Post by SawleyRam on Tue 08 Jan 2019, 12:14 pm

MadAmster
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 15094
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Re: Gary Rowett: The expected happens

Post by MadAmster on Tue 08 Jan 2019, 3:52 pm

It was only a matter of time. I suppose he's had a couple of million payoff to soften the blow......
    ToonRam
    ToonRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1962
    First ever game : Too small to remember...
    Number of posts : 50
    Registration date : 2017-07-21

Post by ToonRam on Tue 08 Jan 2019, 6:10 pm

Shame....!!!

Sent from Topic'it App
    valakari
    valakari

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1967
    First ever game : 1972
    Number of posts : 2063
    Registration date : 2011-10-22

Post by valakari on Tue 08 Jan 2019, 6:31 pm

As i said at Derby, when the results turn , so will the fans....due to the boring, shite style of play!
    ShardlowSheep
    ShardlowSheep

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1985
    First ever game : Middlesborough at Home first game of 88 - 89 season
    Number of posts : 4106
    Registration date : 2009-03-27

Post by ShardlowSheep on Tue 08 Jan 2019, 7:13 pm

So pleased it has all gone Pete Tong for him
    Loughborough Ram
    Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11719
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram on Tue 08 Jan 2019, 7:31 pm

Problem is, if they bring in somebody with even half a brain they could still make a top two spot never mind a place in the play offs. He was clearly holding back a very good squad
    valakari
    valakari

Post by valakari on Tue 08 Jan 2019, 9:47 pm

I doubt they could make top 2...13 points behind Norwich in 2nd, and alot of good teams in between...
    rob
    rob

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Early 1973/4 season cant remember who
    Number of posts : 2357
    Registration date : 2011-06-07

Post by rob on Wed 09 Jan 2019, 7:38 am

one team always has a run - his ambition was obviously to get a nice pay off for less than a years work.

That £2m transfer fee was probably the best bit of business since Seth Johnson....
    prideParkhead
    prideParkhead

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1972
    First ever game : Derby 2 v 0 Liverpool 1975
    Number of posts : 571
    Registration date : 2011-01-08

Post by prideParkhead on Wed 09 Jan 2019, 2:17 pm

He's free to play golf with Clement now. They can swap tactics on how to remove any entertainment whatsover for the watching public!
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Wed 09 Jan 2019, 4:04 pm

Nathan Jones from Luton in. GT moves and immediately gets a new gaffer.....
    SawleyRam
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 5082
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Wed 09 Jan 2019, 11:28 pm

MadAmster wrote:Nathan Jones from Luton in. GT moves and immediately gets a new gaffer.....

Funny thought occured to me GT has been at Derby whilst they have had 6 different managers he has been signed on loan by Nathan Jones at Luton but the manager as we now know has moved on to Stoke so a new manager is to come in there. GT has now had 8 managers but how many has he actually played under because of injuries and other considerations.
    mcsilks
    mcsilks

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    First ever game : Early eighties, Sheff Utd in the Pop Side
    Number of posts : 302
    Registration date : 2016-08-14

Post by mcsilks on Thu 10 Jan 2019, 12:11 am

These club forums are so full of hypocrites. When Derby were getting the results under his tenure, only one or two (namely valakari and myself) were standing up and talking of wretched performances and lucky results. We were ridiculed for being negative.

Now the majority are prattling on about how dull and negative his football was with Derby.

Wasn't too dull and negative when we were scraping results now was it...

Anybody who speaks ill of a current manager or says something that is deemed as negative is roundly hounded off this site. There is no place for it apparently.

From day one I could see what Rowett was going to bring to the club. Did the Derby management not get the message when he was sacked from Birmingham for purely his brand of football?!

So I say to many on here, in particular New England Ram and that argumentative and Mr Know it all called LoughboroughRam (the very same one who was convinced that GT was going to be our star player this season), you are a bunch of hypocrites.
    valakari
    valakari

Post by valakari on Thu 10 Jan 2019, 12:24 am

Well said Silks
    Mitten State Ram
    Mitten State Ram

First ever game : Rams 0 - 2 Norwich, 21/04/1990 BBG
    Number of posts : 890
    Registration date : 2014-05-23

Post by Mitten State Ram on Thu 10 Jan 2019, 1:13 am

For my part I don't recall ridiculing anyone, but i will confess to my highest standard for measuring good football as being whether or not Derby win. I'm a partisan: I'd rather the Rams win poorly than lose well. If possible, I'd prefer more than either of those that the Rams win well, of course, but Rowett did a decent (not great) job for a time with a squad that had some problems. I don't think a sixth-placed finish was over-achieving for a team with a 20-goal forward in it, but some might have done even worse.

