget the VAST experience of Mr Redknapp added to the mix. To hell with it it's time to go for something different and I for 1 do not think Stimac and/or Eranio preferably both would be as much of a gamble as some of the usual suspects always floating about!
    whestonram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 333
    Registration date : 2010-10-09

Post by whestonram on Tue May 22, 2018 7:22 am

RoytheRam wrote:
    valakari wrote:
    Calif_Ramette wrote:
    valakari wrote:Foreign manager..oh yes..Igor and Eranio

Do tell what experience they have that would make them a good manager for Derby and getting us promoted?
    no guarantees whoever it is. But Igor and Eranio know the club, are both very well thought of, Igor has management experience at club and national level,and has experienced getting promoted out of the championship. Eranio has many years coaching experience and both will have extensive contacts all over the world to find players! All in all , my dream team appointments...what would be wrong with those 2 in charge?

I agree 100% with you mate been saying the same thing for more than 2 years now!
    As for experience (which they have plenty of in areas already mentioned that none of the recent managers have had) what good has the joint experience of Messrs Rowett,Mclaren, Pearson, Clement, Wassel, Clough etc Oh and don't forget the VAST experience of Mr Redknapp added to the mix. To hell with it it's time to go for something different and I for 1 do not think Stimac and/or Eranio preferably both would be as much of a gamble as some of the usual suspects always floating about!

Igor and Eranio would certainly be emotionally appealing. But when you talk about the joint experience of the previous lot -

GR - some decent experience, has done a good job for u so far
    SMC - lots of experience but only really success in Holland and as a coach. His track record didn't justify his appointment, especially second time around
    NP - he didn't really fail, did he, it seems more like Mel bottled it and didn't support him in trying to make big changes
    PC - no experience when he came to us. You could argue a brave appointment. OR you could argue a bad appointment
    DW - no experience. Stop gap appointment.
    HR - wasn't manager. Arguably helped DW gt us into play offs
    NC - not a lot of experience, but had some success and did a decent job for us.

My point being, the managers with a successful track record have done OK for us (NP perhaps excepted, in so far as he had a fair crack of the whip). I'd rather see a manager with GOOD experience appointed than Igor, but I'd rather see Igor than someone who's been around a lot, but never really achieved anything.
    CornwallRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6382

Post by CornwallRam on Tue May 22, 2018 7:44 am

I think that Rowett's getting some unfair abuse.

He knows that his target next season was promotion. He knows that he has to achieve that by slashing the wage bill and only having a small amount to spend on incoming players. The enhanced parachute payments will be in their 3rd year, making 7 or 8[Villa] (I think) clubs have between £12m and  £42m to spend above us before anything else is considered. We're at the point in the spending cycle where we appear to be right up against our FFP limit before we even start trading.

On top of that Rowett saw how quickly his popularity dropped with Rams fans when the team had a wobble. I wonder if Mel started talking to him about improvements needed to keep his job? We seem to expect loyalty from managers but they get none in return. That's both silly and hypocritical. Managers are just employees. They will be disposed of when surplus to requirements or leave if they feel that another job offers them more of what motivates them. And you know what - there's nothing wrong at all with that. We're supporters and it's our job to be loyal. Chairmen have to try to make decisions in the best interests of the club so loyalty would be folly - OK giving a manager time to complete a team overhaul or fully develop his tactics is often wiser than sacking at the first run of a few poor results, but that would be a calculated risk, not a decision based on loyalty.

I fully understand Rowett wanting to leave. I think he's done his best for this club and I feel no malice towards him. He's no Billy Davies. He just feels like Stoke is better equipped at this point to compete at the top of the division.

As for Igor? Why not? I reckon that we're effectively skint for a couple of years. To have any chance of promotion we're going to need something a bit special. Maybe a few kids and journeymen imbued with Igor's arrogant self confidence is as good a plan as any. The alternative is a five year Clough style rebuild - and I'm not sure I have the heart to keep giving the club £500 a year to watch that.
    outsider

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : hereford v derby friendly 1980
    Number of posts : 1341
    Registration date : 2014-07-30

Post by outsider on Tue May 22, 2018 8:45 am

rob wrote:Rumours are that he will look to take Carson as well as they will lose Butland back to the premiershite.....

Mid table is now my prediction for next season 10-15th

will be massive loss
    outsider

Post by outsider on Tue May 22, 2018 8:54 am

CornwallRam wrote:I think that Rowett's getting some unfair abuse.

He knows that his target next season was promotion. He knows that he has to achieve that by slashing the wage bill and only having a small amount to spend on incoming players. The enhanced parachute payments will be in their 3rd year, making 7 or 8[Villa] (I think) clubs have between £12m and  £42m to spend above us before anything else is considered. We're at the point in the spending cycle where we appear to be right up against our FFP limit before we even start trading.

