New England Ram
    Admin

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1968
    First ever game : Bury away 1968
    Number of posts : 23501
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Re: Gary Rowett: The expected happens

Post by New England Ram on Fri 11 Jan 2019, 12:55 am

mcsilks wrote:These club forums are so full of hypocrites. When Derby were getting the results under his tenure, only one or two (namely valakari and myself) were standing up and talking of wretched performances and lucky results. We were ridiculed for being negative.

Now the majority are prattling on about how dull and negative his football was with Derby.

Wasn't too dull and negative when we were scraping results now was it...

Anybody who speaks ill of a current manager or says something that is deemed as negative is roundly hounded off this site. There is no place for it apparently.

From day one I could see what Rowett was going to bring to the club. Did the Derby management not get the message when he was sacked from Birmingham for purely his brand of football?!

So I say to many on here, in particular New England Ram and that argumentative and Mr Know it all called LoughboroughRam (the very same one who was convinced that GT was going to be our star player this season), you are a bunch of hypocrites.

I *$&*ing knew there was something missing in my life..and now I know what or who it is.
    I sincerely hope you haven’t been curled up shivering in a ball MC waiting for this moment...that makes me so sad Hurt
    Regarding Rowett..if he was still here..I would still be backing him because I have always been ( and always will be) opposed to revolving doors for the managers office.
    But give it a break MC...please don’t be playing the victim card..you gave out more than your fair share of crap and constantly rammed it down more than a few throats..
    But I do want to thank you for pairing me with the legendary poster that is Loughie...and I wish you a peaceful happy and blessed New Year Kiss Kiss

mcsilks
    mcsilks

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1979
    First ever game : Early eighties, Sheff Utd in the Pop Side
    Number of posts : 331
    Registration date : 2016-08-14

Post by mcsilks on Fri 11 Jan 2019, 1:40 am

New England Ram wrote:
    mcsilks wrote:These club forums are so full of hypocrites. When Derby were getting the results under his tenure, only one or two (namely valakari and myself) were standing up and talking of wretched performances and lucky results. We were ridiculed for being negative.

Now the majority are prattling on about how dull and negative his football was with Derby.

Wasn't too dull and negative when we were scraping results now was it...

Anybody who speaks ill of a current manager or says something that is deemed as negative is roundly hounded off this site. There is no place for it apparently.

From day one I could see what Rowett was going to bring to the club. Did the Derby management not get the message when he was sacked from Birmingham for purely his brand of football?!

So I say to many on here, in particular New England Ram and that argumentative and Mr Know it all called LoughboroughRam (the very same one who was convinced that GT was going to be our star player this season), you are a bunch of hypocrites.

I *$&*ing knew there was something missing in my life..and now I know what or who it is.
    I sincerely hope you haven’t been curled up shivering in a ball MC waiting for this moment...that makes me so sad   Hurt
    Regarding Rowett..if he was still here..I would still be backing him because I have always been ( and always will be) opposed to revolving doors for the managers office.
    But give it a break MC...please don’t be playing the victim card..you gave out more than your fair share of crap and constantly rammed it down more than a few throats..
    But I do want to thank you for pairing me with the legendary poster that is Loughie...and I wish you a peaceful happy and blessed New Year Kiss Kiss

Thanks for the New Year wishes. I'll take them with the pinch of salt that I take most of your choice remarks.

You were wrong to berate and bully those who were voicing their opinions as to the negativity of Rowett's football. Just a shame you're not big enough to admit that. Just hide behind your 'I was behind the manager' remark.

Rowett was wrong to leave Derby and despite his clearly negative football, I was always behind him as I will always get behind and manager we employ, irrespective of what I might think about the appointment. That much we can agree on.

