COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    Lets support QPR (not)

    Share
    avatar
    SawleyRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 5010
    Registration date : 2011-01-11
    Points : 6759
    Age : 70
    Location : Username gives it away!

    Lets support QPR (not)

    Post by SawleyRam on Tue 04 Sep 2018, 10:30 am

    Old news I know but this video explains in a totally understandable way what happened with the QPR financial fair play fiasco: https://youtu.be/lgVdt8XCW64
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 15006
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 16828
    Age : 64
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: Lets support QPR (not)

    Post by MadAmster on Tue 04 Sep 2018, 10:42 am

    I was going to write "uneffinbelievable" but then realised it is only too believable.

    This will surely encourage rather than discourage clubs to play fairly, financially.

    avatar
    SawleyRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 5010
    Registration date : 2011-01-11
    Points : 6759
    Age : 70
    Location : Username gives it away!

    Re: Lets support QPR (not)

    Post by SawleyRam on Tue 04 Sep 2018, 11:28 am

    Unfortunately, (and with no racial overtones) these clubs with foreign investors come from a different culture from our "British sense of fair play". The majority see it as a win at all cost and to maximise profits. I think this ruling by the Football League has now encouraged other clubs to put up two fingers to them in order to seek a quick profit. QPR have shown the way.
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 15006
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 16828
    Age : 64
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: Lets support QPR (not)

    Post by MadAmster on Tue 04 Sep 2018, 12:52 pm

    ... follow the QP Rangers, they know the way LOL roll
    avatar
    CornwallRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    Number of posts : 6460
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 7000
    Age : 50
    Location : Derby

    Re: Lets support QPR (not)

    Post by CornwallRam on Tue 04 Sep 2018, 1:27 pm

    I reckon that might not be totally unbiased. The league table showing the turnover for the season lists a team called 'Dirty Leeds'. LOL roll LOL roll LOL roll
    avatar
    SawleyRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 5010
    Registration date : 2011-01-11
    Points : 6759
    Age : 70
    Location : Username gives it away!

    Re: Lets support QPR (not)

    Post by SawleyRam on Tue 04 Sep 2018, 2:34 pm

    CornwallRam wrote:I reckon that might not be totally unbiased. The league table showing the turnover for the season lists a team called 'Dirty Leeds'. LOL roll LOL roll LOL roll

    No, not biased at all, just above the Dirties on that list was them down the road, by their official name! ne ne ne ne ne Whistle
    avatar
    whestonram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 362
    Registration date : 2010-10-09
    Points : 385
    Location : Sheffield

    Re: Lets support QPR (not)

    Post by whestonram on Tue 04 Sep 2018, 4:47 pm

    The video's been taken down, both off youtube and off the TIFO site. Maybe Dirty Leeds complained!
    avatar
    bramhallram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    First ever game : Rams 1 Sunderland 1 Oct 1961
    Number of posts : 3977
    Registration date : 2010-10-05
    Points : 4250
    Age : 68
    Location : Bramhall

    Re: Lets support QPR (not)

    Post by bramhallram on Tue 04 Sep 2018, 5:08 pm

    whestonram wrote:The video's been taken down, both off youtube and off the TIFO site. Maybe Dirty Leeds complained!

    ...or maybe the truth hurts sometimes.

    .
    avatar
    RRC
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 16358
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Points : 20552

    Re: Lets support QPR (not)

    Post by RRC on Tue 04 Sep 2018, 5:53 pm

    I hope that QPR get relegated to League One, which they might do, because
    the transfer embargo rules out McClaren's usual method of problem-solving.

    McClaren can't buy his way out of trouble this season. QPR have 4 points and
    a goal deficit of minus 10, so he will need to sort out their existing defence
    quickly, which he's rarely had to do elsewhere.

    There are three decent articles (below), which explain what what happened,
    including the cynical ploy by the owners of writing off £60m of the club's debts
    in an attempt to mask the full extent of their over-spending.

    The article on BBC Sport suggests that the fine could have been even bigger.

    BBC Zport QPR's £42m settlement 'no disincentive' for EFL club spending

    The Indepent QPR hit with transfer embargo after accepting £42m

    The Daily Telegraph QPR ordered to pay world record £40million FFP fine



    avatar
    Stockport Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5822
    Registration date : 2010-03-22
    Points : 6430
    Age : 53
    Location : That's a toughie.......

    Re: Lets support QPR (not)

    Post by Stockport Ram on Tue 04 Sep 2018, 8:04 pm

    RRC wrote:I hope that QPR get relegated to League One, which they might do, because
    the transfer embargo rules out McClaren's usual method of problem-solving.

    McClaren can't buy his way out of trouble this season. QPR have 4 points and
    a goal deficit of minus 10, so he will need to sort out their existing defence
    quickly
    , which he's rarely had to do elsewhere.

    There are three decent articles (below), which explain what what happened,
    including the cynical ploy by the owners of writing off £60m of the club's debts
    in an attempt to mask the full extent of their over-spending.

    The article on BBC Sport suggests that the fine could have been even bigger.

    BBC Zport QPR's £42m settlement 'no disincentive' for EFL club spending

    The Indepent QPR hit with transfer embargo after accepting £42m

    The Daily Telegraph QPR ordered to pay world record £40million FFP fine


    Good job I had my incontinence pants on when I read the highlighted bit....
    avatar
    SawleyRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 5010
    Registration date : 2011-01-11
    Points : 6759
    Age : 70
    Location : Username gives it away!

    Re: Lets support QPR (not)

    Post by SawleyRam on Wed 05 Sep 2018, 12:23 pm

    whestonram wrote:The video's been taken down, both off youtube and off the TIFO site. Maybe Dirty Leeds complained!

    Shows that money talks (as it always has) but it emphasizes what Bramhallram has already said in an earlier post "or maybe the truth hurts sometimes."

    Shame really as that video put the situation into words that we could understand, not legal gobligook that causes confusion to us mere mortals.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Lets support QPR (not)

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu 13 Dec 2018, 8:52 pm