On top of that Rowett saw how quickly his popularity dropped with Rams fans when the team had a wobble. I wonder if Mel started talking to him about improvements needed to keep his job? We seem to expect loyalty from managers but they get none in return. That's both silly and hypocritical. Managers are just employees. They will be disposed of when surplus to requirements or leave if they feel that another job offers them more of what motivates them. And you know what - there's nothing wrong at all with that. We're supporters and it's our job to be loyal. Chairmen have to try to make decisions in the best interests of the club so loyalty would be folly - OK giving a manager time to complete a team overhaul or fully develop his tactics is often wiser than sacking at the first run of a few poor results, but that would be a calculated risk, not a decision based on loyalty.

I fully understand Rowett wanting to leave. I think he's done his best for this club and I feel no malice towards him. He's no Billy Davies. He just feels like Stoke is better equipped at this point to compete at the top of the division.

As for Igor? Why not? I reckon that we're effectively skint for a couple of years. To have any chance of promotion we're going to need something a bit special. Maybe a few kids and journeymen imbued with Igor's arrogant self confidence is as good a plan as any. The alternative is a five year Clough style rebuild - and I'm not sure I have the heart to keep giving the club £500 a year to watch that.

agree with most of this but was his head turned previously when stoke came looking? I have no malice towards rowett I liked his attitude, banter and charisma in interviews etc.

The main question is this, did he know his days were numbered under Mel? we all know he could not been happy with our performances and again there has to be questions about the players it would not be the first time a few have mad life hard for the manager. the grass will look a lot greener away from PP that's for sure and he left with a reasonable record and value on high side compared with maybe in ^ months when a disaster start to the season.
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4845
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Tue May 22, 2018 9:11 am

As of yet GR is still our manager, and perhaps he only wants to listen to someone instead of dismissing it out of hand but the general comments and ill feeling of the fans over this has made his position untenable even if he wanted to stay. Ask yourself, if somebody offered you what seems like a lucrative job would you at least listen?
    outsider

Post by outsider on Tue May 22, 2018 9:37 am

SawleyRam wrote:As of yet GR is still our manager, and perhaps he only wants to listen to someone instead of dismissing it out of hand but the general comments and ill feeling of the fans over this has made his position untenable even if he wanted to stay. Ask yourself, if somebody offered you what seems like a lucrative job would you at least listen?

a lot were unhappy after the terrible run and the 2 defeats to both relegated clubs, you really cant blame fans for being fed up. a lot of criticism was not just to the manager, but to the players as well, Keogh especially got a lot more abuse. as for our manager listening to whats on offer from another club (head being turned ) did SMC do the same?
    MadAmster

Number of posts : 14633

Post by MadAmster on Tue May 22, 2018 9:42 am

20 points from the opening 19 games of 2018. Not good is it? It was only after that that GR tried something else. Too late IMO.

I would still prefer him to stay though.
    outsider

Post by outsider on Tue May 22, 2018 9:45 am

MadAmster wrote:20 points from the opening 19 games of 2018. Not good is it? It was only after that that GR tried something else. Too late IMO.

I would still prefer him to stay though.

I would after the finish we had give every one a lift and looked forward to next season with bit of optimism .. now we go into next season with the unknown. Mel has to get it right this time...I agreed with him on rowett mind Frustrated
    New England Ram
    Admin

First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23342
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Tue May 22, 2018 10:47 am

Mackay McFarland Toddy and Gregory.
    Three legends and a star player that returned to manage the club.
    Only Mackay had success..because he inherited the best team in our history
    man managed them and added his own quality players to make us champions again.
    The other three managed us when we had far less talent..Roy got to a game away but the other two ..nothing.
    Why is bringing Igor back a good idea..Igor whose managerial track record is nearly non existent .

Sydney Smooth

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1946
    First ever game : 26th January 1946 - Rams 1-0 WBA
    Number of posts : 1182
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

Post by Sydney Smooth on Tue May 22, 2018 11:47 am

If Rowett does go what price MM going for a manager who will not be in the top wage bracket?

Kevin Phillips would be in a lower wage bracket and he knows the players.

It is never dull supporting the Rams.

chicken
    Admin

Post by chicken on Tue May 22, 2018 1:20 pm

This sums it up for me All potential and no delivery
    Loughborough Ram

Number of posts : 11586
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram on Tue May 22, 2018 2:09 pm

Those comments were made on Talksport last night. It would be interesting to know the opinion of the other pundit on that show because it just happened to be Darren Bent

chicken
    Admin

Post by chicken on Tue May 22, 2018 2:55 pm

Loughborough Ram wrote:Those comments were made on Talksport last night. It would be interesting to know the opinion of the other pundit on that show because it just happened to be Darren Bent

Here you go

Tactically he was quite good
    Loughborough Ram

Number of posts : 11586
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram on Tue May 22, 2018 3:04 pm

Thanks Chicken
    outsider

Post by outsider on Tue May 22, 2018 4:52 pm

Just got text of a rumour stoke stumbling due to Rowett demanding to much money,,,, like said a rumour, any one else heard this

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:14 am