As for Loughie, a legendary poster?! You have actually said something amusing there. Well done NER LOL

New England Ram
    New England Ram
    Admin

Post by New England Ram on Fri 11 Jan 2019, 2:47 am

Yeah...Well would love to discuss it with anyone else on here who feels I have berated or bullied them on this or any subject !
    And as I said..while your around you should take a glance back at the manner in which you repeatedly presented your opinion on the subject of Rowett despite being asked on numerous occasions to give it a break as you had made your point over and over and over again ..and we/ or I had heard you !
    Gloating ( as you are now ) after every defeat or setback whilst disappearing during good runs .
    Looking back did I lose my temper regarding your insessent negativity occasionally ..absolutely I will put my hand up and say yes..and if I remember rightly I apologised at the time..
    But you will have to take my word for it when I say it takes a lot to take me to that place.
    Either way I can’t be arsed to get into all this bull again...but I totally stand behind MY OPINION regarding Loughies status .

mcsilks
    mcsilks

Post by mcsilks on Fri 11 Jan 2019, 4:34 am

New England Ram wrote:Yeah...Well would love to discuss it with anyone else on here who feels I have berated or bullied them on this or any subject !
    And as I said..while your around you should take a glance back at the manner in which you repeatedly presented your opinion on the subject of Rowett despite being asked on numerous occasions to give it a break as you had made your point over and over and over again ..and we/ or I  had heard you !
    Gloating ( as you are now ) after every defeat or setback whilst disappearing during good runs .
    Looking back did I lose my temper regarding your insessent negativity occasionally ..absolutely I will put my hand up and say yes..and if I remember rightly I apologised at the time..
    But you will have to take my word for it when I say it takes a lot to take me to that place.
    Either way I can’t be arsed to get into all this bull again...but I totally stand behind MY OPINION regarding Loughies status .

If we played badly and won rather fortuitously, I would have said that in my after-match thoughts.

You would have deemed me as being negative even though I was talking about what I saw.

If Derby then repeated the performance, and I then in turn reported what I saw, is that me making the point over and over again?

No, it is me merely reporting on what I saw.

Derby were repeatedly fortunate with their run of results under GR. I could see that, others could see that...Loughie and you however couldn't. You mocked me, gloated when we kept winning and gave it the high and mighty when we were picking up the results.

When the results turned sour, I did not come and here and gloat and say 'I was right after all' which I could have done.

I am not doing that now. What I am saying is that so many of our fan base are a bunch of hypocrites as those fans that were saying that GR was doing such a stella job when he was here are now suddenly saying that his football was dour and negative.

It was those same fans such as yourself that were mocking those that were saying that at the time. DOUBLE STANDARDS you damn hypocrites such as yourself.
    MadAmster
    MadAmster

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 0
    Number of posts : 15218
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by MadAmster on Fri 11 Jan 2019, 8:43 am

Just throwing this out there......... IMO it is eminently possible back the manager (and the team) on match day (our job as fans) and be critical on online fora of what you have seen on the pitch.

It is also fine to have a different opinion of what happened on the pitch.

In this particular case, looking back at GR's (and Clement's) teams and tactics, we have in the blue corner, McSilks. His take on matters was, if I remember correctly, that us defending en masse, having 35% possession, very few shots for and/or on target and then nicking a 1-0 win on the counter was pure luck.

Others on here saw it more as stout defending and effective attacking.

When this happens more often than not, can you really say it is luck? I don't (and didn't at the time) think repeating something game after game is luck. I also said so at the time.

This all means no more than that McSilks and I saw the same thing and had a different view of why/how that thing played out.

Different opinions. That is the lifeblood of a forum such as this. I don't think I was ever offensive over this difference of opinion but did put my point of view strongly.

My current point of view is that, in this particular thread, there are posts that go too far and that is a shame.
    mcsilks
    mcsilks

Post by mcsilks on Fri 11 Jan 2019, 9:23 am

MadAmster wrote:Just throwing this out there......... IMO it is eminently possible back the manager (and the team) on match day (our job as fans) and be critical on online fora of what you have seen on the pitch.

In this particular case, looking back at GR's (and Clement's) teams and tactics, we have in the blue corner, McSilks. His take on matters was, if I remember correctly, that us defending en masse, having 35% possession, very few shots for and/or on target and then nicking a 1-0 win on the counter was pure luck.

When this happens more often than not, can you really say it is luck? I don't (and didn't at the time) think repeating something game after game is luck. I also said so at the time.

This all means no more than that McSilks and I saw the same thing and had a different view of why/how that thing played out.