At any rate, we're all glad that Stoke paid us 2mil for the privilege of hiring a better manager with a much more positive style of play. As for GR, I'm sorry for him. I remember him fondly as a player and will never wish him ill unless he actively does something to hurt DCFC. Taking what he perceives as a better job elsewhere doesn't count as that, unless you do it in snake-like fashion a la McJudas.
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

Post by MadAmster on Thu 10 Jan 2019, 7:57 am

I remember arguing against the "lucky" comments of one or two but I also remember using the the self coined term that I also labelled Clement's games, namely, footbore.

Ergo, I am partially guilty McS and val.
    SawleyRam
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 5082
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Thu 10 Jan 2019, 12:33 pm

mcsilks wrote:These club forums are so full of hypocrites. When Derby were getting the results under his tenure, only one or two (namely valakari and myself) were standing up and talking of wretched performances and lucky results. We were ridiculed for being negative.

Now the majority are prattling on about how dull and negative his football was with Derby.

Anybody who speaks ill of a current manager or says something that is deemed as negative is roundly hounded off this site. There is no place for it apparently.

From day one I could see what Rowett was going to bring to the club. Did the Derby management not get the message when he was sacked from Birmingham for purely his brand of football?!

So I say to many on here, in particular New England Ram and that argumentative and Mr Know it all called LoughboroughRam (the very same one who was convinced that GT was going to be our star player this season), you are a bunch of hypocrites.

This forum is about opinions Mcsilks, not just yours from media reports in Japan. The false virtue is all your own by coming on here and to decry the very purpose of this forum, (to deliver opinions.)

I for one was pleased when Rowett was first appointed but began to doubt that assumption as the season progressed (we are not all blessed with that superb crystal ball you appear to possess.) The current manager is a rookie and has shown that with a few obvious mistakes but at least we are being entertained but he will learn, unlike some keyboard warriors who insult all and sundry if the majority do not agree with their opinions.
    mcsilks
    mcsilks

Post by mcsilks on Thu 10 Jan 2019, 12:42 pm

SawleyRam wrote:
    mcsilks wrote:These club forums are so full of hypocrites. When Derby were getting the results under his tenure, only one or two (namely valakari and myself) were standing up and talking of wretched performances and lucky results. We were ridiculed for being negative.

This forum is about opinions Mcsilks, not just yours from media reports in Japan. The false virtue is all your own by coming on here and to decry the very purpose of this forum, (to deliver opinions.)

I for one was pleased when Rowett was first appointed but began to doubt that assumption as the season progressed (we are not all blessed with that superb crystal ball you appear to possess.) The current manager is a rookie and has shown that with a few obvious mistakes but at least we are being entertained but he will learn, unlike some keyboard warriors who insult all and sundry if the majority do not agree with their opinions.

And this is my point. I (among others) were vilified for having the opinion that our football from day one under Rowett was negative and the results he was getting was largely down to luck. That was 'as you out it' my opinion.

We were hounded of the site...quite literally, called all the names under the sun, made fun out of and generally vilified for daring to have the opinion that others thought was negative.

Now those same posters have suddenly changed their tune and have decided miraculously that his football was negative and he wasn't the right man for the job.

Don't patronise me by suggesting that I think my opinion is worth more than others and that I have some kind of crystal ball. I could simply see things that others like yourself appeared to be blinkered by with your rose tinted glasses that you had with GR and his brand of football.

I don't blame Rowett for leaving Derby. There is nothing wrong with trying to better oneself, but in hindsight, he probably realises that the Stoke job came too soon and that he would have been better served staying at the club for which so many fans thought he was doing a good job with.
    RRC
    RRC
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1961
    Number of posts : 16430
    Registration date : 2009-02-13

Post by RRC on Thu 10 Jan 2019, 1:06 pm

Here's my tuppenyworth on managers-

I've always said and posted that DCFC should go for the best, most suitable manager
    available, one who will move the club forward. Whether that man has any connection
    with Derby is irrelevant to his ability to help the club make progress. Looking for a
    Derby connection seems to keep clouding decision making, not help it.

As soon as Rowett's name came up, I posted that he was the wrong choice. His
    management experience was too limited and his approach was unlikely to change
    the team for the better - we were already a lot better than any team that he had
    managed. He seemed to me like the wrong man at the wrong time. We needed to
    build on the good things, not scrap everything and start again.

I wasn't pro or anti Lampard but felt that, for once, the choice was imaginative and
    exciting. Whataver happens, DCFC made a brave choice, rather than repeating the
    mistakes of the past, and I applaud them for that. I now feel hopeful that Lampard
    and Morris can move the Rams to a level where we can win promotion and not be
    relegated straight away, if they get the support of everyone at the club plus the fans.

