COME ON YOU RAMS the Derby County fans forum

a friendly place to chat about Derby County, football and life


    Frank Lampard on training

    Share
    avatar
    RRC
    Admin

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 16356
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Points : 20546

    Frank Lampard on training

    Post by RRC on Sat 08 Sep 2018, 11:25 pm

    Lampard on Derby County training regime

    The former Chelsea and England midfielder is leaving no stone unturned when it comes to player
    preparation - with training, strength and conditioning, and diet all key factors.

    "We look at diet, definitely," said Lampard. "Not me, because I wouldn't know what to tell them
    exactly! But we professionals to do that job. I think that was here before but we have brought in
    someone from outside, from my side, to look at nutrition. I just think in the modern day, that's
    very important."

    Lampard places a similar importance on training - and highlights Rams striker David Nugent as an
    example that hard work will be rewarded.

    "We train hard," Lampard added. "I'm not comparing to previous levels - we just train hard. We
    have a... it's not a model, because a model makes it sound like it's something that is rigid no matter
    what happens through the season. We have our idea and we adapt it to see on individuals, to see
    how the group looks."

    "But I am a huge advocate of working very hard in training to be able to replicate that work rate on
    a weekend. And if you don't match numbers in the week, you won't be able to do it at the weekend.

    "David Nugent is a great case because he works his socks off every day in training, and then he
    replicates it, because he can. He's got the capacity, willingness and desire to. We need 11 of those
    every day."

    Derbyshire Live



    avatar
    Stockport Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5821
    Registration date : 2010-03-22
    Points : 6429
    Age : 53
    Location : That's a toughie.......

    Re: Frank Lampard on training

    Post by Stockport Ram on Sun 09 Sep 2018, 12:11 am

    I understand his comments,  but its about how you apply that in game time.

    As far as I'm concerned, Nuge deserves to start, because he has put the hard yards on both on and off the field.  I'd prefer Martin, as I think he's a better footballer, but that ship has sailed, and I understand why.

    Nuge as No 1 striker actually helps us in a perverse way, because Waghorn knows where the goal is, and should start - if that means in a 433, it also means as a wide attacker who scores.

    I'd prefer him and Josefzoon in our front three, because all of them can score,  and cause havoc. I don't believe Lawrence is as good because he makes more poor decisions in both halves of the pitch,   and in a 433 would be found out. and looks weaker because he spends so much time getting treatment.


    I think Tom is a good squad player,  but shoudn't expect to start if we really mean business this season.

    Talent, but consistently poor decision making.  Come on Tom, we want you to succeed !

    Unless he improves - and I hope he does, because I love watching him run at opponents.

    Based on this front three, I would also always bring Mason Bennett on before Lawrence.
    avatar
    SawleyRam

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 5010
    Registration date : 2011-01-11
    Points : 6759
    Age : 70
    Location : Username gives it away!

    Re: Frank Lampard on training

    Post by SawleyRam on Sun 09 Sep 2018, 10:06 am

    RRC wrote:

    Lampard on Derby County training regime



    The former Chelsea and England midfielder is leaving no stone unturned when it comes to player
    preparation - with training, strength and conditioning, and diet all key factors.

    "We look at diet, definitely," said Lampard. "Not me, because I wouldn't know what to tell them
    exactly! But we professionals to do that job. I think that was here before but we have brought in
    someone from outside, from my side, to look at nutrition. I just think in the modern day, that's
    very important."

    Lampard places a similar importance on training - and highlights Rams striker David Nugent as an
    example that hard work will be rewarded.

    "We train hard," Lampard added. "I'm not comparing to previous levels - we just train hard. We
    have a... it's not a model, because a model makes it sound like it's something that is rigid no matter
    what happens through the season. We have our idea and we adapt it to see on individuals, to see
    how the group looks."

    "But I am a huge advocate of working very hard in training to be able to replicate that work rate on
    a weekend. And if you don't match numbers in the week, you won't be able to do it at the weekend.

    "David Nugent is a great case because he works his socks off every day in training, and then he
    replicates it, because he can. He's got the capacity, willingness and desire to. We need 11 of those
    every day."

    Derbyshire Live

    "We train hard," Lampard added. "I'm not comparing to previous levels - we just train hard."

    Is Lamps intimating that the team were not fit enough under previous managements? The main difference we can see is that the team can finish a gane strongly now (the Reading & Hull games proved that with winning goals right at the end). Under Lampard the team is definately fitter.
    avatar
    Sydney Smooth

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1946
    First ever game : 26th January 1946 - Rams 1-0 WBA
    Number of posts : 1229
    Registration date : 2010-04-11
    Points : 1473
    Age : 82
    Location : Derby

    Re: Frank Lampard on training

    Post by Sydney Smooth on Sun 09 Sep 2018, 10:49 am

    Stockport Ram wrote:I understand his comments,  but its about how you apply that in game time.