Different opinions. That is the lifeblood of a forum such as this. I don't think I was ever offensive over this difference of opinion but did put my point of view strongly.

My current point of view is that, in this particular thread, there are posts that go too far and that is a shame.

Would agree with your views here Amster and particularly the last point.

Opinions are to be respected, not mocked and belittled.
    SawleyRam
    SawleyRam

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1954
    First ever game : 1956
    Number of posts : 5154
    Registration date : 2011-01-11

Post by SawleyRam on Fri 11 Jan 2019, 10:18 am

mcsilks wrote:
    MadAmster wrote:Just throwing this out there......... IMO it is eminently possible back the manager (and the team) on match day (our job as fans) and be critical on online fora of what you have seen on the pitch.

Reading back on this thread nobody, but nobody mentioned you or your opinions Mcsilks.

Your post started it all (No.12) saying " These club forums are so full of hypocrites." then you went on to insult two of our most respected posters by name, quote, "in particular New England Ram and that argumentative and Mr Know it all called LoughboroughRam."

Don't expect others to agree with a personal attack and myopic posts. Your tone and words are insulting, yet you expect naught back. Change the tone (not the opinions) of your posts and we might agree more.
    mcsilks
    mcsilks

Post by mcsilks on Fri 11 Jan 2019, 10:56 am

SawleyRam wrote:
    mcsilks wrote:

Reading back on this thread nobody, but nobody mentioned you or your opinions Mcsilks.

Your post started it all (No.12) saying " These club forums are so full of hypocrites." then you went on to insult two of our most respected posters by name, quote, "in particular New England Ram and that argumentative and Mr Know it all called LoughboroughRam."

Don't expect others to agree with a personal attack and myopic posts. Your tone and words are insulting, yet you expect naught back. Change the tone (not the opinions) of your posts and we might agree more.

Am not wanting or expecting you to agree with my posts SR. Your posts have been insulting towards me over time and believe me, NER's and Loughie's posts have been incredibly rude and insulting toward me and others merely for stating an opinion.

In my experience, I find Loughie to be incredibly insulting and he has argued his own opinion like they are fact on numerous occasions. You don't agree...fair enough, it's my opinion and I'm entitled to mine as you to yours.

What I don't like are those who say one thing, i.e that Rowett is doing a great job and berating those who dare to say he's negative yet when he leaves the club then call him all the names under the sun and brand his football as negative.

You were one of those who didn't agree that his football was negative. Fine, you can be in that small minority but don't suddenly change your tune once he's left for pastures new.

And yes, this forum along with others are FULL of hypocrites. Rowett did a good job at Derby and while his football was dull, he doesn't deserve the abuse he is getting. No one does.
    SawleyRam
    SawleyRam

Post by SawleyRam on Fri 11 Jan 2019, 12:16 pm

mcsilks wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:
    mcsilks wrote:

Am not wanting or expecting you to agree with my posts SR. Your posts have been insulting towards me over time and believe me, NER's and Loughie's posts have been incredibly rude and insulting toward me and others merely for stating an opinion.

In my experience, I find Loughie to be incredibly insulting and he has argued his own opinion like they are fact on numerous occasions. You don't agree...fair enough, it's my opinion and I'm entitled to mine as you to yours.

What I don't like are those who say one thing, i.e that Rowett is doing a great job and berating those who dare to say he's negative yet when he leaves the club then call him all the names under the sun and brand his football as negative.

You were one of those who didn't agree that his football was negative. Fine, you can be in that small minority but don't suddenly change your tune once he's left for pastures new.  - I thought Rowett was a good appointment, as the season progressed I started to have doubts, in the latter stages disliked his brand of football immensely so I changed my mind after seeing the evidence.

And yes, this forum along with others are FULL of hypocrites. Rowett did a good job at Derby and while his football was dull, he doesn't deserve the abuse he is getting. No one does. - Did you keep a straight face whilst typing that? So other fora disagree with you? Are we all hypocritical to the person with the only correct opinion? Now that's what I call preaching one thing and doing another.
    mcsilks
    mcsilks

Post by mcsilks on Fri 11 Jan 2019, 12:45 pm

SawleyRam wrote:
    mcsilks wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:
    mcsilks wrote:

You were one of those who didn't agree that his football was negative. Fine, you can be in that small minority but don't suddenly change your tune once he's left for pastures new.  - I thought Rowett was a good appointment, as the season progressed I started to have doubts, in the latter stages disliked his brand of football immensely so I changed my mind after seeing the evidence.

