I'm confused

SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4910
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

I'm confused

Post by SawleyRam on Mon 02 Jul 2018, 8:34 am

Please help me someone. Have the laws of football been changed for this World Cup?

The laws on throw ins must have changed, I've seen so many throw ins that under the old laws would have been deemed illegal.

The law on penalties where the keeper must stand still on his line, must have missed that one!

The law where a defender brings down an attacker for a penalty as the last man and doesn't see a yellow card let alone a red, as I understand should be the case.

I'm missing a lot nowadays, must be my age!
    Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11636
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Re: I'm confused

Post by Loughborough Ram on Mon 02 Jul 2018, 8:42 am

Referees are sh*t, thats the explanation.

To be fair the laws regarding the last defender being sent off have changed but the others are just down to referees not being ars*d to do their job.
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 14817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Mon 02 Jul 2018, 10:33 am

Throw ins, no change and, yes, there have been loads foul throws going unpunished.

Penalties. The keeper does not have to stand still on his line. He is allowed to jump up and down, wave his arms, even move left and right along the line, as long as he doesn't cross the line before the ball has been kicked....... and, as we all know, most of them do move forwards before the ball has been kicked in order to narrow the angle. Fair play to the refs, they take a lot of time explaining to the keeper what he may and may not do only for the keeper to ignore those instructions and move forwards anyway..... As Loughie said, fers not enforcing......

Last player bringing down an attacker.......... a proviso has been added to the effect of, if the defender made a real and honest attempt to play the ball........ The incident to which I believe you refer from yesterday was adjudged to have been just that, in which case a yellow card should have been produced. I don't recall seeing one.

Here's an explanation......

https://www.football-italia.net/80917/fifa-change-red-card-rule
    valakari

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1881
    Registration date : 2011-10-22

Post by valakari on Mon 02 Jul 2018, 12:40 pm

Yes he did get a yellow card!..well i saw one anyway!
    Mucker1884

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1975
    First ever game : Carlisle - '75 - last match - champs - Ley Stand
    Number of posts : 10290
    Registration date : 2009-07-22

Post by Mucker1884 on Mon 02 Jul 2018, 2:02 pm

There was a yellow.
    As I watched, I was unaware of the amended rule re making a genuine attempt to get the ball and was dumbfounded, to say the least, not to see an immediate straight red! (It was explained later by the commo, and "confirmed" as the ref's reasoning behind his decision).

I was neutral before that incident, but cheered Croatia on from that point onwards... they gained absolutely nothing from their guy being scythed down just yards from goal, with the goal at his mercy.
    "Genuine attempt" or not, he was illegally stopped from taking a clear shot at goal!
    You can (just about) stomach a missed peno if the oppo have to play with a man down for the remainder of the game!

This change stinks, imo!

RRC
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 16272
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Post by RRC on Mon 02 Jul 2018, 5:02 pm

It seems to me that the rules are gradually being changed to reflect and allow
    typical player behaviour, such as diving, shoving with the hand, bad tackles,
    obstruction, simulation etc. and referees are encouraged to turn a blind eye.

Instead of trying to enforce the the laws, they've settled for making sure that
    fewer players are sent off by blurring the lines. For example, how can a referee
    tell a genuine attempt to get the ball from a clever deliberate attempt to hack
    down an opponent unless he's a mind reader? All studs showing - just ignore it
    unless it's a broken leg. Good firm tackles are fair - tackles from behind are not.

Is this weakening of the rules improving the game for spectators? I don't think so.

Is it prolonging the careers of crude thugs at the expense of talented players? Yes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 19 Sep 2018, 4:28 pm