Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : Rams 0 - 2 Norwich, 21/04/1990 BBG
    Number of posts : 823
    Registration date : 2014-05-23

Re: How do you feel about our signings?

Post by Mitten State Ram on Fri 10 Aug 2018, 4:49 pm

whestonram wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:
    Calif_Ramette wrote:I'm happy with the injection of youth and pace but worried about how Frank is going to integrate all these new players with our rather bloated squad as of now. I want them all to do well and lead us to glory as we shall see. I think this is probably the first transfer window I have enjoyed in a while.

Lampard is single minded, he will have told those players (in a nice way) who are surplus there is no regular place for them and either they agree to move on when there is an opportunity or have their egos deflated by not playing, any problems could arise from those sh*t-strirring agents who do not like their 15% commision being devalued.

With respect, on what basis do you think he is single minded and will have told players that, in a nice way. We know next to nothing about him as a manager!

That's just standard practice, isn't it? It wouldn't be very good personnel management to bring in new players at an existing player's position and not have a conversation with the latter about what this means. I certainly hope he's being upfront about this. Especially if he hopes these players will accept offers of loan moves to other clubs. But, yes, none of us knows for sure how this is being handled.
    whestonram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 361
    Registration date : 2010-10-09

Post by whestonram on Fri 10 Aug 2018, 5:15 pm

Mitten State Ram wrote:
    whestonram wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:
    Calif_Ramette wrote:I'm happy with the injection of youth and pace but worried about how Frank is going to integrate all these new players with our rather bloated squad as of now. I want them all to do well and lead us to glory as we shall see. I think this is probably the first transfer window I have enjoyed in a while.

Lampard is single minded, he will have told those players (in a nice way) who are surplus there is no regular place for them and either they agree to move on when there is an opportunity or have their egos deflated by not playing, any problems could arise from those sh*t-strirring agents who do not like their 15% commision being devalued.

With respect, on what basis do you think he is single minded and will have told players that, in a nice way. We know next to nothing about him as a manager!

That's just standard practice, isn't it? It wouldn't be very good personnel management to bring in new players at an existing player's position and not have a conversation with the latter about what this means. I certainly hope he's being upfront about this. Especially if he hopes these players will accept offers of loan moves to other clubs. But, yes, none of us knows for sure how this is being handled.

Yes, you'd hope so. Just saying, we've actually no idea what Frank is like. He speaks well and seems to have us playing better football, so we like him, but we don't know. I don't really care, either, as long as he get's us promoted.
    old ewe

Number of posts : 665
    Registration date : 2012-05-20

Post by old ewe on Fri 10 Aug 2018, 5:19 pm

We have actually lost 8 permanent players and Blackman hopefully joins his new club today so that will be 9 out. We could have also lost Huddz but chose to keep him. It just seems like we haven't shifted people out because the expensive misfits....... now even more so.......are with us on contracts that run till the end of the season...... or longer. Perhaps they will realise they now have no chance of playing, so no appearance money, and the longer they fester at our club the lower their chances of getting a decent move when the alternative is the 'unattached' list. Their agents need to work overtime during the remainder of this month!!
    CornwallRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6434
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by CornwallRam on Sat 11 Aug 2018, 11:29 am

Is it just me that thinks we're still a target man short? I can't quite see why we bought both Waghorn and Marriot, and I don't see either as the centre forward in a front 3.
    New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23413
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post by New England Ram on Sat 11 Aug 2018, 12:07 pm

CornwallRam wrote:Is it just me that thinks we're still a target man short? I can't quite see why we bought both Waghorn and Marriot, and I don't see either as the centre forward in a front 3.

Can’t see I’ve seen enough of them to be able to judge them.
    Also do we really know if Lampard is planning on playing a traditional 4-3-3 or is he just looking for lots of speedy interchangeable parts looking to get in behind teams .

Romseyram

First ever game : Villa away 19/4/76 Lost 1-0
    Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2018-08-11

Post by Romseyram on Sat 11 Aug 2018, 1:09 pm

Very excited about these signings and for the season ahead. Renewal was essential having been proven to be short of what it takes to go up in recent seasons. My only concern is how long it will take Lampard to find his best eleven given the size of the squad. If he chops and changes playing all the permutations, particularly going forward, he may miss out on creating the deep understanding that makes a winning team.
    Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11653
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram on Sat 11 Aug 2018, 2:12 pm

Waghorn can definitely play as a target man in a front three.
    MadAmster

Number of posts : 14866

Post by MadAmster on Sat 11 Aug 2018, 2:13 pm

Will he even utilise a target man?

CornwallRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6434

Post by CornwallRam on Sat 11 Aug 2018, 10:34 pm

MadAmster wrote:Will he even utilise a target man?

If we don't use a target man in a 433 we'll be in a relegation battle. We'll have no option to play out from the back every time. That will be both one dimensional and predictable. It'll be McLaren with Johnny Russell leading the line.
    HKram

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2016-08-19

Post by HKram on Sun 12 Aug 2018, 3:48 am

MadAmster wrote:Will he even utilise a target man?

Lampard compared Warhorn to Drogba in his interview, although I have to admit that I really think he is more like Conor Sammon

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 16 Oct 2018, 6:36 pm