And yes, this forum along with others are FULL of hypocrites. Rowett did a good job at Derby and while his football was dull, he doesn't deserve the abuse he is getting. No one does. - Did you keep a straight face whilst typing that? So other fora disagree with you? Are we all hypocritical to the person with the only correct opinion? Now that's what I call preaching one thing and doing another.

You might have to explain that last part. I simply don't understand what you are trying to say.

Those hypocrites are the ones who while Rowett was at the club claimed he was doing a stella job and yet when he leaves the club are now saying he did a bad job at Derby, his football was negative and he deserves everything he is getting.

I said from the moment the first ball was kicked under Rowett that he wasn't the correct appointment. Just my opinion...not fact and for anyone to disagree with. It was clear to all that his football was negative. That said, I got 100% behind him as he was the manager. Again, my opinion...most of whom disagreed with as he was getting the results.

You were among the ones mocking me for daring to have that negative opinion because woe betide anyone that dares to say anything negative while we are winning.

The only reason I posted again yesterday after a long break was because I was sick and tired of reading folks posting such nasty comments about GR. His football isn't great, but no man deserves that level of abuse. And yes, I can say that with a straight face.

It has been said that I have come on here to gloat as my opinoin was proven to be correct. If I had wanted to gloat, I would have been on here a lot sooner. Loughie, NER and the likes of yourself were proven to have the wrong opinion of GR a long time ago. Many of us knew that the results would dry up as soon as that luck ran out and that is exactly what happened.
    Loughborough Ram
    Loughborough Ram

Rams Fan Since Rams Fan Since : 1970
    Number of posts : 11763
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by Loughborough Ram on Fri 11 Jan 2019, 3:14 pm

Just how whiney can one person be? Whatever
    SawleyRam
    SawleyRam

Post by SawleyRam on Fri 11 Jan 2019, 3:16 pm

mcsilks wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:
    mcsilks wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:
    mcsilks wrote:

You might have to explain that last part. I simply don't understand what you are trying to say.

Those hypocrites are the ones who while Rowett was at the club claimed he was doing a stella job and yet when he leaves the club are now saying he did a bad job at Derby, his football was negative and he deserves everything he is getting.

I said from the moment the first ball was kicked under Rowett that he wasn't the correct appointment. Just my opinion...not fact and for anyone to disagree with. It was clear to all that his football was negative. That said, I got 100% behind him as he was the manager. Again, my opinion...most of whom disagreed with as he was getting the results.

You were among the ones mocking me for daring to have that negative opinion because woe betide anyone that dares to say anything negative while we are winning.

The only reason I posted again yesterday after a long break was because I was sick and tired of reading folks posting such nasty comments about GR. His football isn't great, but no man deserves that level of abuse. And yes, I can say that with a straight face.

It has been said that I have come on here to gloat as my opinoin was proven to be correct. If I had wanted to gloat, I would have been on here a lot sooner. Loughie, NER and the likes of yourself were proven to have the wrong opinion of GR a long time ago. Many of us knew that the results would dry up as soon as that luck ran out and that is exactly what happened.

How many times do I have to say it? I am not opposed to your opinions only the tone and the lack of respect for other posters, then complaining because others, myself included, bite back. Tone it down, some of your points are excellent.
    New England Ram
    New England Ram
    Admin

Post by New England Ram on Fri 11 Jan 2019, 8:21 pm

SawleyRam wrote:
    mcsilks wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:
    mcsilks wrote:
    SawleyRam wrote:
    mcsilks wrote:

How many times do I have to say it? I am not opposed to your opinions only the tone and the lack of respect for other posters, then complaining because others, myself included, bite back. Tone it down, some of your points are excellent.

Perfectly put Sawl.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 26 Mar 2019, 1:05 pm