Total Votes: 15
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4972
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Come On You Rams MOTM vs Birmingham (H)

Post by SawleyRam on Sat 03 Nov 2018, 5:20 pm

Vote for your  Come On You Rams MOTM vs Birmingham (H) in a match that saw us come away with a 3-1 win
    ShardlowSheep

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1985
    First ever game : Middlesborough at Home first game of 88 - 89 season
    Number of posts : 4087
    Registration date : 2009-03-27

Re: Come On You Rams MOTM vs Birmingham (H)

Post by ShardlowSheep on Sat 03 Nov 2018, 8:23 pm

I have gone for Holmes. Thought he was decent enough first half, though perhaps a bit too safe. Second half he was driving forward all the time and looked very useful
    Mitten State Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    First ever game : Rams 0 - 2 Norwich, 21/04/1990 BBG
    Number of posts : 852
    Registration date : 2014-05-23

Post by Mitten State Ram on Sat 03 Nov 2018, 9:12 pm

I'd like to give it to either Bennet or Holmes for their busy and productive performances; both were just too much for a very well organised Birmingham team. But there just isn't a player on the field of Huddlestone's class. Everything we do goes through him. Craig Rammage wrote back in September that this team lacked a distributor in the rear of midfield and that such a play-maker would change the outlook entirely. He also noted that the most likely place to find this player was a match-fit Huddlestone. He was exactly correct.

Honourable mention to Marriot: Cornwall's appraisal in the other thread is exactly correct. I hope he's in a Derby shirt next year, because that will mean we've been promoted. No other way he's still in DE1 after May.
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 4972
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Sat 03 Nov 2018, 10:52 pm

Mitten State Ram wrote:I'd like to give it to either Bennet or Holmes for their busy and productive performances; both were just too much for a very well organised Birmingham team. But there just isn't a player on the field of Huddlestone's class. Everything we do goes through him. Craig Rammage wrote back in September that this team lacked a distributor in the rear of midfield and that such a play-maker would change the outlook entirely. He also noted that the most likely place to find this player was a match-fit Huddlestone. He was exactly correct.

Honourable mention to Marriot: Cornwall's appraisal in the other thread is exactly correct. I hope he's in a Derby shirt next year, because that will mean we've been promoted. No other way he's still in DE1 after May.

Sorry Mitten but why do you hope Marriot is in a Derby shirt next year? Championship or Premier he will still be with here because he has signed a 5 year contract with us and we aren't going to sell him,,,,,,,,,,,,are we?
    valakari

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 1947
    Registration date : 2011-10-22

Post by valakari on Sun 04 Nov 2018, 12:50 am

Marriott for me again
    Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5794
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Sun 04 Nov 2018, 1:04 am

Swing low, Jack Marriot, scoring goals for Derby for fun....
    Mitten State Ram

First ever game : Rams 0 - 2 Norwich, 21/04/1990 BBG
    Number of posts : 852
    Registration date : 2014-05-23

Post by Mitten State Ram on Sun 04 Nov 2018, 1:58 am

SawleyRam wrote:
    Mitten State Ram wrote:I'd like to give it to either Bennet or Holmes for their busy and productive performances; both were just too much for a very well organised Birmingham team. But there just isn't a player on the field of Huddlestone's class. Everything we do goes through him. Craig Rammage wrote back in September that this team lacked a distributor in the rear of midfield and that such a play-maker would change the outlook entirely. He also noted that the most likely place to find this player was a match-fit Huddlestone. He was exactly correct.

Sorry Mitten but why do you hope Marriot is in a Derby shirt next year? Championship or Premier he will still be with here because he has signed a 5 year contract with us and we aren't going to sell him,,,,,,,,,,,,are we?

I'm guessing that if we miss out on promotion and Chelsea offer us 20mil for him that we'll sell. The way he's playing right now, doesn't that seem likely?
    MadAmster

Number of posts : 14945
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Sun 04 Nov 2018, 8:07 am

For me it could easily have been Hudds or Holmes or Marriott as they were all excellent. Wilson and Lawro weren't far behind either. I went for Mason Bennett. Earlier this season he earned himself a spot with some magic cameos. Did well to get in and stay in and then, after an international break, he found himself back in the stands on match day. I have not seen any explanation of why and I can only suspect what the reason might have been. In the last 3 or 4 games prior to that break, he had taken an awful lot of physical punishment and was, very obviously, carrying various knocks. He may well have been taken out of the firing line to let the knocks properly heal. The size and quality of the squad permits FL to do that. Now back in, he had to come on early doors when Waggy limped off and he had a great game. Interceptions, tackles, creating space, passes, crosses, shots, tracking back, fighting for every ball. He rounded off a great performance with a goal, the only thing that has been missing from him this season. In short, the boy has become a man and I am, to use football parlance, over the moon for the lad who has had more than his fair share of injury problems in the past 7 seasons. A testimony to him as a person.
    Stockport Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : Newcastle (h) Easter 1983 I think
    Number of posts : 5794
    Registration date : 2010-03-22

Post by Stockport Ram on Tue 06 Nov 2018, 7:22 am

So many choices, so little time.

Fozzy for me. What a fight for the left back spot we have on our hands.....its not the only position where there is healthy competition too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 16 Nov 2018, 4:00 am