Breakfast

MadAmster
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 15730
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Breakfast Empty Breakfast

Post by MadAmster on Wed 14 Nov 2018, 8:25 pm

It seems that Mayhem has agreed a deal with the EU.

Strange thing about this is......... The Cabinet knows the content. The Prime Minister of Gibraltar knows. The Taoiseach of the Irish Republic knows as do all the EU Heads of State. 

The First Ministers of Scotland and Wales do not know and neither do the Westminster MPs. More importantly the UK electorate don't know.

I wonder what watered down version they and the Great British public will get told and when............... 
    outsider
    outsider

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1971
    First ever game : hereford v derby friendly 1980
    Number of posts : 1640
    Registration date : 2014-07-30

Breakfast Empty Re: Breakfast

Post by outsider on Wed 14 Nov 2018, 8:42 pm

Whats the policy for flying in and out every two weeks and will flights go up in price.... these are the important bit I need to know.
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Wed 14 Nov 2018, 8:49 pm

in out, in out, shake it all about Martin.

Who knows when all will be told? I expect it won't be until we are in, out or shaking it all about. DUP not guaranteed to back Mayhem. How many Tory MPs will vote against? How many Labour will vote for? Will Scotland finaly take their oil and run?
    SawleyRam
    SawleyRam
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 5363
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Wed 14 Nov 2018, 11:15 pm

MadAmster wrote:in out, in out, shake it all about Martin.

Who knows when all will be told? I expect it won't be until we are in, out or shaking it all about. DUP not guaranteed to back Mayhem. How many Tory MPs will vote against? How many Labour will vote for? Will Scotland finaly take their oil and run?

Makes yuh proud t'be English dunnit! If there's a way to fishcake it up.................we'll find it!

It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing.
    outsider
    outsider

Post by outsider on Thu 15 Nov 2018, 6:40 am

MadAmster wrote:in out, in out, shake it all about Martin.

If Wales wanted any chance of independence it was lost with brexit vote. Scotland and NI majority wanted to stay but Wales followed with the out vote.
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Thu 15 Nov 2018, 8:20 am

So far I've read the first 100 of 585 pages and there is absolutely no substance in those first 100 pages. Just defining who is included in it, how they shall be referred to in the rest of the document etc etc etc.

Busy day today so I might not get to read much of it today. Probably finish reading it tomorrow.

For those interested enough...... here it is in its full glory  https://ec.europa.eu/commission/sites/beta-political/files/draft_withdrawal_agreement_0.pdf?fbclid=IwAR34wE4yXF-EeAFpglnKKy5kJIMzMw125Y-kLgE_5Umzae9v_DP_fIUXR_Q
    SawleyRam
    SawleyRam
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 5363
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Thu 15 Nov 2018, 4:37 pm

MadAmster wrote:So far I've read the first 100 of 585 pages and there is absolutely no substance in those first 100 pages. Just defining who is included in it, how they shall be referred to in the rest of the document etc etc etc.

Busy day today so I might not get to read much of it today. Probably finish reading it tomorrow.

For those interested enough...... here it is in its full glory  https://ec.europa.eu/commission/sites/beta-political/files/draft_withdrawal_agreement_0.pdf?fbclid=IwAR34wE4yXF-EeAFpglnKKy5kJIMzMw125Y-kLgE_5Umzae9v_DP_fIUXR_Q

I've read up to article 64 (left me with a headache) and my opinion is that this is a draft for for the transistion period only (2020?) there is not a suggestion as to our trading agreements when we have left fully, in other words nothing will change till then. Ms May won't even be prime minister by then and we will have to start the process again and the remain voters.

It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing.
    rjrules71
    rjrules71

First ever game : plymouth argyle 1964-65
    Number of posts : 4505
    Registration date : 2009-05-15

Post by rjrules71 on Thu 15 Nov 2018, 7:10 pm

MadAmster wrote:So far I've read the first 100 of 585 pages and

RESPECT  Respect  Respect

Near death experience for me that  :faint:

there is absolutely no substance in those first 100 pages. Just defining who is included in it, how they shall be referred to in the rest of the document etc etc etc.

outsider
    outsider

Post by outsider on Thu 15 Nov 2018, 8:37 pm

SawleyRam wrote:
    MadAmster wrote:So far I've read the first 100 of 585 pages and there is absolutely no substance in those first 100 pages. Just defining who is included in it, how they shall be referred to in the rest of the document etc etc etc.