    As far as I'm concerned, Nuge deserves to start, because he has put the hard yards on both on and off the field.  I'd prefer Martin, as I think he's a better footballer, but that ship has sailed, and I understand why.

    Nuge as No 1 striker actually helps us in a perverse way, because Waghorn knows where the goal is, and should start - if that means in a 433, it also means as a wide attacker who scores.

    I'd prefer him and Josefzoon in our front three, because all of them can score,  and cause havoc. I don't believe Lawrence is as good because he makes more poor decisions in both halves of the pitch,   and in a 433 would be found out. and looks weaker because he spends so much time getting treatment.


    I think Tom is a good squad player,  but shoudn't expect to start if we really mean business this season.

    Talent, but consistently poor decision making.  Come on Tom, we want you to succeed !

    Unless he improves - and I hope he does, because I love watching him run at opponents.

    Based on this front three, I would also always bring Mason Bennett on before Lawrence.

    Couldn't agree more about Lawrence, as you say his decision making is definitely suspect and whilst I don't mind players being 'greedy' he tends to take it that one step further on many occasions.

    I also agree that Bennett should be in front of Lawrence in the queue, he gives us strength, he won't be bullied, he's better in defensive areas and he will shed blood for DCFC, unfortunately I don't think that applies to Lawrence.



    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 14997
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 16819
    Age : 64
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: Frank Lampard on training

    Post by MadAmster on Sun 09 Sep 2018, 11:37 am

    I refer my learned friends to the tackle Lawrence made in the 80 somethingth minute of the League game at Hull.

    I would argue the tracking back thoughts of Stockers and Uncle Tone but they are spot on with his decision making that leads him into the self same blind alleys and over elaborations JR did. Must be using JR's SatNav.
    avatar
    Stockport Ram

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5821
    Registration date : 2010-03-22
    Points : 6429
    Age : 53
    Location : That's a toughie.......

    Re: Frank Lampard on training

    Post by Stockport Ram on Sun 09 Sep 2018, 6:45 pm

    MadAmster wrote:I refer my learned friends to the tackle Lawrence made in the 80 somethingth minute of the League game at Hull.

    I would argue the tracking back thoughts of Stockers and Uncle Tone but they are spot on with his decision making that leads him into the self same blind alleys and over elaborations JR did. Must be using JR's SatNav.


    He only came on after an hour !

    He does do more than the wide man he was brought in to replace, I'll give you that MA. Wink
    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 14997
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 16819
    Age : 64
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: Frank Lampard on training

    Post by MadAmster on Sun 09 Sep 2018, 6:52 pm

    Couldn't do much less.
    avatar
    Sydney Smooth

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1946
    First ever game : 26th January 1946 - Rams 1-0 WBA
    Number of posts : 1229
    Registration date : 2010-04-11
    Points : 1473
    Age : 82
    Location : Derby

    Re: Frank Lampard on training

    Post by Sydney Smooth on Mon 10 Sep 2018, 1:04 pm

    MadAmster wrote:I refer my learned friends to the tackle Lawrence made in the 80 somethingth minute of the League game at Hull.

    I would argue the tracking back thoughts of Stockers and Uncle Tone but they are spot on with his decision making that leads him into the self same blind alleys and over elaborations JR did. Must be using JR's SatNav.

    One tackle doth not a season make. Anger

    avatar
    MadAmster

    Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 14997
    Registration date : 2009-02-20
    Points : 16819
    Age : 64
    Location : Where else but Amster Dam

    Re: Frank Lampard on training

    Post by MadAmster on Mon 10 Sep 2018, 2:52 pm

    Sydney Smooth wrote:
    MadAmster wrote:I refer my learned friends to the tackle Lawrence made in the 80 somethingth minute of the League game at Hull.

    I would argue the tracking back thoughts of Stockers and Uncle Tone but they are spot on with his decision making that leads him into the self same blind alleys and over elaborations JR did. Must be using JR's SatNav.

    One tackle doth not a season make. Anger


    Correct uncle T................ up to a point. He has been getting stuck in a bit more. That will be a Frankie Boy thing. You need to track back and put in meaningful tackles like Bennett.....................

    I think that the major problem with Lawro is that he keeps getting played out wide when he is much better inside given a much freer role.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Frank Lampard on training

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue 11 Dec 2018, 12:47 am