Title says it all.
    outsider

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : hereford v derby friendly 1980
    Number of posts : 1294
    Registration date : 2014-07-30

Re: Welcome Jody Morris

Post by outsider on Mon 04 Jun 2018, 6:45 pm

good appointment done well with Chelsea's young guns and possible bring in the cream of they reserves starting with Ethan Ampadu
    rob

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2228
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Post by rob on Tue 05 Jun 2018, 12:41 pm

lets hope he can bring out the best of the kids to justify the investment in the academy - wonder what this means for wassall....
    rob

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2228
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Post by rob on Tue 05 Jun 2018, 12:41 pm

and yes I know he is assistant manager and not academy director - but he will no doubt have some opinions...
    CornwallRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6374
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by CornwallRam on Tue 05 Jun 2018, 2:17 pm

I think that Jody Morris is a superb appointment. He has the pedigree that I'd be looking for in appointing an up-and-coming manager. I'm not sure that he does much to compensate for Lampard's lack of experience though. I'd far rather Morris was manager and Lampard was a coach, with an older head coming in to give advice.
    outsider

First ever game : hereford v derby friendly 1980
    Number of posts : 1294
    Registration date : 2014-07-30

Post by outsider on Tue 05 Jun 2018, 2:28 pm

CornwallRam wrote:I think that Jody Morris is a superb appointment. He has the pedigree that I'd be looking for in appointing an up-and-coming manager.  I'm not sure that he does much to compensate for Lampard's lack of experience though. I'd far rather Morris was manager and Lampard was a coach, with an older head coming in to give advice.

this is the same feeling at wales with Giggs taking over and Osian Roberts as no 2 Osian was there with Speed and Coleman
    Stockport Ram

First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5640
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Wed 06 Jun 2018, 4:48 am

I am delighted that Morris has been appointed. It reduces the gamble significantly in my eyes. We will still need more patience than many Rams fans (not on here mind) have shown when we hit the inevitable rocky patch.
    The one thing that the current team need more than anything else is legs - we were dead on our feet after an hour in numerous games last season, or decided only to use up the tank for the second half, having conserved energy for the first. We need young enthusiastic unscarred players with the right blend of say 4 or 5 of last seasons team and we will have a chance of a decent season.
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 14511
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Wed 06 Jun 2018, 9:11 am

CornwallRam wrote:I think that Jody Morris is a superb appointment. He has the pedigree that I'd be looking for in appointing an up-and-coming manager.  I'm not sure that he does much to compensate for Lampard's lack of experience though. I'd far rather Morris was manager and Lampard was a coach, with an older head coming in to give advice.

I'm always looking for Pedigree Corners. A forlorn search here in the Netherlands..... Lampard does lack experience in the management hot seat, however, there is a voice inside my head saying that, despite that, he is the right man. Experienced managers and coaches haven't got us promoted in the past 10 seasons and some of them bored the pants off us as well with the footbore they dished up. Lamps has said he is looking to play possession based football with the focus on attacking. We might not go up next season but the team will be well worth watching IMO.

Stockport Ram wrote:I am delighted that Morris has been appointed. It reduces the gamble significantly in my eyes. We will still need more patience than many Rams fans (not on here mind) have shown when we hit the inevitable rocky patch.
    The one thing that the current team need more than anything else is legs - we were dead on our feet after an hour in numerous games last season, or decided only to use up the tank for the second half, having conserved energy for the first. We need young enthusiastic unscarred players with the right blend of say 4 or 5 of last seasons team and we will have a chance of a decent season.

Starting XI with maybe 5 or 6 of last season's starters filled with 2 to 4 of our promising young guns and completed with incoming loans is my expectation for August. I am not expecting buys so anybody deemed worth buying will be greatly welcomed by me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 18 Jun 2018, 4:31 pm