I've read up to article 64 (left me with a headache) and my opinion is that this is a draft for for the transistion period only (2020?) there is not a suggestion as to our trading agreements when we have left fully, in other words nothing will change till then. Ms May won't even be prime minister by then and we will have to start the process again and the remain voters.

May be lucky to last the week. Where is cameron .. farage? These two started this but nowhere to be seen
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Thu 15 Nov 2018, 9:15 pm

SawleyRam wrote:

Somewhere in there (up to page 200 now) I read that the transition period is the time in which a trade deal will be negotiated and agreed. Until December 2020 nothing will change. We are, if I have guaged it right, still in the customs union, there is still freedom of movement, EU Law reigns supreme........ if the trade deal isn't sorted in time the transition period can be extended......

I'll let y'all know what I glean tomorrow when I read the last 385 pages......... if I have the stamina.
    darthdmun
    darthdmun

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 79
    Number of posts : 1939
    Registration date : 2009-03-02

Post by darthdmun on Fri 16 Nov 2018, 4:11 am

so..is this Brexit thing you have going off in the UK, the precursor to the start of the 3rd Civil War in the UK? LOL roll
    outsider
    outsider

Post by outsider on Fri 16 Nov 2018, 6:19 am

MadAmster wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:

Somewhere in there (up to page 200 now) I read that the transition period is the time in which a trade deal will be negotiated and agreed. Until December 2020 nothing will change. We are, if I have guaged it right, still in the customs union, there is still freedom of movement, EU Law reigns supreme........ if the trade deal isn't sorted in time the transition period can be extended......

I'll let y'all know what I glean tomorrow when I read the last 385 pages......... if I have the stamina.

Congrats on your stamina and persistence in reading it, have to say it seems harder than watching rowetts team last season.
    Over here in Ireland which the hard border is the worry and as Ireland do majority of trade with or thro the UK it's a big concern. The media coverage here are watching and shaking they heads with the circus that's brexit .
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Fri 16 Nov 2018, 7:59 am

To the tune of a well known John Lennon Xmas song.........

And so this is Brexit
    A right load of shit
    37% voted for it
    now you're all in it
    outsider
    outsider

Post by outsider on Fri 16 Nov 2018, 8:35 am

MadAmster wrote:To the tune of a well known John Lennon Xmas song.........

And so this is Brexit
    A right load of shit
    37% voted for it
    now you're all in it

is that the turn out for the vote???
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Fri 16 Nov 2018, 9:52 am

No Martin. Turnout was something like 72% IIRC. 37% is the % of those entitled to vote who voted Leave. 52% of those who voted, voted leave. 63% didn't vote Leave but, on the other hand, 67% didn't vote remain.

Do what you will with the figures but everybody (almost everybody?) understood that whichever standpoint (leave/remain) got 50% + 1 or more of the votes cast would carry the day and Cameron had sworn that the government would abide by that despite the referendum only being an advisory one.
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Fri 16 Nov 2018, 9:52 am

Page 208
    (c) by derogation from Article 127 (1), Articles 107, 108 and 109 TFEU shall not apply to measures of the United Kingdom authorities, including on Rural Development, supporting the production of and trade in agricultural products in the United Kingdom up to an annual level of support which shall not be more than the total amount of expenditure incurred in the United Kingdom under the Common Agricultural Policy in 2019, and provided that a minimum percentage of that exempted support complies with the provisions of Annex 2 to the WTO Agreement on Agriculture. Such minimum percentage shall be determined on the basis of the last available percentage to which the overall expenditure under the Common Agricultural Policy in the Union complied with the provisions of Annex 2 to the WTO Agreement on Agriculture;
    (d) for the period between 1 January 2021 and the end of the transition period, the United Kingdom shall: shall make a contribution to the Union budget, as determined in accordance with paragraph 3;

This tells me (in c) that we will still be subject to the terms of the CAP after 2020. It also tells me (d) that there is already a 2nd transition period starting 1/1/21.
    Page 209 confirms what I have gleaned from (d) on page 208 and that we will still be contributing to the CAP after 1/1/21
    Pages 304 and 305 make the only mention of the Customs Union and internal market  in the document. It seems that there will be no hard (tax) border between the North and the Republic. Nowhere does it mention ending or continuing the Customs Union between the rest of the UK and the EU.
    Now at Page 314 and have decided to give up......... lots and lots of words that say almost nothing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 23 Sep 2019, 10:58 am