RRC
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 16339
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

More to come from Mount

Post by RRC on Tue 09 Oct 2018, 10:40 am

Lampard says there's more to come from Mount

Frank Lampard believes there is still more to come from Derby County ace Mason Mount.

Mount has impressed since joining the Rams on a season-long loan from Chelsea and his form has earned him
    a first call-up to the senior England squad.

The 19-year-old is currently Derby's leading scorer with five goals in all competitions - but Lampard is not letting
    him rest on his laurels.

"I think he can score more goals," said the Rams boss. "In terms of type of goals, he has scored some fantastic
    goals for us, as we know. He had a chance against Norwich (last week), and I am not criticising him for this, he
    arrived and the goalkeeper saved it. I think he can get in those areas more.

"I am asking a lot there because he is doing a lot for us in the middle of the park as well. He will do, that is more
    about experience and nous and things he will pick up as he goes along as he becomes even more smart on the
    pitch. But other than that, his all-round game will develop naturally.

"He is quite easy to coach in that sense. He wants to improve, and a small word here or there gets taken on
    board instantly. You don't have to keep telling him every day.

"There is a footballing intelligence about him that I love. He will improve, without a doubt."

Derbyshire Live

Current date/time is Fri 16 Nov 2018, 4:00 am