COYR

Jackal
    Jackal

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1982
    First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 882
    Registration date : 2014-09-08

Post by Jackal on Thu 10 Jan 2019, 1:54 pm

Mitten State Ram wrote:For my part I don't recall ridiculing anyone, but i will confess to my highest standard for measuring good football as being whether or not Derby win. I'm a partisan: I'd rather the Rams win poorly than lose well. If possible, I'd prefer more than either of those that the Rams win well, of course, but Rowett did a decent (not great) job for a time with a squad that had some problems. I don't think a sixth-placed finish was over-achieving for a team with a 20-goal forward in it, but some might have done even worse.

At any rate, we're all glad that Stoke paid us 2mil for the privilege of hiring a better manager with a much more positive style of play. As for GR, I'm sorry for him. I remember him fondly as a player and will never wish him ill unless he actively does something to hurt DCFC. Taking what he perceives as a better job elsewhere doesn't count as that, unless you do it in snake-like fashion a la McJudas.
    Couldn't have put it better myself.
    Loughborough Ram
    Loughborough Ram

Post by Loughborough Ram on Thu 10 Jan 2019, 3:15 pm

Welcome to the mcsilks world of the 'snowflake'! Oh how we've missed you during your recovery.

It was like an arrow through the heart to hear that you feel I'm a hypocrite, and then I realised that it was just a touch of indegestion and I couldn't care less. The fact that you only got round to braving this forum again to point out that your negativity about Rowatt was bang on the money is a blessed relief to us all I'm sure.

I thought that Rowatt did a reasonable job here and I fully understood him leaving but did I chuckle yesterday? OF COURSE I DID. Does that make me a hypocrite? Who cares, it's just an internet forum of opinions that count for pretty much nothing other than to occupy a few disperate souls who have nothing better to do than chew the fat for a few minutes when the mood takes them. If you think that your opinion means anything more than that then good luck to you, no wonder you appear to have been mentally scarred by your previous experiences on this forum.

Personally I'm glad your back because I quite like a good argument and if we all agree there is something missing. So keep posting and accept that others may disagree with you and say so, it ain't personal, we don't know each other, I argue with some of my best friends and very occassionally they prove me wrongalthough I tend to block that out of my mind just like I am about to do with this.

mcsilks
    mcsilks

Post by mcsilks on Thu 10 Jan 2019, 3:30 pm

Loughborough Ram wrote:Welcome to the mcsilks world of the 'snowflake'! Oh how we've missed you during your recovery.

It was like an arrow through the heart to hear that you feel I'm a hypocrite, and then I realised that it was just a touch of indegestion and I couldn't care less. The fact that you only got round to braving this forum again to point out that your negativity about Rowatt was bang on the money is a blessed relief to us all I'm sure.

I thought that Rowatt did a reasonable job here and I fully understood him leaving but did I chuckle yesterday? OF COURSE I DID. Does that make me a hypocrite? Who cares, it's just an internet forum of opinions that count for pretty much nothing other than to occupy a few disperate souls who have nothing better to do than chew the fat for a few minutes when the mood takes them. If you think that your opinion means anything more than that then good luck to you, no wonder you appear to have been mentally scarred by your previous experiences on this forum.

Personally I'm glad your back because I quite like a good argument and if we all agree there is something missing. So keep posting and accept that others may disagree with you and say so, it ain't personal, we don't know each other, I argue with some of my best friends and very occassionally they prove me wrongalthough I tend to block that out of my mind just like I am about to do with this.

No recovery here. Just been busy building up my business in China and the US.

Some of us do have a little more to do than clicking around on internet forums trying to look for arguments.

Loughborough Ram
    Loughborough Ram

Post by Loughborough Ram on Thu 10 Jan 2019, 3:34 pm

Best get on with it then. I guess we'll hear from you next when you feel the need to tell us how right you are again
    mcsilks
    mcsilks

Post by mcsilks on Thu 10 Jan 2019, 3:42 pm

Loughborough Ram wrote:Best get on with it then. I guess we'll hear from you next when you feel the need to tell us how right you are again

Stick to the only thing you're good at which seems to be ridiculing those who disagree with you.

Oh...and keep on posting your thoughts on management and players. I do like a good laugh from time to time.

Loughborough Ram
    Loughborough Ram

Post by Loughborough Ram on Thu 10 Jan 2019, 3:47 pm

I will keep on because I can't see the point in just posting when theres something negative to post about
    whestonram
    whestonram

First ever game : First Game
    Number of posts : 367
    Registration date : 2010-10-09

Post by whestonram on Thu 10 Jan 2019, 6:09 pm

mcsilks wrote:
    Loughborough Ram wrote:Best get on with it then. I guess we'll hear from you next when you feel the need to tell us how right you are again

Stick to the only thing you're good at which seems to be ridiculing those who disagree with you.

Oh...and keep on posting your thoughts on management and players. I do like a good laugh from time to time.

With no apologies for being personal - Man, you're such a knob

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 24 Jan 2019, 11:21 am